Start by marking “Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)” as Want to Read:
Deadly Sins (Mindhunters, #6)

Deadly Sins (Mindhunters #6)

An unknown assassin has appointed himself judge, jury, and executioner, brutally taking out high-level human targets citywide. It's just the kind of case that will test the resolve of a tough FBI agent like Jaid Marlowe. Especially when her new partner is Adam Raiker, Jaid's former colleague-and ex-lover.
Mass Market Paperback, 339 pages
Published August 2nd 2011 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Deadly Sins, please sign up.

Recent Questions

This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Glory
Jun 16, 2016 Glory rated it liked it
I have no idea what it is with these people. I send them out on assignment, and they come back wanting to get married.
(с) Adam Raiker

Ну, собственно, если посмотреть на серию – так оно и есть)) Каждый во время расследования находит свое счастье, и вот настал черед самого Адама.
Правда, ему ничего искать не пришлось. Их история с Джейд стара как мир. Он был суровый и опытный, она – зеленая и наивная. Его смущали восемь лет разницы в возрасте, она не смогла пробить оборону, а потом еще и то страшное
Catherine
*2.5 Stars*

I knew going into this book that the romance would not be a central feature, because that was the case with Deadly Dreams. But I didn’t expect it to be even more lacking than it was the last time. I was really looking forward to getting to know the Mindhunters boss, Adam Raiker, and watching him fall in love. But I ended the book feeling like I still didn’t know him very well and that he never had much of a romance.

The suspense aspect of the book was really well done. It wasn’t as fas
Kathy Martin
Jul 23, 2011 Kathy Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a well-written romantic suspense story with engaging characters and a really creepy plot. Someone shoots a Supreme Court Justice and sets off a major investigation involving the FBI, Homeland Security, the US Marshall's Service and just about every other law enforcement agency in existence. Also involved because he is friends with the victim is Adam Raiker who is a former FBI agent who left the agency to start his own security firm. When the widow pulls strings to get him into the ...more
Saly
Aug 03, 2011 Saly rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Deadly Sins is Adam's book, the fabled ex-FBI agent and his ex-lover Jaid, and though it worked as a suspense book it dropped the ball on the romance part. The whole Mind-hunter series has been about solid suspense but a little tepid when it comes to the romantic aspect and in this I found the romance negligible.

The whole book was about the task force comprising Jaid, Adam and one more agent working on the DC killings and then wham suddenly out of the blue these two are kissing.

I never felt any
Pamela
Oct 20, 2011 Pamela rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed
I have to say that I was really disappointed with this book. I don't know why though considering the last couple of books in the series were no where as good as the first couple. Too bad. This book was actually boring which really is sad considering I was looking forward to reading more about Adam Raiker. Even the so-called feelings for Jaid were lacking. Nothing sparked between the two. Half-way thru I started skimming the pages as I was getting bored with the mystery. So not exciting.
Tbabe001
Apr 19, 2014 Tbabe001 rated it it was ok
This book was just bland, there is nothing cute about describing the Hero as :he spoke with his ruined voice and try to make it sexy! The female was just bland. All the love scenes were the same for all six books, one scene fits all. The best of the series was book 1, no romance and too much going on, the detective just come off as slow, I figured the bad guy from chapter 1! Wasted time
Lady Heather
Okay.. Now I'm OBSESSED with finishing this series!

I FRIGGEN LOVE ADAM RAIKER!!!

review to come
jenjn79
Aug 16, 2011 jenjn79 rated it liked it
Recommended to jenjn79 by: continuation of a series
This book was pretty much what I expected from Brant's Mindhunters series. No surprises, really...good or bad.

Series Note:
Sixth and last (?) book in Brant's "Mindhunters" series about an independent forensics lap run by ex FBI agent Adam Raiker. I would strongly recommend reading the previous books in this series, or at least the 2 books before this one as there is an overall story arc for the 2nd trilogy in the series.

Summary:
For the past year, someone has wanted Adam Raiker, head of Raiker for
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
Originally posted at http://www.smexybooks.com/2011/08/rev...

Favorite Quote: “Leave it alone. Or so help me, I’ll tell him your afraid of mimes.”

“Freaks of nature,“he muttered. “But I’m not afraid of them.”

