Start by marking “The Logic Book With Student Solutions Cd Rom” as Want to Read:
The Logic Book With Student Solutions Cd Rom

The Logic Book With Student Solutions Cd Rom

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  69 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Useful for symbolic or formal logic courses, this text presents the techniques and concepts with explanations, and includes examples. It offers instructors the freedom to cover the topics they want in the order they choose.
Hardcover
Published September 23rd 2003 by McGraw-Hill Humanities/Social Sciences/Languages (first published January 1st 1990)

To ask other readers questions about The Logic Book With Student Solutions Cd Rom, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Logic Book With Student Solutions Cd Rom

Curtis Debaun
What did I just read?
Stryker
I know there are only so many ways to present formal logic to students, but this book is no substitute for a good instructor. It's calculations and formulas are precise, but its explanations are extremely wordy. What takes this book three or four chapters to explain could easily be explained by an articulate logician in about ten minutes. Still, it can be a very handy reference, so I may shelf it for future use.
Phillip
I have worn out my copy of this book and am holding it together with duct tape. This book covers the subjects of symbolic logic and meta-logic.

This is accessible without talking down to the students.
Albie
The Logic Book with Student Solutions Manual by Merrie Bergmann (1997)
Erik
tedious. I'll only assign four chapters out of this and there is too much text.
Randy Hulshizer
Good introduction to symbolic logic.
Michael Hokanson
Michael Hokanson marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Aaron Ü
Aaron Ü marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Ivan
Ivan added it
Sep 29, 2014
Ron
Ron added it
Aug 31, 2014
Raju
Raju marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Ken
Ken added it
Nov 17, 2014
Christian
Christian marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
kaelan
kaelan is currently reading it
May 03, 2014
Kahsu
Kahsu marked it as to-read
Apr 01, 2014
Zach Kagley
Zach Kagley is currently reading it
Mar 29, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
The Logic Book The Logic Book, 6th edition An Introduction to Many-Valued and Fuzzy Logic: Semantics, Algebras, and Derivation Systems Solutions To Selected Exercises In `The Logic Book' Intro to Many-Valued & Fuzzy Logic