Start by marking “The Power-Based Life: Realize Your Life's Goals and Dreams by Strengthening Your Body, Mind, and Spirit” as Want to Read:

The two greatest days in our lives are the day we’re bornand the day we realize what we were born for.

Do you know what you were born for? For years Mike Flynt—a college footballplayer turned insurance salesman—certainly didn’t. Then one monumental day hestumbled into what he now believes is the career he was made for and, in turn, thelife he was meant to live.

The Power-Bas
Published December 26th 2010 by Thomas Nelson

To ask other readers questions about The Power-Based Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Power-Based Life

Chris French
Jul 31, 2014 Chris French rated it did not like it
I got this book free from the program from Thomas Nelson Publishers.

Flynt is a personal trainer of sorts for athletes. He’s developed some principles that will help you better tone your body. In The Power Based Life he turns that idea spiritual. He says that you need to:

(1) Play to Your Strengths. Figure out what you’re good at and do it, don’t spend time on things you’re average at. Find your talent and figure out a way to make money at it.

(2) Mindscape: Cultivate a Winning Atti
Shirley Corder
May 09, 2014 Shirley Corder rated it liked it
Shelves: reviewed
I enjoy reading self-improvement books so looked forward to reading this book by Mike Flynt. In his senior year at college, Flynt was expelled for fighting and never got to complete his football career. At the age of 59, he returned to that same college and played his final year of football.

The Power-Based Life was developed out of Mike's desire to help others discover how to become the person God planned for them to be. He encourages his readers to find their talents and figure out how to make
Andrea Estelle
Jan 20, 2011 Andrea Estelle rated it really liked it
The Power –Based Life: Realize Your Life’s Goals and Dreams by Strengthening Your Spirit
By Mike Flynt

Mike Flynt owns the company Powerbase Fitness, LLC. This book focuses on helping people be who God created them to be. He has twelve strategies that make up your “power base” including: play to your strengths, master the essentials, cultivate a winning attitude, see what can be, defy the skeptics, move forward relentlessly, know who you play for, fly your flag, turn your difficulties to your adva
Author Mike Flynt describes a "power base" as the center of personal strength use to meet challenges that, once discovered and maximized, will lead to a more significant, satisfying, and successful life.

We all want to have happy, successful lives. For some of us, it takes longer than others. Flynt himself didn't come into his happy, fulfilled life until the age of 59 years old, when he received national attention for returning to his college alma mater, Sul Ross State University, to play his se
The Power Based Life by Mike Flynt is written to help Christians discover what God created them to be and the work the were designed to do. Learning from his own life, he writes to help the reader "realize your life's goals and dreams by strengthening your body, mind, and spirit. He incorporates 12 strategies to assist the reader including focusing on positive attitudes, believing God for who He is, turning adversities to your advantage, and the benefits of practicing mercy and giving.

His points
Jan 11, 2011 Evelyn rated it really liked it
In this book, Mike Flynt highlights a dozen points for helping you to realize your life goals and dreams.

I admit that because I’m not a football fan, I was initially turned off by the many sports analogies he shares in the book. After reading for awhile, however, I was able to recognize and appreciate the value that it brought to the book. I think the sports talk makes this book especially powerful for sports fans and young adults.

Thought provoking, meaningful, and quite spiritual, this book is
Mar 17, 2011 Cathy rated it really liked it

The Power Based Life by Mike Flynt

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I expected it to be a boring, self-help book with a lot of mumbo-jumbo about how you can attain any goal by just thinking about it. But it wasn't!

It is an engaging read, full of real-life examples. It's well written and keeps your attention. The book is subtitled: Realize your life's goals and dreams by strengthening your body, mind and spirit. Mike Flynt knows a lot about realizing life goals. At age 59, he went back to
John marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Britannia is currently reading it
Mar 07, 2016
Brenda rated it it was ok
Jan 23, 2015
Jamie rated it really liked it
May 03, 2014
Alisha rated it liked it
Feb 04, 2013
Alison rated it it was ok
Sep 23, 2012
Jessica rated it liked it
Aug 25, 2011
Julie marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2012