Start by marking “Siren Song” as Want to Read:
Siren Song

Siren Song (Mythica #4)

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  55 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
When Chloe Karras sings, she knows that no one can resist her sensual allure--except for the sexy naval officer seemingly immune to her voice. But Captain Alex Shore is just the man she wants to take home after her performance--until he tells her what she thought were imagined powers are real...and dangerous.

Alexandros knows firsthand how seductive sirens are, as well as t
Published January 1st 2011 by Harlequin Nocturne

To ask other readers questions about Siren Song, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Siren Song

Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Saucy rocker puts the moves on an unsuspecting man on a mission. Chloe Karrashas has the charms that knock most men off their feet but for straight-laced Alexandros “Alex” Shore, he’s infallible. Self-appointed defender of the cause, Alex is out to save the world. Can the teachings from another time help him find the one thing that could destroy him or could the trust he holds be the saving grace for what he’s longing for?

A tale wrapped in a land of magical places, splendid wonder and calming b
Melissa
Apr 21, 2011 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was completely cute! It completely mess with you in the beginning. I found it toying with my emotions. I got annoyed at the crazy way Alex was in the beginning, and by the end I wanted to marry him! The characters are well developed. It’s plot and writing style flows well through out the story. This book made me smile, laugh, blush, and left me wanting more. I NEED to read the next one! If your into a little murder mystery mixed into your Paranormal Romance, I suggest you grab this boo ...more
Tishia (Paperback Opinion)
Siren Song is a novella about a rock star named Chloe. She knows that she seems to have some sort of power – when she sings, men are willing to do anything for her. She just doesn't know that she's a siren until a man named Alexandros comes along. He is the only man that doesn't fall under her spell. He gets the wrong impression of Chloe, and tries to get her to leave town.

I really wasn't a fan of either of these characters at first. Chloe just seemed a little stuck on herself. She would prance
Becky Wilson
Dec 21, 2010 Becky Wilson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, Stephanie Draven proves to be a siren in the sea of romance literature. This time, Siren's Song takes us through a whirlpool of characterization, intrigue, action, lust, desire and, of course a romance of salvation of kindred souls.

And it's too damned short.

This short story bursts with character development, and you want to know more. More backstories, more scenes getting our protagonists together. And that would be my one criticism about this story. I want more of it. Does that count
Usako
The opening to this novel drew me in as seductively as the siren's song. I loved the premise and the descriptions which brought together a very visually rich story. However, somewhere in the middle the path went horribly wrong which I suspect is more due to the page limitations -- I think this book could have blossomed much better as a full length novel than a novella. There was much more to the story which could be played out but even I admit it would have been difficult to cram everything in w ...more
Lynn Rush
Sep 16, 2011 Lynn Rush rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I usually don't read novellas. They normally don't go as deep as full-length novels can take them. And I love deep, complicated, and intriguing characters. Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised how much depth Chloe had. In such a short time I was drawn in to her life. I was cheering for her sooner than I'd expected!

I enjoyed the creative twists on mythology. It kept me hooked on the story and I read it in one sitting.

Alexandros was an interesting hero. Tormented. Just how I like them. *ev
Coral
Aug 09, 2011 Coral rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Siren Song a nice, quick read with an interesting world that I want to learn more about. I liked Chloe as a main character. Her frustration with how to get over her troubled past really worked, and I found the interaction between her and Alexandros funny and interesting.

I enjoyed the story, but it didn't seem quite complete to me. I felt like it needed a bit more development on what exactly these characters are. There was a lot of hinting at more behind the curtain, but not very much displaying
Krystal
Nov 09, 2011 Krystal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be fun to read and a great read for a long commute or when one is at the beach. The cover, if anything, should draw potential readers in! The heroine was exactly as a heroine should be, not too whiny or bossy. The hero will have the reader imagining he/she is in the heroine's place. Their love will appear genuine.

The plot was interesting, fast-paced, and should keep the reader on his/her toes. The events went by very quickly, this book will be a fast-read-likely finished in
Anna
Jul 29, 2011 Anna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Chloe Karras is a siren and loves nothing more than to sing with her band. When Alex Shore meets her, he knows exactly what she is. While her voice doesn't affect him like it would others, he is still very much attracted to her.