Adam Raiker, ex FBI agent and founder of Raiker Forensics, is pulled into a high profile murder investigation when a highly controversial judge and old friend is brutally murdered. Joining him is FBI agent Jaid Marlowe with whom Adam shared a brief but intense love affair with 8 years ago. As
Jen
Sep 08, 2011 Jen rated it liked it
As a life-long fan of CSI-type television shows and the like, finding a book series that satisfies that particular itch for me is a pleasure. Kylie Brant's Mindhunters fills all the requirements: brilliant minds solving heinous crimes along with enough romance to entertain but not so much that it takes the focus away from the plot.

Deadly Sins is a book that I have most certainly been looking forward to as it delves into the mystery that is Adam Raiker, former FBI agent and owner of Raiker Forens
Robin Priddy
Jul 21, 2011 Robin Priddy rated it really liked it
Jaid Marlowe is a single mother and an FBI agent. Eight years ago when she was a rookie agent she took a class for the BAU taught by Adam Raiker. After working a couple of cases with him, their relationship became a personal one. When Adam realizes that Jaid is getting to him in a way no one else ever has, he pushes her away. Adam catches and kills a child serial killer. but in the process he is badly injured. He leaves the FBI and opens his own agency called Raiker Forensics. When a supreme ...more
Anika
Dec 04, 2011 Anika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, if i read this book correctly I think this book might be the last of the series regarding the Mindhunters unless she writes a story about Paulie and Jonsey the only other employees Adam has that has not be hook up/paired with a a mate. I was remembering the reviews when reading this and one that stuck out was that the author did not put that much romance/sex scene in this story which I disagree. I find that this book is like the others, it has a few scenes of romance/sex that I have found ...more
Dren
Jul 29, 2011 Dren rated it it was amazing
Originally posted on Dren's B-Spot

The main characters, Jaid and Adam, worked well together in this story and felt like a complete role-reversal from what you would normally see in romantic suspense novels. Jaid was the FBI agent and Adam was the ex-FBI agent who was damaged. Both physically and emotionally. Typically it's the female who's still dealing with emotional issues and I love how Brant made Jaid stand out from the crowd. She strong, capable and able to hold her own. Don't get me wrong -
Melissa
Jan 08, 2012 Melissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense
Deadly Sins was Adam's book. It was clear the series was building up to his book since he appears in each one and you get these tantalizing little glimpses of him throughout. This was the finale so to speak and I for one was not disappointed. It was more suspense with romantic overtones than romantic suspense but I think that was because this wasn't a case of two people meeting and falling in love. Adam and Jaid have known each other for a decade and worked together for several years. They ...more
drey
Aug 09, 2016 drey rated it really liked it
drey’s thoughts:
I can’t decide if my favorite romance sub-genre is historical romance, contemporary romance, or romantic suspense. Right now romantic suspense is winning, because Deadly Sins is so engrossing and its characters captivating.

