Start by marking “A Very Marley Christmas” as Want to Read:
A Very Marley Christmas

A Very Marley Christmas (Marley Picture Books)

3.78 of 5 stars 3.78  ·  rating details  ·  244 ratings  ·  33 reviews
With all the excitement of Christmas approaching, it's no surprise that Marley, the lovable pup with a nose for trouble, wants to get in on the action. Anticipating his very first snowfall and Santa's arrival, Marley jumps in to help his family every way he can. But Marley, being Marley, always ends up on the wrong side of right. It's not long before he tears down the twin ...more
Audio, 0 pages
Published September 30th 2008 by HarperCollins (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about A Very Marley Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Very Marley Christmas

Mary
This book didn't strike a very positive chord with me - there was a lot of "no" and "bad" thrown around in the book, and disappointment leading up to Christmas. I felt that this detracted from the holiday the book was supposed to be highlighting. The text was long and small on the page - perhaps it would be best for a family with a very young dog who has yet to learn the rules of behavior.
Margaret
We do not have any physical pets at this point in our life, so when not visiting the grandparents and their plethora of felines we entertain ourselves with books of entertainment and pets such as Marley. He's the type of dog that you're glad to spend some time with, and then even more delighted when he goes home, elsewhere. Marley is inquisitive and almost always in trouble and with his first experiences of Christmas and then snow each page is fun, giggle-worthy entertainment.

If you enjoy Marle
Heather
This gets an "ok" from me and a "liked it" from the kids. I thought it was sort of cute and a little funny, but not really necessary and one we could have skipped. The kids thought it was funny and liked to see all the crazy things the dog did. The two littlest boys (ages 5 and 3) especially loved it.

I didn't get the feeling the family loved the dog and they had mostly harsh words (or actions) for him most of the book. And it just drives me crazy to see such an ill-mannered dog. I've seen too m
J F
Illustrations very bright and exuberant -- just like Marley -- but the text is a bit long. Not a 'classic-in-the-making' but, still, a fun, seasonal read for dog-lovers
Marley wants to make his first Christmas perfect for his family. But the puppy seems to always make more trouble. Cute picture book. Beautiful Art work.
Katie Casey
I love being able to introduce one of my favorite dog-characters to the kids in this fun book and the Halloween one!
Kim Hampton
A cute book for kids who love dogs, or for adults who loved "Marley & Me."
Maria
What I Can Tell You: We love Marley here. My kids find him very sweet and funny. They want a dog just like Marley. I think as a Christmas book the books are adorable. It is sweet to think of how a dog would perceive all the changes the holidays bring in most households. My kids thought it was very funny and I have seen my son read it alone a few times as my daughter looks on.

We like big kids books. Lap books where I can read to both at the same time and it fits in "our" laps. Makes it easier fo
Christy
With all the excitement of Christmas approaching, it's no surprise that Marley, the lovable pup with a nose for trouble, wants to get in on the action. Anticipating his very first snowfall and Santa's arrival, Marley jumps in to help his family every way he can. But Marley, being Marley, always ends up on the wrong side of right. It's not long before he tears down the twin.
Alex
While this story isn't as endearing as John Groan's first Marley children's story, Bad Dog, Marley!, this is a very sweet story about a crazy dog and his family as they prepare for Marley's first Christmas. The story is engaging and the illustrations are bright and fairly realistic, and my four year old loves reading about the exploits of Marley.
Jackie
from the text: "But Marley, being Marley, always ended up on the wrong side of right." Everyone's favorite wild child puppy experiences Christmas for the first time--can he help it if he didn't understand what the tree in the living room was for (among other mishaps)? Humorous illustrations by Richard Caudrey are the icing on the cake.
Tntexas
a fun story about a puppy's first Christmas - although I must also say that Baby Louie is apparently a very gifted artist!
Bree
Notes:
cute pictures make me want to like this but all the 'bad dog' comments throughout leave me feeling ill
Dayna
I never read any of the other Marley books. This was just ok. Fun for the holidays. Colorful illustrations.
Linda
Dec 03, 2008 Linda rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Linda by: ChCPL
Shelves: chcpl
A quick and entertaining read. The book is capitalizing on the success of Grogan's Marley books.
Lisa
Another favorite for my kids! It was a lot of fun to read at Christmas and all year through!
Zack
Meh; another Christmas picture book by someone famous for something else.
Emely
Just got this in at work and it's really good. Very sweet Christmas story.
Al
Lol, I noticed this was in my bookshelf and I never read it before today....
Nicole
We love Marley! Reminds us a bit too much of our Bad Dog Chelsea.
Krista
definitely not as good as the original, Bad Dog Marley
Renee Martin
Evan said this only gets half of a star.
Lisa
Dec 05, 2013 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
it about christmas and marley mess up christmas.
Serena
Another wonderful children's book.
Karen
A fun book that children will enjoy.
Jackee
We love the Marley books at our house!
Jen
Very cute! My kids loved this one.
Shezz
Such a fun book to read.
Colette
  • A Pirate's Night Before Christmas
  • Room for a Little One: A Christmas Tale
  • Laundry Day
  • Song of the Stars: A Christmas Story
John Grogan's first book, Marley & Me, is a number one international bestseller soon to be released as a major motion picture. His second book is The Longest Trip Home. John lives in Pennsylvania with his wife, Jenny, and their three children.
More about John Grogan...

Marley Picture Books (5 books)
  • Bad Dog, Marley!
  • Marley Goes to School
  • Marley and the Kittens
  • Trick or Treat, Marley!
Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog Marley: A Dog Like No Other: A Special Adaptation for Young Readers The Longest Trip Home: A Memoir Bad Dogs Have More Fun: Selected Writings on Family, Animals, and Life from The Philadelphia Inquirer Bad Dog, Marley!