Start by marking “Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)” as Want to Read:
Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)

Thirteen Tales of Horror (Point Horror)

3.75 of 5 stars 3.75  ·  rating details  ·  1,117 ratings  ·  57 reviews
You don't really want to read this ...do you? The masters of horror are waiting to take you on a terrifying ride, and there are 13 stops.

Meet the new guy in town, very handsome, very sexy, and very deadly.

Dine on sweet and wonderfully inviting confections - they're good to the last breath.

Learn that some spells can never be broken...

Inside you'll find the works of 13 maste

Paperback, Point Horror, 330 pages
Published December 1992 by Scholastic Children's Books (first published June 19th 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Thirteen Tales of Horror, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thirteen Tales of Horror

The Waitress by Sinclair SmithThirteen Tales of Horror by T. PinesTrick or Treat by Richie Tankersley CusickThe Cheerleader by Caroline B. CooneySpring Break by Barbara Steiner
The Best of Point Horror
2nd out of 23 books — 7 voters
The Girlfriend by R.L. StineBlind Date by R.L. StineThirteen Tales of Horror by T. PinesThe Lifeguard by Richie Tankersley CusickTeacher's Pet by Richie Tankersley Cusick
Point Horror Books I Need
3rd out of 27 books — 3 voters

More lists with this book...

PurplyCookie
Let these horror masters take you and do their worst---with their best:

Collect Call Part I & Part II by Christoper Pike >> About two girls who drive home after a party, except they get into an accident and one of them dies. Then the remaining girl starts receiving messages on her answering machine from the dead girl. Pike's a wizard at chronicling the soft underbelly of the high school social scene. The first part is better, but the second is necessary to completely understand the sto
James
I was reading this book called Thirteen 13 Tales of Horror by 13 Masters of Horror. This book is written by R.L. Stine. This book had thirteen short stories that is good for reading at night and could really get you creep out at night. This book is also a book that will really make you think and hate the endings cause they do not end right. When you reach the end of these short stories it will make you wanna write a better ending to it and have the story keep going on. because as I said earlier ...more
Adriana
Thirteen is a novel comprised of 13 short stories foretelling tales of horror by 13 authors who are masters in this genre. Although there are many themes in this book, one that stands out the most is panicking in the worst case scenarios wont help you.
In these 13 short stories you will read about: calls from dead friends, the disappearance of a girl in a lake, stolen paintings, a new guy in town who actually is a vampire, candy both addicting and deadly, a killer doll, a haunted wax museum, fr
Ja
I had mixed feelings about this book of short stories. Some of them are pretty creepy, something fun to read when your home alone one night, but most just didn't cut it for me. Some were just weird and I'm still trying to figure out what's supposed to be scary about them, and others are laughably stupid. One actually tries to make you scared of deer--DEER. I mean I give the author credit for their effort and creativity, but seriously... I'd have to say that my favorite by far was "collect call" ...more
Erin W
I have had, lodged in my memory (for years!) this story I read around the 8th or 9th grade. I knew it came from a horror anthology, which I later lost, and I have never forgotten the story's satisfying twist ending. I wanted to revisit it, but I couldn't remember the author of the story, nor any identifying information about the anthology except (librarians, groan here) it had a black cover with red writing.

I recently thought of this story again, and I now am a librarian, so I decided to put my
MissLoveReadingBooks
Asking myself why did I re-read this book again? The title should be 5 tales of horror and 8 tales to make you go to sleep.

13 Masters of Horror? I dont think so. I read this book when I was 12, the same time I became a Fear Street and Goosebumps Fanatic. At that time I found the book very scary, the story The Doll always stuck with me. So I decided years later to give the book another read. Half the book was scary the other half I found myself skipping the pages.
Collect Call part 1 & 2: Very
Gina Dickerson
Reading this completely took me back to my teenage years! I devoured lots of Point Horror books when I was a teen. I have read this collection before, and revisiting it was just as entertaining! Great, short stories just perfect for dipping in and out of. I enjoyed the collection.
Weathervane
A collection of scary stories, with varying quality. One which left a memorable impression considered deer with wide black eyes, reminiscent, to me, of alien greys. It also drew a comparison between the rustle of branches on bare trees during the winter with the rasp of a sore throat -- particularly effective to this reader, since the fall is often when I come down with a cold. The atmosphere the author created was strange and fairly original.

The other story with aftertaste concerned a shop, I t
Jessica
I read this book in middle or high school and I STILL think about these stories. Some of the best thrillers I have ever read!
Elena
Does this really deserve four stars? Probably not. But it was just so fun reading these as an adult.
Guillermo
Not that I enjoyed the simple, not-so-complex writing but the read was comforting. It reminded me of better days when I first picked up books to escape reality rather than be reminded of it.

