Start by marking “A Better Way to Live: Og Mandino's Own Personal Story of Success Featuring 17 Rules to Live By” as Want to Read:

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  596 ratings  ·  35 reviews
The author recounts his descent into despair and his discovery of spiritual nourishment in the works of Aristotle, Emerson, Ben Franklin, and Plato, and enumerates the seventeen rules that helped transform his life.
Published December 29th 2010 by Bantam (first published 1990)

To ask other readers questions about A Better Way to Live, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Better Way to Live

Madara
Daudzi no mums ir domājuši par to, kāds ir laimes noslēpums un kur to meklēt; kā padarīt savu dzīvi veiksmīgāku un kā dzīvot labāk? Uz šo jautājumu atbildes ir sniedzis pasaulē visvairāk lasītais autors Ogs Mandino savā grāmatā „Kā dzīvot labāk”. Šis autors spēj ietekmēt un pārvērst daudzu cilvēku dzīves atsaucoties uz daudzu populāru cilvēku izteikumiem un atklājot savu dzīves pieredzi.
Ogs Mandino ir 1923.gadā dzimis amerikāņu autors, kurš ir strādājis papīra rūpnīcā, vēlāk ASV armijas gaisa s
Wes
Self-awareness book by a classic author of self-help books. Not only reminds me about solid principles of life, but makes me aware of how much I take for granted the great things in my life. Og is the epitome of positive thinking!
Tim
An excellent book! The first book I've ever read in one sitting. I especially liked the 17 rules. I liked them so much that I think I may have them enlarged and either put in my house or my classroom.
Helmut Knobl
In my opinion this is an excellent book to help the reader truly find a better way to live. There are no secrets to the rules, they just work when they are applied. The secret, if there is one, is to apply the rules. Most people probably just read them without applying them. For the last 13 years I have applied rule no 2. Today, and everyday, deliver more than you are getting paid to do.

I have had great success in applying this rule.
Roxanne
Bought this book in 1995 and have read it more than 10 times already. A good read specially during low times in life. It reminds the reader that happiness and success (and vise versa) is a choice. Just like the "Being Happy!" book.

Good Thoughts produce Good Things!
Dani Miller
This is my ultimate favorite book by Og Mandino. I very good way to remind us of our blessings. I have read it several times.
Scott
A very good book. An inspiration to live our life's with a humble approach to the many blessigs we have!
Amanda Star
Some of this being common sense, the rest is stuff we need to be reminded of daily.
Elizabeth Mendoza
Easy to read. I loved the way Mr. Mandino included his own life experiences in the book.
Kevin Hammond
A look into the life of Og Mandino himself. Great wisdom and insight.
Mel
Seventeen rules to live by for a better life.
Jary Welker
Another great Og Mandino book.
Georgia
Awesome and easy to read
Adriana
Los libros de autoayuda son mal vistos en México por su precaria profundidad literaria y ser más melodrama que otra cosa. Og Mandino es diferente, su libro es su experiencia y ahí precisamente se distingue de los demás. "Acción palabra mágica" porque la magia de su vida aconteció en el momento que puso en marcha las sugerencias espirituales que a él le funcionaron. Sin embargo, es una narración muy sencilla, plana, facilona, definitivamente no es ningún reto de análisis literario.
D
This is an old (circa 1990) Og Mandino Positive Mental Attitude book. It is a quick read with with Mandino's life story and 17 rules to live by, like - "be grateful," "laugh at yourself" and "Realize that true happiness lies within you." Nothing new here, but a tried and true philosophy of how to live a good life and be happy, and that is always good to keep in mind.
Andrea
This was a good book to read to remember how we need to prioritize things in our life. A quick read with good information.
Carlotta68
Un libro da tenere sempre a portata di mano, un manuale di vita. Da leggere, rileggere, farlo proprio per poi passare dalla teoria alla pratica.....e sarebbe un mondo migliore per tutti...
Muralikrishna
May 03, 2013 Muralikrishna is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This is a must read book. Og Mandino has outlined 17 Golden Rules to live by. I am sure that if one strictly follows these rules, he/she can lead a successful and rewarding life.
Gregory
Thi book was excellent. It was more of a re-affirmation than anything. But i'm a strong believer in re-introducing myself to meaning ful principles over and over again.
Lisa Elster
I didn't love the first chapter even though I understood why he wrote it that way. After that I loved it and felt it was really inspirational! I am an Og Mandino fan!
Danni
this is my book group book for February. I loved it. So many interesting ideas to make life better. I hope to try some. It is going to make for a good discussion.
Anthony Mast
Another great book from Og Mandino. More great information about being intentional with your life and living to your fullest God-given potential.
Gekko
wholesomely written self-help fare -- but reading this i felt myself edging towards the precipice of addiction to self-help books...
Jen Gile
Love this book. All common sense but puts life, marriage, and more in perspective! Easy read and I highly recommend!
Orion
As good if not better than The Greatest Salesman in the World. Really makes you appreciate your life.
Gary
I like Og Mandinos works. I haven't read everything, but I'm not done reading!
Lauren
Jan 20, 2014 Lauren rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Lauren by: Steven Gilbert
Nothing earth-shattering, but a pleasant and quick read nonetheless.
Sue
Self-help. 17 rules for how to live better.
Pixismiler
Anything by Og Mandino is good.
Shai
this book inspired me a lot...
  • Life is Tremendous
  • An Enemy Called Average
  • Developing the Leaders Around You
  • Hung by the Tongue
  • Tough Times Never Last, But Tough People Do!
  • Win: The Key Principles to Take Your Business from Ordinary to Extraordinary
  • The Generosity Factor
  • For Better or for Best: A Valuable Guide to Knowing, Understanding, and Loving Your Husband
  • Four Pillars of a Man's Heart: Bringing Strength into Balance
  • Enthusiasm Makes the Difference
  • The Magic of Believing
  • Your Personality Tree
  • Man of Steel and Velvet
  • Acres of Diamonds
  • The Go-Getter (a Story That Tells You How to Be One)
  • How to Start a Conversation and Make Friends: Revised and Updated
  • The Tongue - A Creative Force
  • The Dream Giver: Following Your God-Given Destiny
19753
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame. ...more
More about Og Mandino...
The Greatest Salesman In The World The Choice The Greatest Salesman in the World II The Greatest Secret in the World The Greatest Miracle in the World