Sexy read! I loved the rock n roll feel of this book. Siren Song is a fast, fun, hot little read. This is my second time reading a book from this series. Being a lover of Greek Mythology, I'm really loving it so far. Ms. Draven has done another great job of weaving mythol
Viohlet
This was lame and irritating.

I found the heroine's overt sexuality distasteful and the hero was a manhandling ass. At no stage was their attraction or love believable and in fact the novella itself was very surface and shallow. It didn't feel like anything; it was just going through the motions.

Sophia was too easy to suspect and the overall feel of the novella was rushed and annoying.

Not recommended. 1.5/5
Jeannie Lin
Dec 10, 2011 Jeannie Lin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As with all Stephanie Draven stories, Siren Song interweaves fascinating elements of Greek mythology in a unique, modern, and intelligent way with the harsh realities of warfare and trauma. I especially liked the twist in this one where the hero was an innately magical being and the heroine was war-forged. This series contains some of the best paranormal romance shorts/novellas I've encountered.
Sue
Nov 01, 2011 Sue rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really thought this book was a bit short. I would of loved to learn a bit more about the two main characters & what happened after they got togeter. Maybe there can be another book in the future. I found the characters to be very interesting. This book was a nice surprise. I found them to be very believable. i thought the author did a great job at bringing the whole story together.
Lira
Dec 22, 2010 Lira rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-erotica
Siren's Song
Aug 10, 2011 Siren's Song rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

If you like Mythological characters with a hint of romance, this is the book for you. I honestly could not put this book down. Chloe grabbed a hold of me and wouldn't let go until the end.

Annika
May 13, 2016 Annika rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Expected so much more, to be honest. I was alright with what was already presented. I just wish there was more. It's also kind of a cliffhanger. I wanted to see what happened with the other siren.
luiloth
Jan 28, 2011 luiloth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very unusual love story between very unique characters.
Jenn
Jan 15, 2012 Jenn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: keep-in-library
Short and steamy!
Mikayla
Mikayla marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Kyara
Kyara is currently reading it
Jul 28, 2016
Kim Dela
Kim Dela marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2016
Ricardo
Ricardo marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2016
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Alysha
Alysha marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Tracie Curtis
Tracie Curtis marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2016
Rita
Rita marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2016
Kayla Stump
Kayla Stump marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Lauryn
Lauryn marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2016
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Vampire in Her Mysts
  • Tempt Me
  • Undertow (Building Sanctuary, #2)
  • Halo Hunter (Of Angels and Demons #0.5)
  • A Vampire's Vindication  (Vampire, #3)
  • Lipstick on his Collar
  • Turkish Delights (1Night Stand, #54; Turkish Delights, #1)
  • Glimmer (Nina Decker #1)
  • The Last Detail
  • Courage of the Wolf (Draicon Werewolves, #8)
  • Warrior's Rise (Warriors For Light, #1)
  • Raven's Kiss (Raven Grace, #1)
  • Whirlpool (Forces of Nature, #2)
  • Love Lust (Vegas ParaRealm, #1)
  • The Shifters of 2040 (Shifter Evolutions, #3)
  • Motor City Wolf (Urban Arcana, #3)
  • The Fallen Queen (The House of Arkhangel'sk, #1)
  • A Clockwork Christmas
Stephanie Draven is currently a denizen of Baltimore, that city of ravens and purple night skies. She lives there with her favorite nocturnal creatures–three scheming cats and a deliciously wicked husband. And when she is not busy with dark domestic rituals, she writes her books.

Stephanie has always been a storyteller. In elementary school, she channeled Scheherazade, weaving a series of stories t
More about Stephanie Draven...

Mythica (6 books)
  • Midnight Medusa (Mythica #1)
  • Wild, Tethered, Bound (Mythica #2)
  • Poisoned Kisses (Mythica #3)
  • Dark Sins and Desert Sands (Mythica #5)
  • The Fever and The Fury (Mythica #6)