Start by marking “Cyanide and Happiness” as Want to Read:
Cyanide and Happiness

Cyanide and Happiness (Cyanide and Happiness #1)

4.22  ·  Rating Details ·  3,153 Ratings  ·  107 Reviews
Introducing the first real, tangible, ignitable collection of the hit online comic Cyanide & Happiness, featuring a selection of your favorite comics and thirty brand-new strips.

From the minds of Kris, Rob, Matt, and Dave comes a barrage of irreverent entertainment sure to keep you amused until the day you die. Just see what their mothers have to say!

"Dave is a nice, y
Published January 4th 2011 by HarperCollins e-books (first published November 2nd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Cyanide and Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cyanide and Happiness

Stephen
TEN wholly inappropriate examples demonstrating why Cyanide & Happiness is tasteless, cleverly offensive, and always often some pretty funny shit:
  Photobucket
A nice intro that sets the stage nicely. I call this one “Birth of a Serial Killer” as this is just the kind of honest parental communication that scars children and helps develop that newsworthy, “let’s go slaughter the diners at a McDonald’s” worldview.

Photobucket
Zombie hygiene…c’mon, what’s not to love.

Photobucket
A classic example of the damage that miscommunic
Audrey-anne
I don't know why I bought this.
Tosca Wijns-Van Eeden
Oct 06, 2016 Tosca Wijns-Van Eeden rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
Loved it!
Miss Ryoko
Dec 24, 2011 Miss Ryoko rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-book, humor
Haha! These comics are spectacular! I am only familiar with one Cyanide and Happiness comic (prior to this) so I was looking forward to reading the book of comic compilations. They were great! I will definitely read the next one!

Here are some of my favorites from this collection:

I don't know what it is about a banana peeing on someone that is so hilarious!

This one is hysterical!

I laughed for about 10 days straight after reading these three:

Aaron
Mar 23, 2010 Aaron rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must say, this book... Pretty damn good. The book jumps into different stories and yes, this book is 81% offensive to women (Yes don't stomp on me please.) Ah this has the be the first book that Kris, Dave, Matt, and Rob actually made since they had a site called "Explosm" which they have been working since 04'-Present and the book is based off there work such as the running on gag "Happy Easter Zombie Jeaus!" and 20 new comics "Too hot for the internet" that are usually based of cancer jokes, ...more
Nomes
Nov 08, 2013 Nomes rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Some of these comics are great, but some of them are just plain horrific. I am sorry, I can't laugh at things that joke about and promote rape culture, or make fun of people with disabilities - So I will have to miss out on the few amusing jokes that occur within the series because so much of the rest of it just promotes everything that is wrong with the world.
Nura
Nov 18, 2014 Nura rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't like the violence, but sometimes it's quite funny (in my place, it's five minutes rules: you can eat it if five minutes hasn't passed)

Kayla Eklund
Feb 21, 2014 Kayla Eklund rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: got-at-book-sale
I loved this. I've liked the web comic since high school. The inly reason I'm giving this four stars is because I expected the never before seen comics to be better and edgier.
Katie Pagan
Oct 10, 2011 Katie Pagan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny-books
Adorable, broadly delineated little characters. Gruesome, highly disturbing situations. Some of the darkest humor out there. Need I say more? I loved it!
PK Reeves
Hmmm I guess it's for the Jack Ass generation... see review Aisle B http://aisleb.tumblr.com/post/4226557...
Christian
This book is comic gold. It will keep you laughing and make you want to share it with anyone who will give you the time to listen
Jakub
Mar 18, 2015 Jakub rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Srandy kopec :D
Princesskhym
Jul 14, 2014 Princesskhym rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book made my entire night!
Christopher Higdon
Great book for a bathroom reader or just to pass time.
Alejandro
Feb 23, 2017 Alejandro rated it it was ok
I found this book out of mere casualty, I've been following Explosm for a few months now and I find their videos quite funny, but "funny" is quite subjective and personality-dependent. But I have to say that I didn't feel this book as funny, having some difficulty to even chuckle at times.
The formatting is not the best for a comic-like book, which damages the experience overall.
I guess all this may be justifiable given the publication date and that this is their first book.
ThrashTank
I expected hilarious and impertinent humor. I smirked maybe thrice, guffawed not even once. Terrible.
Jill
Dec 26, 2016 Jill rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think they've written some even funnier C&H comics since this set came out, but these are still pretty funny.
Samantha
Mar 16, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh, goody. These comics are crass and - as others mentioned - pretty disturbing (the one with the kick to the stomach had me pause for a bit...), and most of the time so ridiculous (as in, how did they even think of that?) - that I couldn't help but laugh.

