Start by marking “Not a Marrying Man” as Want to Read:
Not a Marrying Man

Not a Marrying Man

He doesn't do forever...

British billionaire Warwick Kincaid likes to take risks -- though they don't include marriage and children. Twelve months is his limit when it comes to relationships.

Warwick asks beautiful Australian receptionist Amber Roberts to move into his luxury Sydney penthouse, and she dares to hope he might have changed…. But after they've been together te
Paperback, Harlequin Presents Large Print #2989, 256 pages
Published May 2011 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about Not a Marrying Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not a Marrying Man

Forever Amber by Kathleen WinsorBroken Silence by Annslee UrbanShield of Refuge by Carol StewardBetrayed by Claire RobynsThe Illegitimate Montague by Sarah Mallory
"Amber"
35th out of 36 books — 4 voters
The Unwanted Wife by Natasha AndersBlind Obsession by Lee WilkinsonA Facade to Shatter by Lynn Raye HarrisThe Scorsolini Marriage Bargain by Lucy MonroeRun for Your Love by Lilian Peake
Hero Ignores, Spurns or Ridicules her Love
37th out of 81 books — 19 voters

More lists with this book...

seton
Feb 04, 2011 seton rated it really liked it
Shelves: category
Warwick is a 40 year old British gazillionaire who likes to risk his life doing extreme sports and is a notorious womanizer. Just like his daddy. He's never had a girlfriend last 12 months and he doesnt do marriage or kids, as he tells Australian girl Amber when he asks her to move in with him.

Ten months later, Amber is feeling the death throes of their relationship. Warwick has been neglecting her and is every bit The Bad Boyfriend.

What she doesnt know is that Warwick has been feeling guilty ab
KC
Time flew by while I read this! Despite lacking the high drama, angst and passion that is inherent to the Harlequin Presents line, I still felt the struggles both Amber and Warwick underwent, and definitely believed in their love for each other by the story's end.

What I liked about Amber was how her love for Warwick didn't completely enslave her to him. What I didn't care for as much was her last-minute plan to keep a memento of their relationship. I understood her motivation even if I did thin
RLA
Jun 20, 2011 RLA rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The story begins with diary entries from the female character Amber describing her first meeting with her new boss and her instant attraction to him. Ten months later we discover that Amber and Warwick have been living together since their first date, however while Amber's feelings for Warwick have grown into love, Warwick has distanced himself. Amber discovers she has inherited a home from her beloved Aunt and decides that this is fate as she will now have something to fall back on when their ...more
Carmen
Jun 30, 2012 Carmen rated it it was ok
The HP mistress theme can be really hit and miss and in this case I think the angst or misery, of this type of relationship far outwieghted any underpinnings of romance the book tried to portray.

Synopsis of cover

He doesn’t do for ever… British billionaire Warwick Kincaid likes to take risks – though they don’t include marriage and children. Twelve months is his limit when it comes to relationships. Warwick asks beautiful Sydney receptionist Amber Roberts to move into his luxury penthouse, and s
Caro
May 18, 2015 Caro rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-mnb-s
This was an ok read. I liked the book ok but I really couldn't get into the characters so much. I understood and got them, but I really couldn't connect or get with them. (I guess that's how I'd say that) This was written well and it had a lot of emotions, stubbornness, a little self-growth, and a good ending. Not something I would read again but it was good for passing time or just for something to read. Good Luck
Lavinia Kent
May 07, 2011 Lavinia Kent rated it really liked it
Shelves: hp
Good, but not a favorite. I enjoyed revisiting old characters, but wanted more.

I am also quickly getting tired of the man who uses "illness" as an excuse for everything. I love an ultra alpha man in an HP (as opposed to reality) but this one just didn't quite do it.

If you like HP's it's still a good read.
Dalimar
Nov 11, 2012 Dalimar rated it really liked it
No únicamente se trata de como Warwick le huye al matrimonio si no las razones que lo hacen huir de una relación seria y es debido a creer heredar una condición que a los hombres de su familia les causa demencia.

Pero por mas que huye del amor no puede evitar enamorarse de Amber que la atracción fue instantánea.Para adelantar sin dar mucho "spoiler" les cuento que como una nota bien diferente Amber estaba comprometida con otro novio para casarse.Pero al darse cuenta que deseaba a Warwick dejo al
Marianne
Nov 09, 2013 Marianne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not A Marrying Man is the 19th stand-alone romance novel by Australian author, Miranda Lee. When the boutique hotel where Amber Roberts works is taken over by British billionaire, Warwick Kincaid, she abandons her fiancé, job and family to be with him. But Warwick is a notorious womaniser, and when she has been living with him for ten months, she can tell he is trying to ease out of their relationship. Warwick believes he has a good reason to limit his relationships, but Amber has fallen in ...more
Sally
Jul 22, 2014 Sally rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
Meh. Didn't like this one much. The hero is far too Ultra-Alpha for my taste, and the heroine has less spine than a mackerel fillet. He treats her so incredibly badly and with so little respect at the beginning of the book, and refuses to accept it when she ends the relationship, saying something like 'It's not over until I say so, madam'.

