Start by marking “Blood Covenant” as Want to Read:
Blood Covenant

Blood Covenant (Mission Hope #2)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  66 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Paige Ryan and Nick Gilbert are trapped in an overpopulated African refugee camp where an outbreak of measles erupts and renegade soldiers block their only way out. Desperate for vaccines, they must put their own lives in the hands of God as they fight for the safety of the refugees under their protection.
Published January 1st 2011 by Zondervan (first published December 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Blood Covenant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blood Covenant

Shirley Corder
This is a book I wish I'd written. Author Lisa Harris is herself a missionary who lives in Mozambique. She knows the people, the culture, and what is happening behind the scenes.

In Blood Covenant, she uses her main characters of Dr. Paige Ryan and Nick Gilbert to tell the story of life in and around a refugee camp in the heart of Africa. As I read of the horrors and the terror brought about by the so-called Ghost Soldiers, I could only wonder how people can live in situations like that and remai
Sometimes I think people have a very romanticized version of what being an overseas missionary, volunteer, or humanitarian worker is really like. Lisa Harris is a missionary living in Mozambique herself, so she has firsthand experience and knowledge of what it’s like over there. In Blood Covenant she gives you a glimpse of what it’s really like through the eyes of Dr. Paige Ryan (who works with Volunteers of Hope International in the Republic of Dhambizao).

With her wonderful insight, Lisa Harri
"Blood Covenant" is a fast-paced Christian thriller with some romance. It's the second novel in the series, but the lead characters have changed. However, reading this novel first will spoil some major events in "Blood Ransom," so I'd recommend reading that excellent novel first.

I think this novel will appeal to both men and women. The story was set in a fictional third-world Africa country with a corrupt government. It focused mostly on the perils of life in a refuge camp which were made worse
Author: Lisa Harris
Publisher: Zondervan
February 2011
ISBN: 978-0-310-31906-1
Genre: Inspirational/suspense

Fighting has erupted between government forces and Ghost Soldiers in the Republic of Dhambizao. With thousands murdered, Dr. Paige Ryan, Nick Gilbert, and others want to help rescue survivors and take them to a refugee transit site. As the team pilot, Nick needs to fly workers and supplies in and out of the area.

But the refugee camp is experiencing overcrowding, raids and
Paul Goble
Dr. Paige Ryan joins other American aid workers at a refugee camp in the fictional African Republic of Dhambizao. Rebel forces cut the camp off from aid and kidnap American tourists. Ryan and the other characters must reexamine their motivations and come up with a way to protect both themselves and the refugees they care for.

As with Blood Ransom, the first book in the series, the plot is engaging and broken into short, readable chapters. Descriptions of the horrors of war and famine are watered
Lydia (Overweight Bookshelf)
First reviewed here: http://overweight-bookshelf.blogspot....

Blood Covenant is an intellectual, adventurous suspense that is ripped from the headlines of the political climate in contemporary Africa. This story is equally relevant to the modern globally aware reader as well as the reader who wishes to learn more about a world they have had little exposure to.

Lisa Harris places a magnifying glass on a reality that the world unfortunately forgets is a daily occurrence in order to combat the "out
Sandy Duke
Yes, yes, yes! Short easy to read chapters packed with LOTS of action and adventure with a little romance thrown in, too. Warning though, this book may cause some to wrestle with guilt for overlooking/ignoring the plight of the needy in war-torn areas of the world. On the other hand, maybe it will move some to take action!
3.5 stars. Blood Covenant was an action filled book until the end. Although it was a great story I never felt I had a chance to breathe. Intense from beginning to end, but a very interesting read.
Leah Good
Dr. Paige Ryan is going back to the states in a few days and she's looking forward to it. She struggles with all the suffering she can't fix in the DR and wants to get away from it. God has other plans for her. Rebel soldiers are causing havoc in the country but the government is suppressing information. People need Dr. Ryan's help. With the aid of pilot Nick Gilbert, Paige tries to make the best of an impossible situation at a refugee camps, but things keep getting worse. Being American used to ...more
Rebecca H
This is an awesome book. This is not the first book in the series but it made sense to me and I had never read the other books. It took me a little while to get into this book. But once you get into it there is no putting it down. It isn't your typical Christian romance. Sure it has some romance but it is also about survival and realizing that you can't run from your past forever. I would recommend this book to anyone. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I honestly didn't have very high hopes for this book. Start was a little slow. That being said, I really enjoyed it. The story was interesting and the characters were real. I am still not sure how I feel about the fact that the whole book, minus the first and last chapters, takes place in the span of about a week. Good read though.
This book really made me think about how my life is really not bad or hard. The people in this story were 1,000 times worse off then I am. There were some true emotions reflected in this story. I did cry while reading one part because it was so unjust. I will seek out this author again in the future.
Second book in the series, only a slight overlap in characters. Different setting, different challenges. An enlightening, fictionalized look that makes me consider the real events of the world, considering what is happening in Libya right now.
Deanna Hansen
Author Lisa Harris lives in Mozambique and paints a picture of hope amidst the death and brutality in Africa. Even though this is a work of fiction, she writes of people hurting and exploited and needing a message of hope.
I really enjoyed the series. this book is filled with adventure and surprises. This is a really good book and I highly recommend it
Dec 28, 2011 PWRL marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-new
Olivia marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Danielle marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2015
Amberly Reilly
Amberly Reilly marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Kaylene marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
Jen marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
Katie marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Kristina Hammock
Kristina Hammock marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Marlenna Jae
Marlenna Jae marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2015
Wendy marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Yuliya marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2015
Julie is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
BIO: Award-winning author of nineteen novels and novellas, Lisa Harris lives with her husband and their three children in Mozambique, Africa, where they work as missionaries.

When she’s not busy writing or home schooling, she loves traveling, cooking different ethnic foods, and photographing animals and birds in the African bush. Visit her website at and her blog at
More about Lisa Harris...

Mission Hope (2 books)