Start by marking “Fish! Sticks: A Remarkable Way to Adapt to Changing Times and Keep Your Work Fresh” as Want to Read:

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  306 ratings  ·  20 reviews
The 'o-FISH!-al' follow-up to the phenomenal bestselling Fish! and Fish! Tales, Fish! Sticks is a stand-alone business parable that shows you how to come up with a vision for your business and how to keep it alive, vital, and renewed through tough times, such as turnover in management and staff or a troubled economy. Using the example of a hugely successful, fictional sush...more
Published February 1st 2003 by Hyperion (first published January 1st 1900)

To ask other readers questions about Fish! Sticks, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fish! Sticks

Jim
The continuing story. Introduces a few new concepts, however, the narrative and premise of the narrative is a little tough at times. I felt that it was a little condescending and spoke to me as if I was a third grader (nothing against third graders!)

The plus that I saw was the implementation of the concepts into the healthcare setting. Sometimes that can be tough, especially in back office operations.
Kylie
The concepts in the book were relatively helpful, but the format was awful. It was written in a childish way that I found cringe-inducing. The "story" was so fundamentally lacking in anything of interest that I felt my time was being wasted, despite the potentially useful concepts.

Lundin seemed to take his cues from the success of books like Who Moved My Cheese and the like, but his execution was dreadful. While Who Moved My Cheese used simplistic, nonthreatening language for a purpose, it seeme...more
Scott Hayden
Easy read, but with pithy moments. Applicable in all kinds of organizations. It's tempting in a parable like this to say, "Oh yeah, I get it," then put it down and forget. Slow down and take notes ocassionally.

A key word is "IT". IT = Your piece of your organization's mission.

FIND IT
LIVE IT
COACH IT - Carve time for conversations. Strange as it may seem amidst the clamour of professional development programs begging for your money - the most powerful organizational development method is sustaine...more
Lesley
This is my second FISH! book in a little over a week. I think I liked Fish for Life a little better. Things I took away from this book in particular were the importance of having a vision, and having conversations about work. Early in the book, I enjoyed the way the book presented the principles in story (i.e. parable) form, but by the end of the book I wished I could've learned about real life examples of FISH! being incorporated into the workplace.
Jill Hardy
Quick read. I like that the information was written in a story, and I was really connected to the characters. They felt very real-clearly parts of them were. The ideas of making change stick was thoughtful. Now I really need to go back and read Fish and Fish Tales.
Rusty
The problem with change programs is that they usually have short lives before we go back to old habits. This short book tells us to involve the group into their own change program they can live and teach so it is an internal change.
Richard Stephenson
I liked it.

Anecdotal-style lessons can be useful - and this one is a decent addition to the work / team motivation bookshelf. I'm a bit "Blanchard-esque"-ed out right now so this book really started to drag for me.
Captain Curmudgeon
Lame self-help book for organizations. Little weird, too. Strong fictive element. You can feel the real problems being ducked (e.g. What if you boss is *really* an -------, not just pretending to be one?).
Apr 23, 2011 Jennifer rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who strive to stay positive in times of low morale within a work environment
Shelves: re-reading
a refreshing reminder of how to maintain the momentum of positive changes in the work environment. Someone please pass this on to the leadership at my agency.
Kirsten
Was asked to read this for work. It started off a little slow but picked up and turned out to be a quick and informative read.
Tracey
Good book, motivating, simple ideas that can go far to make your work environment positive
Windy
Really like this series. The books are good, but the whole program is really good.
Joe O'c
Excellent; story of how to make change "stick" in the FISH philosophy
Wilton314
Another great read, following on from Fish! and Fish! Tales.
Kriszti
This book was utter rubbish and poorly written drivel.
Angie Bitz
Again a great book in the series of working in an office.
Kamlevikram
tooooo boring i will recommend not to read,,,,,
Mitchelle
Jun 24, 2009 Mitchelle is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
something that is worth reading... lot of helpful tips on how to survive on the world of work : )
Pooneh
Pooneh marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2014
Marwan Tarek
Marwan Tarek marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
  • Whale Done!: The Power of Positive Relationships
  • Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You--At Work And In Life
  • The Fred Factor: How passion in your work and life can turn the ordinary into the extraordinary
  • HBR's 10 Must Reads on Leadership (with featured article �What Makes an Effective Executive,� by Peter F. Drucker)
  • The Oz Principle: Getting Results through Individual and Organizational Accountability
  • Dave Ramsey's Complete Guide to Money: The Handbook of Financial Peace University
  • The Truth about Leadership: The No-Fads, Heart-Of-The-Matter Facts You Need to Know
  • The 3rd Alternative: Solving Life's Most Difficult Problems
  • Vital Friends: The People You Can�t Afford to Live Without
  • The Four Obsessions of an Extraordinary Executive: A Leadership Fable
  • Be Our Guest: Perfecting the art of customer service
  • Our Iceberg Is Melting: Changing and Succeeding Under Any Conditions
  • StandOut: The Groundbreaking New Strengths Assessment from the Leader of the Strengths Revolution
Fish!: A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results Fish! Tales: Real-Life Stories to Help You Transform Your Workplace and Your Life Fish! For Life: A Remarkable Way to Achieve Your Dreams Fish!: Omnibus Top Performer: A Bold Approach to Sales and Service