I get that he's Alpha, and that sometimes they don't take no for an answer, but we are usually fairly convinced that the heroine wants him to fight her. In th
Selina --
Dec 08, 2013 Selina -- rated it did not like it
I can't believe I actually bought this book. The female lead was simply too attached to that controlling bastard! I've read books that had men who were a thousand times more controlling but at least the female leads had played a strong roll--which could make you forgive their controlling attitude, however in this novel the female lead didn't have a very strong role at all. I am very disappointed in this book because from the summary, I thought the book would be great.
Melissa Maxwell
Feb 23, 2013 Melissa Maxwell rated it it was amazing
I loved Warwick and Ambers story. Amber leaves her life behind for a man that Gentiles so much passion in her. Warwick does not do long term usually with in a year her as a new mistress and new residence. He is trying to distance himself from Amber but finds it extremely hard unlike the others. I love the development of the story it was well paced. She kind off gave away the ending early but I had predicted it earlier anyway. I love epilogues and she has a mastery of them.
Moran
I was so happy to read about Tara and Max from The Magnate's Mistress , which is one of my fav Miranda Lee's books- I had no idea that they will be part of the story, not a huge part but still it was fun reading about them and their kids.

Warwick and Amber love story was nice but not the best I read from Miranda Lee but still it was a nice quick read.
Nataaaification
Jul 18, 2014 Nataaaification rated it it was ok
In my opinion the book is good to pass the time when you're bored. It has a story ehich is not really interesting. Characters without a real backstory and it has some mistakes. A little sex in there but all in all it's not the book to read if you want a thrilling story that won't let you put the book aside...
Missy
Mar 30, 2014 Missy rated it liked it
A good read. Never understood why people just don't go to a specialist and get confirmation that they have an illness and will die? They just believe what they are told.....what's with that? Not a healthy or realistic approach to life.
Alison
Aug 01, 2014 Alison rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice location - but I found the hero a bit of a bully at times and the heroine's plan to trick him into making her pregnant a little creepy. Not least the genetic problem potentially faced by the hero is glibly tied up at the end.
Tia
Feb 10, 2014 Tia rated it liked it
Hero and heroine get together, hero starts being an ass to heroine. Heroine finds out that hero doesn't want to leave her, he is in love with her but he can't give her a baby due to him having a vasectomy. Heroine and hero have baby, miraculously and live HEA.
Mina
Aug 03, 2014 Mina rated it did not like it
I'm sorry, but I couldn't finish it. The characters are not likable and they make decisions out of the blue that make it impossible to enjoy the story. I read 48% and just couldn't read this any longer.
Florentina
Its been a long time since I read a Mills & Boon book where I didn't predict the ending, yes I knew they were going to end up together because well its a Mills and Boon book but I didn't know how that was going to happen...This would probably be the last one. So I deffinitely recommend.
Ladyacct
Feb 22, 2012 Ladyacct added it
Shelves: shorts
Different from the atypical HP, except the hero being an arrogant so and so. Refreshing change of pace so to speak but worked toward a REALLY quick HEA>
Aswathy
Apr 04, 2013 Aswathy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb book....good flow and sooooo romantic.....loved it!

Couldnt keep it down until I read the last page...
Claire
Claire rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Lily
Lily rated it it was ok
Aug 16, 2012
Rae
Rae rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2016
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2014
Terrakeli
Terrakeli rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Bones
Bones rated it it was ok
Jun 17, 2013
eva
eva rated it really liked it
Jun 26, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it it was amazing
Jul 12, 2012
Andrea Moreno
Apr 15, 2014 Andrea Moreno rated it liked it
☆2.5☆
  • Taming the Last St. Claire (The Scandalous St. Claires #3)
  • The Highest Stakes of All
  • The Wedding Charade
  • Not For Sale
  • Katrakis's Sweet Prize
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)
  • For Duty's Sake (Royal Brides, #9)
  • The Heir from Nowhere
  • The Bride's Awakening
  • A Dark Sicilian Secret
  • In Christofides' Keeping
  • The Devil's Heart
  • Marriage Made on Paper (Forrester, #1)
Miranda Lee was born at Port Macquarie, a popular seaside town on the Mid-North Coast of New South Wales, Australia, and is the youngest of four children. Her father was a country school teacher and brilliant sportsman. Her mother was a talented dressmaker. When Miranda was ten, her father was transferred to Gosford, another coastal town in the countryside, much closer to Sydney. After leaving her ...more
More about Miranda Lee...