Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress

Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress (The Takeover #1)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  14 reviews

"I'm having your baby."
With those words, Emma Worth changed Chase Larson's life forever. Having been born on the wrong side of the marriage bed, the millionaire vowed no baby of his would be so cruelly labeled. There was just one thing that might keep him from making Emma his wife: their feuding families.
She'd never dreamed one night with Chase would bind them forever. T...more
Published January 1st 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published December 21st 2010)

Jacqueline
I quite liked this one. The hero is a nice honorable man. The heroine is in no way a wimp. The story is well written and the plot makes sense and is well developed. The emotions of the hero and heroine were believable. I see shades of other books to come but this is not just a big setup for future books. The characters that I suspect might have stories in future books all have a part to play in this one. All in all a very well written story.

Okay this has a short story about the hero's brother Ra...more
Ayana
Honestly, I rarely bother to review or even add Harlequin's books into my reading list (sorry Harlequin!) because I read quite a number of them and almost all of them is pretty short (though I rated some of them here at GR). Hence I didn't add them to my "read" list cause to me they're not a full fledge story or book. How wrong of me. So very very wrong! After reading this one, I realized that none of the Harlequin's published books deserved to treated like that.

This book has about less than 20...more
emberzmars
This book is by far, my top 3 favourite Harlequin/Mills & Boon book. I've read so many stories on accidental pregnancy and the reason I love this book is because both hero (Chase) & heroine (Emma) face the issue without being nasty towards one another. With other books, hero tends to bully heroine into a shotgun marriage. However in this book, Emma doesn't give in to Chase's demands easily.

Both Chase & Emma communicate well whenever a conflict arises. I love the tender moments betwe...more
Mydearloverboy
straight forward, no angst w/ mature (I can't believe I am saying this) h and H (in a harlequin, that's pretty rare!)
Warning: not a virgin h
Overall, 5 stars!
After having a passionate affair weeks ago, Emma Worth and Chase Larson realize they are on opposite sides of a contentious business deal. Worse than that, Emma discovers that she's pregnant. Luckily the heat that originally brought them together is still there. But trying to make their romance last requires something more than overwhelming passion. At the very least, can they get their feuding families to get along.

This was a solid story but there wasn't really that much conflict between the pr...more
Saly
Claimed: The Pregnant Heiress by Day Leclaire, is a typical category. Hero(H) and heroine(h) spent one night together, they meet again at some party where the H's stepbrother is buying h's father company. Sparks are still there, turns out h is preggers. Hero wants to marry her since he was illegitimate, heroine is not sure.
And there it goes.
This is a great story. Doesn't start of with a lot of romance but when Emma and chase realise there's more then attraction between each sparks really fly. Chases brother Rafe starts a war with Emma father and takes over worth company. At the end of the book there's a short story about Rafe. It's a great look at what he was like younger.
Mlleelizabeth
This is a book.

For a full review, please go to:

GoodReads's policies no longer comply with my review policy. Therefore my reviews will be posted at BookLikes going forward. Thank you for following my reviews here. I hope to continue discussing books with you on BookLikes.
Sabrina
A complex and emotional story, I really enjoyed seeing Chase and Emma grow together. Particularly with Emma helping Chase heal some wounds with his father and past. I'd give this a solid 3 Heart Review and say you would enjoy this book and it would be a fast read.
E. R.
This caught my eye due to the author, whom I've read some previous works. Right now, all that I can say is that this story is a good start for the series. I can't wait to read them all!
San
I usually stay away from books that involve babies. This wasn't all that bad. Well, considering she's pregnant and doesn't have the baby during the course of the story...
elstaffe
Continually misread this title as "the Day LeClaire Claimed the Pregnant Heiress", and was disappointed every time to find out that this was not, in fact, the case (or the title).
Ladyacct
I thought this book was funny, sweet, and sexy....a perfect start to a new series in the SD line of harlequin books.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Takeover
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Oreoluwa
Oreoluwa marked it as to-read
Jul 22, 2014
Irmaria
Irmaria marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Chloe
Chloe marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2014
Romii
Romii marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
Amanda
Amanda added it
Jul 11, 2014
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Ale Snape li
Ale Snape li marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2014
Jizzle Joyce
Jizzle Joyce marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Candace Herbst
Candace Herbst marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
  • Have Baby, Need Billionaire
  • His Heir, Her Honor (Rich, Rugged And Royal #3) (Silhouette Desire #2071)
  • Her Little Secret, His Hidden Heir
  • One Night, Two Babies (Silhouette Desire, #1966)
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • In Christofides' Keeping (Modern)
  • Sweet Surrender, Baby Surprise
  • Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • The Secretary's Bossman Bargain
  • Innocent Secretary...Accidentally Pregnant
  • The Arabian Love-Child
Wacky comes naturally to Day Leclaire. It always has. Or maybe she's just a trouble magnet.

Like the time she taught all the kids in her kindergarten class how to lock the bathroom stalls and slide out underneath. Or when she became the first kindergartner in the school's history to get suspended, after starting a glue war to the tune of one carpet, ten emergency haircuts, fifteen shirts, three pa...more
More about Day Leclaire...
Dante's Blackmailed Bride: The Dante Legacy Dante's Stolen Wife Dante's Contract Marriage Dante's Wedding Deception Once Upon a Ghost