The hero and heroine have a history, both professionally and personally. Which means that working together on this case isn’t the easiest thing ever, but then again this is Adam Raiker we’re talking about. Indestructible super-profiler with the heart of stone
Sherri
Mar 07, 2012 Sherri rated it it was amazing
Brant does it again. I didn't read these book in the correct order so I was missing some of the context between some of the extended characters from her other books. This was a great suspense. You've met Adam in the other Mindhunter books. This this book is about him and his relationship with Jaid Marlowe who is a FBI agent and Adams ex-partner and former lover. In Deadly Sins someone has killed a Supreme Court Judge. The FBI, Homeland Security and several other angencies are called to find out ...more
Awilk -never sleeps-
This series has gone down hill to me. I have liked the character of Adam since the series began, and now that I have finally got to his story I find myself slightly disappointed. I am not completely sure what was wrong with this book, but I think it may have been more me than the story. The trouble with series for me is over time my taste changes and I grow out of authors. I really enjoyed the first few of these books, but the last ones have not been as good.
This story could have used a bit more
Oct 20, 2011 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I waited until I read the whole series to comment, and would recommend them all, but it's not totally necessary to understand the characters if you read individually. I would say my favorite was 1 and 6, as the characters and story lines were just a bit crisper. The only problem I had with the series is that the author made the romance too forced in some of the novels. It almost seemed rushed and added purely to assuage those who know her for romance. I think the books had legs enough without ...more
Kjen
Feb 13, 2012 Kjen rated it really liked it
Excellent wrap up to a great series! Loved seeing the emotional side of Raiker, and you just have to admire how Jaid handled him. Loved the progression of the romance and the wrap up of the case. Fair warning, though, the first half of the book reads like a FBI procedural...because it is one at that point...lots of seeming unrelated strings to tug and names to absorb. Loved the explanation of Royce. Totally not what I expected. Really enjoyed this book and the series as a whole.
C
Jan 25, 2012 C rated it liked it
I liked this one better than the others in the series--the mystery was more polished and the romance didn't interfere with the rest of the story. I wasn't sold on the relationship between the main characters, there could have been a lot more development. Overall a decent, entertaining enough story.
Holly (Gladriel Fae)
May 25, 2012 Holly (Gladriel Fae) rated it really liked it
The final book in the series, at least for now, it tied things up nicely with all the characters. The main character in this book was mysterious and reclusive, and remained so throughout the book until the end. Again there was a twist at the end, and a somewhat predictable ending, but all in all a very entertaining and good read.
Justina
Feb 02, 2012 Justina rated it liked it
I was disappointed with this book. I was hoping to learn more about Adam Raiker, but ended up not learning much more than was revealed in the other books.
I do like this series so I'm hoping this isn't the last of the mindhunters! There's still more that can happen, & we're still waiting for Paulie's luck to change! Lol!
Kathy
Aug 12, 2011 Kathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The latest in the Mindhunter series, this was Adam Raiker's founder of the Mindhunter's book and it was excellent. A lot of twists and turns with an ending that was a surprise to me. A wonderful balance of suspense and romance.
Cheryl
Aug 19, 2011 Cheryl rated it really liked it
I love this series, but this one was a little difficult for me to follow. It didnt help that pages 214 through 246 were blank, literally...didnt get printed, and you could not go from 213 to 247 seamlessly. Heres hoping your book is complete.
Sheila
Apr 14, 2013 Sheila rated it it was amazing
Believable story and characters. This can be read as a standalone. Intricate with twists and turns. Had to question myself when I thought I had it.
Kaitlin
Aug 25, 2014 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
It was a pretty good book, but the ending was such a letdown! I enjoyed it so much and then when the killer was revealed I just thought, well that was sort of a cop out.
Nancy
Mar 19, 2012 Nancy rated it it was amazing
loved it. im sad to see the conclusion of this series. i hope she keeps it going.

with all the twists and turns.
Jeremy Goh
Jul 08, 2013 Jeremy Goh rated it it was amazing
A wonderful finale to the Mindhunter's series. Not the best book out of the trilogy of the Deadly series, but a worthy read nonetheless.
Jackie Kleynhans
Jan 22, 2014 Jackie Kleynhans rated it it was ok
Well written and not predictable, but the crime genre is not for me. Time read felt like a million years. If you like the genre, you might find it more entertaining.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Guarding Jess (McCormack Security Agency, #2)
  • Black at Heart (Black CATs, #3)
  • Whisper of Warning (The Glass Sisters, #2)
  • Cold Touch (Extrasensory Agents, #2)
  • One Scream Away (Sheridan, #1)
  • Shades of Temptation (SIG, #2)
  • Make Her Pay (Bullet Catcher, #8)
  • True Vision (True Trilogy #1)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Love You to Death
  • Deadly Lies (Deadly, #3)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
  • Sweet Revenge (Last Chance Rescue, #8)
  • The Departed (FBI Psychics, #2)
The mother of five children, Kylie Brant claims she began writing to save her sanity. Plotting stories became her method of escape from the reality of constant ball games, chauffeuring kids, and refereeing "minor" disagreements between her perfect offspring.

In 1992 she was elated to get a call from Silhouette offering to buy her second novel. Home with laryngitis at the time, she still managed to
More about Kylie Brant...

Mindhunters (8 books)
  • Waking Nightmare (Mindhunters, #1)
  • Waking Evil (Mindhunters, #2)
  • Waking the Dead (Mindhunters, #3)
  • Deadly Intent (Mindhunters, #4)
  • Deadly Dreams (Mindhunters, #5)
  • Secrets of the Dead (Mindhunters, #7)
  • What the Dead Know (The Mindhunters, #8)

“You haven’t become anything,” she whispered. “You’re the same man I fell in love with nearly ten years” 0 likes
“nothing had changed in the years apart.” 0 likes