It's definitely not for those who are easily offended, but definitely is for those who can enjoy some dark humor. It produced quite some snorts and giggles on my part. Oh, and I really like the simplicity of the cover. So, yeah, good one Kris&a
Mark Robison
Oct 18, 2015 Mark Robison rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Really hated this one. Cartoon strips featuring stick figures who do unexpectedly offensive, often violent, things. The problem is it’s filled with old jokes and bad puns and they often aim their attacks at those with less power rather than those with more. Consider two typical strips. One shows a woman asking a man when he’s finally going to fix a leaky pipe, she suggests duct tape and he says it’s worth a shot and puts it over her mouth. Another strip shows a guy talking to a girl on a couch a ...more
Anna
Now that was a perfect beginning to the day. Ever since I discovered 9GAG I've been a big fan of rage comics but I had never heard of Cyanide and Happiness before, but I must say, some of their stuff is really funny! My favorite was this one:

Photobucket

And that's just because I fucking love superheroes.
Nickie
Aug 05, 2014 Nickie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august-2014-2015
I found Cyanide and Happiness through Facebook. And realized that stick figures are funny shit. This book was published approximately a decade before I got my hands on it. What I learned was that I appreciate most of the comics, but generally have one comedian that I can't stand his sense of humor. These days I would imagine that they post all their comics online and I could go to their website instead of to the library.
Anetq
Jun 15, 2015 Anetq rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novel
I like death & cancer-jokes as much as the next person, but I was disappointed. Just not that funny when the only point is "you've got cancer, HAHA" Inappropriate, sure, but alas not in a really funny way. Maybe one needs to laugh uncontrollably due to the inappropriateness of it all - so maybe I'm just not PC enough? Oh and women only appear for sexist jokes. Sorry, not amused by those. Jesus as a zombie, yeah sure, kinda fun, but not hilarious...
Ogreart Art
Apr 15, 2010 Ogreart Art rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor, cartoons
This book was like a train wreck--I wasn't sure I wanted to read them all, but I could not make myself look away. I read them with a sort of horrid fascination. It is weird to see cute, cute, cute characters but into so many gruesome situations. This is for those out there with a definitely skewed sense of humor; if you are easily offended, pass this one up.
Hannah Reed
I've always been a big fan of comic strips, and this one is fantastic because it seems like it'll just be a bunch of funny comics but honestly some of them got quite dark (the stillbirth one was my favourite). It's a great book to read if you need a pick-me-up, and a great coffee table book as long as you don't have kids around.
Peacegal
Sep 06, 2010 Peacegal rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Christian
Oct 11, 2010 Christian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this book fast paced and very entertaining, it kept me going till the late hours of the night. Reading many of these comics on the original site I still found great interest in re reading all the various comics. Showing many of my friends these comics always made me the life of the party. I would have to be careful though as this book is very controversial and hits some major topics.
Michael
Sep 18, 2013 Michael rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
These artists are just wrong on so many levels. But if shocking gore and insane ideas interest you, this book keeps them coming in a way that made me literally bend over in pain laughing so hard. As with any book of this type, there are going to be things in here that will offend you. I guarantee it. But I think that is the price of pushing so hard against the envelope of humor.
Steve
Oct 13, 2010 Steve rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny, comics
A terrible, hilarious comic by a group of friends. I don't like all their jokes, but enough stick to make it worth a read. It's nice to have these in a book, rather than via a hundred clicks of a website.
Frank
May 27, 2013 Frank rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic-strip, humor
Collection of early strips from one of my favorite webcomics. Early is the key here as you can see them trying to fine tune the tone. Still good stuff.

Also of note: got this as an ebook from the library. Wasn't expecting that.
  • xkcd: volume 0
  • Save Yourself, Mammal!: A Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal Collection
  • 5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth and Other Useful Guides
  • The Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack
  • Toothpaste for Dinner
  • Penny Arcade Volume 7: Be Good, Little Puppy
  • Simon's Cat (Simon's Cat, #1)
  • Questionable Content, Vol. 1
  • The Book of Bunny Suicides
  • You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News
  • A Softer World: Truth and Beauty Bombs
  • Oglaf Book One
  • Cat vs Human
  • The Internet is a Playground
  • Nightfall (Stargate Atlantis, #10)
  • The Sandman: Overture #6
  • People of Walmart: Shop and Awe
  • The Little World of Liz Climo

Cyanide and Happiness (6 books)
  • Cyanide and Happiness Vol. 2: Ice Cream & Sadness