Start by marking “Strong and Sexy” as Want to Read:
Strong and Sexy

Strong and Sexy (Sky High Air #2)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  1,794 ratings  ·  87 reviews
Starring the wildly seductive heroes Noah, Shayne, and Brody, Jill Shalvis's exhilarating new series features a delectable concoction of sex appeal and adventure. Whether they're up in the air or between the sheets, these hot, hardy pilots know exactly where the action is. . . Blowing It All Sky High

In a family of serious over-achievers, Shayne Mahoney has always been the
Published January 1st 2008 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Strong and Sexy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong and Sexy

Jessi
Dani Peterson is very attracted to Shayne Mahoney. She walks into a party at her mother's house, some place she doesn't normally go to. But this time, she sees an incredibly handsome man and ends up in a closet with him. In a romantic sort of way. Yep. And then calls on his help later when she thinks she witnesses a murder. Then there are people stalking her and bullets. It's a crazy, fast read.

The more I think about this story, the more I have issues (view spoiler)
Patti Korbet
Second entry to the series. I loved Dani - she was a hot mess, but she was tenacious and funny. Shayne was hot, hot, hot and all kinds of sweet and awesome. This one grounded our hero for most of the story, given that there wasn't an adventure away but in their back yard that brought Dani and Shayne together. The twist at the end was obvious when it was revealed (given the breadcrumbs dropped), but I hadn't really thought much about it until it happened. I'm not a mystery reader in general, so I ...more
Michelle
Another re-release from Jill Shalvis that I’m just picking up this time around. Strong and Sexy is the second in the Sky High series and I feel it can be read as a stand-alone but I do suggest going back and starting at the beginning because this series is a lot of fun so far. Shayne and his two best friends own Sky High Airways, catering to chartered trips to the rich and spoiled of LA. During a high class party for one of their valued customers, Shayne meets Dani, the quirky, independent daugh ...more
Alex is The Romance Fox

Book Description: In a family of serious over-achievers, Shayne Mahoney has always been the laid-back, easy-going rebel. But running Sky High Air - a charter airline catering to the rich and famous - is a dream come true, in-flight specials included. Like kissing his client's beautiful, brainy daughter in a coat closet. But before Shayne can say "Fasten Your Seatbelts," Dani claims to witness a murder, gets stalked in her own apartment, and as added bonus, gets them both shot at by a mystery sni
Susan
Very good book. Shayne first saw Dani at a party Sky High was giving for her mother. She was messy, klutzy and adorable according to Shayne, who had never before been attracted to anyone like her. I loved their first kiss in the closet, when they were both blown away by their reactions to each other. When Dani witnessed a murder, then the body disappeared, someone shot at her, then there was another disappearing body, she wasn't sure if she was going crazy or if someone really was out to get her ...more
Carla_Collette
I liked this book, the second in the Sky High Air series, much better than the first. The characters are better developed and the plot makes more sense (although one has to actively suspend disbelief). The story had good romantic tension and enough humor to keep me entertained. A fun escape read.
Brenda Margriet
I started reading JS with the Animal Magnetism books, and really, that was unfair to almost all her other books (except Lucky Harbor, maybe).

I enjoyed S&S, but it lacked a certain something the later books have (experience?) It is a suspense, in that the heroine is in danger, keeps seeing dead bodies that disappear, and the hero has to believe her without real evidence.

I really liked Dani...she's clutzy and fun and smart. Shayne (why the 'y'?) is supposed to be the laid back guy, but he has
Ana Banda
Shayne Mahoney te amo♥
Que belleza de hombre, en el primero era el típico playboy mejor amigo siempre dispuesto a ayudar pero nada mas, me encanto descubrir lo que realmente es & darme cuenta que es precioso.. el hombre que todas quisiéramos tener & que nos amaras así de intensamente.
Dani una lindura, siempre acostumbrada a hacer todo sola&cuando vio que alguien podia ayudarla se asusto. Ame la manera de cuidar de Shayne al final.

Estuvo ligerito respecto a lo del acosador & así, p
Deanna also on Leafmarks because I miss Marco
Not her best. Cute story. I like Shayne despite the unusual spelling. Dani was not fully developed as a complete character. The dialog with her siblings was too short and we readers were lacking in closure. Where were all the bodies? How did the person/s who was toying with Dani get into all the places? The story just needed more for the reader in order to be a good story. Quick fun read but left me still hungry.
Mareli
more 3.5 stars for me.

I like the story, this one has a really loooooong night, maybe 70 pages ;) but I didn't like the heroine so much, too stubborn on her independence and not able to understand what's happening around her.

He was a very likable and strong hero.
Sonia
Mejor que el primero pero sigue siendo muy corto para contener toda la acción y además desarrollar los personajes. Presentación de Brody y Maddy, que casi son lo mejor.
Pattianne
Strong and Sexy - High Sky Air #2 - (Shane and Dani)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)

STRONG AND SEXY is the second book of the Sky High series and is a reprint of one of Shalvis’s older titles. As a fan of Shalvis for awhile now, I actually managed to miss this series when I was gloming through her backlist titles, but I am glad I discovered it. While the Sky High series definitely has the charm and the sexiness that all of Shalvis’s books have, this book is slightly different in that it had a bit of romantic suspense in it. I will say that the suspense gave this book an extra
Gwen
This has been the worst book of all Jill's books that I had read. I got all 3 of this series from the library. I am glad I did not pay for it. #2 strong & sexy was available first so I started with that. I had to skim to get through it. I was going to skip the next 2 but I will skim through them so I can say I have read all all her books. These are badly written fluff characters.
I have seen cute and clumsy done well but this is not Dani as she is written. She cimes across to me as slow and s
Alyssa
i was disappointed with this book. The "person" responsible for all the shit happening was a bit expected and a bit common. come on, i have read a lot of stories with characters like that. i would have preferred if there was someone else responsible like the steps or the bff -i know they're still common but heck, that'd be better-.
there should also be more stories about the families and not just concentrate on how Dani makes a fool of herself. don't get me wrong, i love Dani.

the only thing i li
Cindy
Good read - action plot, fun dialog, quirky characters and strong leads with believable vulnerabilities... You occasionally want to throttle various members of his and her families - they consider her 'crazy' because she's doing what she loves [even if it does involve shoveling elephant poop and giving enemas to camels:] and think he's nothing but a 'taxi driver' [even though he has helped found and maintain a million dollar business:].