R.L. Stein, of course, being the only author I've read as a kid - his Goosebumps novellas were my introduction to the awesome world of reading - I was reintroduced to familiar names that filled the shelves of my female cousins. Namely, Christopher Pike whose Slumber Party cover always reminded me of a young c
Crystal Kwan
This book was creepy,and action-packed! It gave me shivers in the entire book, a real page turner no matter how terrifying it is, I almost got nightmares as I read it before bed-time. 13 different stories written by 13 famous authors. I could completely imagine the situation in my head (descriptive). It was also very exciting, as there were sudden twists in the story.
Ben Stuart
Dug this one out for Halloween, a good collection of stories from what I remember reading, many years ago! I gave it a re-read today for Halowen and went to R.L.Stine's story-classic M.r Stine.
Mari
I loved this book as a pre teen. I loved that they were short stories and some were really creepy
Tina Olah
From what I remember, this collection was alright, but didn't really contain any standout stories.
Muhammad Danial
just old good scary stuffs for halloween, probably one of my favs
Lauren
I guess this might have been scary when I was young.
Sundeep Supertramp
completed reading it.. took a long time to complete... cause it is pretty boring.. the books starts with something very much boring.. then there are like7 out of 13 stories which really pi*sed me off..
never this i never believe that books could scare ppl.. this proved me wrong.. worth a read... if you are a new to this horror thing in books.. dont expect a lot of horror...
Amy
Thirteen storys of Horror from 13 masters of horror. What's in store for these characters in each of the 13 short storys? This book is sure to give you a good chill to the bone and make you feel close to death; almost though. But come in close your eyes relax and have a little fun. Those sounds you hear is only the beginning
Scarett
I love this book! at first my sister got it for me when she went to the library after that we could not find it again and we searched everywhere, after a year we gave up but then she found it and bought it for my birthday...we started to think it was going to turn into a creepy pasta when we couldn't find the book.
Ying
I've read it so many times and I still enjoy it. An excellent collection of stories from accomplished writers, while these stories didn't have me on the edge of the seat, bristling in fear at the mysterious footsteps in the attic, they were amusing to read. Curl- up- in- your- bed- under- the- covers good read!!! ;D
Nora
This book was kind of scary to me but then again i was trying to imagine that happening and i was freaked out . I learned from this book a lot of different things for example saying that happens a lot which what goes around comes around if you want people to be nice to you you have to be nice to them.
Amy M
I was obsessed with this book after a friend loaned me her copy in the 6th grade. It introduced me to the Scholastic's Point Horror imprint, which lead me to read Christopher Pike, Richie Tankerseley Cusick, R.L. Stine, Diane Hoh, Ellen Emerson White, Caroline B. Cooney, D.E Athkins, A. Bates, and more.
Cyn
The stories weren't that great overall. I think my favorite story was "The Boy Next Door" by Ellen Emerson White. The creepiest one was "Deathflash" by A. Bates. I'm sad to say that C. Pike's short story wasn't as good as I had hoped but that doesn't necessarily mean it was bad, it was just okay.
Madame Jane
Collect Call by C Pike was my favourite. Dedicated To the One I Love, The Boy Next Door, and Lucinda are second faves (excellent twists) . Definitely a book to read if you are interested in teen horror/suspense tales. I really enjoyed it, even though it took me 8 days to finish.
Kiersta Barnes
I read this in elementary school and to this very day I am terrified when I think of the short story about the deer (by Caroline B Cooney). I just ordered this on Amazon in fact to re-read. I don't know if it will hold up now that I am 28, but seriously... those deers were really creepy.
Jennie
I owned a pathetically tattered copy of this book when I was a kid and I absolutely loved it. I finally decided to get rid of it when I had to carry the loose pages around in a Ziploc bag. A great pulp horror novel, especially for younger readers just getting into the genre.
Connie
I got this book on clearance at Half Price Books for only a dollar. I didn't realize that is was YA. It was ok. The scary point of these stories is that seemingly normal, well-adjusted teens are the things to be afraid of. On the other hand, most mom's can tell you that!
Melissa
If you like something scary this book should do the trick. It has 13 different stories in it by 13 different authors. When I read this book it was at night and I still remember one of the stories scaring me. I read it along time ago so I don't remember details.
Sabrina
I loved this book--but i only read christopher pikes collect call 1 & 2. I had no idea who the other authors were and i HATE r l steine, i only got this book bc i love mr pike, his story was amazing and i loved reading it, it was interrsting and full of suspense!
  • Teacher's Pet (Point Horror, #10)
  • Funhouse (Point Horror, #9)
  • Master of Murder
  • The Snowman (Point Horror, #21)
  • Thirteen More Tales of Horror (Point Horror 13's)
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Yearbook
  • The Diary

Point Horror (1 - 10 of 101 books)
  • Blind Date (Point Horror, #1)
  • Twisted (Point Horror, #2)
  • The Lifeguard (Point Horror, #3)
  • Prom Dress
  • My Secret Admirer (Point Horror, #4)
  • The Baby-Sitter (The Baby-Sitter, #1; Point Horror, #5)
  • The Baby-Sitter II (Point Horror, #17)
  • The Babysitter IV
  • Trick or Treat (Point Horror, #6)
  • April Fools (Point Horror, #7)