Start by marking “Immortality (Immortal Witches, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Immortality (Immortal Witches, #0.5)

Immortality (The Immortals #0.5)

Acclaimed as one of the masters of paranormal romance, Maggie Shayne enthralled readers with her extraordinary trilogy about a race of immortal witches. Now, she presents the story of an immortal whose existence has centered solely on vengeance and hatred-only to find a second chance at love, redemption-and immortality.

Her name is Puabi-and she's an Immortal High Witch who

Mass Market Paperback, 84 pages
Published September 27th 2005 by Jove Books

To ask other readers questions about Immortality, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Immortality

Nairabell
Feb 28, 2010 Nairabell rated it really liked it
Puabi is an Immortal High Witch whose past is littered with dark secrets. When her husband and his lover attempt to burn her alive, Puabi intents to let them but something in her makes her fight back and escape their clutches. Falling into the ocean Puabi assumes that all is lost and waits to die. But then widowed millionaire Matthew Fairchild saves her and throws both their lives into turmoil because Puabi looks exactly like his dead wife...and Matthew is unlocking Puabi's chained emotions.

This
Sam
Nov 27, 2010 Sam rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone who would lesson
Shelves: 4-star, fiction
This was a great story. I am not a huge fan of Romance novels and I really don't read them much. I didn't realize that this book was a Romance book, if I had know it I would have just put it back down and not thought another thing about it. But I didn't know that it was a Romance book so I began to read it and once I realized that it was Romance I could not put it down. It turned out to be a really good book I am glad that I began reading it. Love the ending. :)

It's about a witch that is to esca
Angela
Apr 14, 2010 Angela rated it liked it
Shelves: witch, romance, bc-09
I didn't put in a journal entry on Bookcrossing after I read this, so this is from memory.

This is a quick little read, and quite enjoyable. An immortal witch gets found by a grieving widower. And while this shows as the fourth in a series, you don't need to have read the others to understand (I haven't read the others, and still enjoyed the story). A cheesy romance novel, so don't expect much more than pure entertainment.
Bekah Chance-Revels
Jun 08, 2011 Bekah Chance-Revels rated it liked it
The lead female character, despite being a serial killer, gets off unscathed and gets everything she wants. There's no real conflict--the semi-villain is squashed flat by a collapsing roof before she can do any real harm. Overall my least favorite of the series, but at the least the two main characters didn't fall in love instantly like happened in the first novel "Eternity"
Rebekah
Jan 20, 2010 Rebekah rated it really liked it
Amazingly well developed story in under 100 pages. There are authors out there that can't fully develop their storyline and characters with 4 times the amount of pages. Great Story! Great Characters! Great Read!
Deanna
Sep 09, 2010 Deanna rated it really liked it
I loved this story. The overlying themes were ones that aren't often shown in current literature, where more people are worried about wereanimals and vampires. Parts of the story were predicable, but other parts weren't as obvious.

It was a good story and flowed well.
Lyra Rose
Apr 10, 2009 Lyra Rose rated it really liked it
Find my review at http://lyraroses.blogspot.com
BookNerdette
Nov 05, 2009 BookNerdette rated it it was amazing
Megan
This was a good book, considering that at the end of “Destiny,” when we are introduced to Puabi, we find that she is not a “nice” person and don’t really want to get to know her. This was a short novelette, which was originally in an anthology. This is the fourth story in the line of the Immortal High Witches. I think it is very hard to make a great story when the author is given so little space for character development and plot progression. This is a good try; not great, not bad, just good.
Tasneem
Sep 01, 2011 Tasneem rated it really liked it
Amazing. You go through the series hating her and then you see her from a different light. She is lacking in the softer emotions, and so finally with the death of his wife, the two halves of the soul can come together and she sees the error of her ways. A bit too easy a solution, but well done. And still, evil is out there, waiting to tear these two apart too.
Diana
Feb 21, 2013 Diana rated it it was amazing
I'm not one for such short stories, and I have to admit, I wasn't even really interested in Puabi's story, but I am so glad I read this! I loved it! The twist at the end was so cool! I wish there were more books in this series. What do you think, Ms. Shayne? Could you give us another? Maybe Gabriel's story? That would be awesome!
Rebecca
Mar 25, 2012 Janie rated it really liked it
as always Maggie Shayne delivers
Tifa Kelly
Sep 09, 2016 Tifa Kelly rated it it was amazing
I love this book so much that I have had to replace it twice and well be replacing again
Samantha Lynn
Jun 20, 2014 Samantha Lynn rated it it was amazing
One of my all time favorites, she writes just as I wisht to write.
Sharon
Sharon rated it it was amazing
Oct 30, 2015
Annabel
Annabel rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Amber Marco
Amber Marco rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2014
Laura rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2016
Dlblumer Blumer
Dlblumer Blumer rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2011
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
Feb 05, 2009
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Feb 20, 2014
Tori
Tori rated it really liked it
May 25, 2011
Charlotte Gann-Parker
Charlotte Gann-Parker rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2009
Peggy
Peggy rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2012
Denise D. Cross
Denise D. Cross rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Jan 11, 2009
Mika St.
Mika St. rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2010
Faith
Faith rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2013
Tabitha Peterson
Tabitha Peterson rated it it was amazing
Dec 30, 2011
  • Moonglow
  • Strangers In The Night (includes Beyond Twilight - Wings in the Night, #4)
  • Shifting Love (The Foundation, #1)
  • Bewitched
  • The Devil's Knight (Bound in Darkness, #2)
  • Magical Moments (Witch, #2)
  • A Changeling for All Seasons
  • Awaiting the Moon
  • Maximum Witch (That Old Black Magic, #3)
  • Flesh and Stone (Les Gargouillen #2)
  • A Darker Dream
  • Paranormal Holiday Anthology Trio
  • Never Been Witched (Triplet Witch Trilogy, #3)
  • Shutterbox Volume 1: Orientation (Shutterbox, #1)
  • Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)
  • Unleashed
  • A Hidden Magic (Sentinels #1)
  • Bridal Jitters (Ghost Hunters, #0.5)
I live in the teeny, tiny town of Taylor, NY, (Alliteration Alert!) though my mailing address is Cincinnatus, my telephone exchange is Truxton and I pay taxes and vote in Cuyler. All of these are at least in the same rural county in the southern hills of New York State; Cortland County. There are more cattle than people here. The nearest “big” cities are Syracuse and Binghamton and they are an hou ...more
More about Maggie Shayne...

The Immortals (4 books)
  • Eternity (Immortal Witches, #1)
  • Infinity (Immortal Witches, #2)
  • Destiny (Immortal Witches, #3)