The characters from Smart and Sexy are all back in this book
Moran
After reading all 3 books in the Sky High Air series Strong and Sexy is my favorite!

When I started the series I was sure that Brody and Maddie's story, Superb and Sexy, will be my favorite since I was waiting to read about them from the first book, but in the end Shayne and Dani's story was better IMO.

Dani was such a funny heroine and I found myself laughing so many times while reading.

I loved Shayne character and how he really cared about Dani although he tried to fight his feeling toward her.
Marcia
Even though I ended up reading them out of order, really liked this series.
Danni
Borrowed book. Was good... Looking forward to the next one.
Jane
Jill Shalvis books just keep getting better and better when you think they couldn't! Strong and Sexy is about Dani and Shayne. Shayne is alpha co-owner of Sky High Air and Dani is the daughter of an extremely rich mother and who could care less about the money. To prove it she works at a zoo. Both Dani and Shane have built very thick, high walls around there hearts. This is their story about how they broke them down and found there way to each other. I am looking forward to the final book in thi ...more
Jacqueline Palumbo
Wow! This series keeps getting better and better. Hot, steamy, quirky and full of suspense. Shayne, Noah and Brody are my new book boyfriends!
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Book two of the Sky High Air trilogy. Shayne and Dani both have issues to work through before they can accept a happy ending. But the sex is good. If the plot were as good as the sex this book would easily be a four-plus. Obvious villain, plot holes, and weak outside characters (besides those established in the first book and staring in the third) do not help. But yet the characters are likable and for that much is forgiven. I'm looking forward to the last book.
Dee Haddrill
I love Jill Shalvis as a writer!! This is only the second of her books that I've read but I loved it. Shayne is a strong, kind, smart, funny and caring man, but is also really tough and would move heaven and earth to look after his woman... sigh!!!! And Dani is a great heroine too; smart, funny, klutzy and real. This is a great book and I've majorly excited to read the next book about Brody and Maddie - their long-awwaited kiss in this book is very very hot!!!
My favorite of the series. Shayne and Dani were just a hilarious couple. Dani is funny and adorable. The "mystery" of the book is good. Shalvis gives just enough hints at it and enough to keep you guessing. Then, it all comes together and the book really speeds along (this is near the end).
Maddie and Brody's relationship gets more interesting in this one...working its way to the 3rd and final book in the series.
Connie
Jun 13, 2008 Connie rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes a little bit of comedic romance
I really liked this book. I liked how Shayne and Dani are so much alike, and how neither of them wants to admit that they're falling for each other. I really loved seeing a little bit more of Maddie and Brody in this book as well. The bantor between those two is hilarious...lol. I was however disappointed that there wasn't much of Noah and Bailey, but as they've already had their story told I got over it just as quick.
Fedora
Roxie
Well heck, this was FUN, and Shayne was even more hot, I think than Noah. Hmm. But I was surprised we didn't go straight to Maddie and Brody -- those two are teased through both books, so I can't wait to read their story.
Heather Holmes
This is my second Jill Shalvis book. I read these books because they were recommended to me on Goodreads. The first book was ok. Not my favorite, I think it needed a little more substance. The second book still needed substance, but I did like the characters better. I will try the third on in this trilogy, and see how that is. This may be the only books I read of hers.
Polly

Wow, this is book 2 in The Sky High Series and it's every bit as good as book one.
Shayne is the carefree Surfer golden playboy of the partnership his love interest is Dani, both have their share of hang ups. It's fun to watch them find each other during the zany suspense that wraps around the story. Loved it, but I love everything that Jill Shalvis writes.
Amy
I was starting to believe that Dani just might be crazy. She was such a lovable character, she was sweet. a klutz and a total goof. Shayne was a smooth talking playboy with no real interest in relationships. When these two started they both thought it would be one kiss and that turned into more and more. Cannot wait for Brody and Maddie to finally figure it out.
  • Kiss Me, I'm Irish
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed (Mercenary/Goddard Project, #6; Goddard Project, #1)
  • Bungalow Nights (Beach House No. 9, #2)
  • Men of Courage I (Men of Courage, #1)
  • Some Like It Hot (Razor Bay, #2)
  • Kissing Santa Claus (Men of Hawaii #3)
  • Mother, Please!
  • You Don't Know Jack (NY Girlfriends, #2)
  • Bad Boys Do (Donovan Brothers Brewery, #2)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Flirting with Disaster (The DeMarco Family, #3)
  • Born to Be Wilde (Wilde Series, #4)

Look for Jill's latest, ONE IN A MILLION, on shelves and e-readers now, and get all her bestselling, award-winning books wherever romances are sold.

Visit Jill's website fo
More about Jill Shalvis...

Sky High Air (3 books)
  • Smart and Sexy (Sky High Air, #1)
  • Superb and Sexy (Sky High Air, #3)
Simply Irresistible (Lucky Harbor, #1) Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) The Sweetest Thing (Lucky Harbor, #2) Lucky in Love (Lucky Harbor, #4) Forever and a Day (Lucky Harbor, #6)