Start by marking “Princess of Park Avenue” as Want to Read:
Princess of Park Avenue

Princess of Park Avenue

3.1 of 5 stars 3.10  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  16 reviews
You can take the girl out of Brooklyn, but can you take Brooklyn out of the girl?

Lorraine Machuchi has held on tight to her Brooklyn home, and to Tommy, the neighborhood guy she's been pining over for years. But the very guy she tossed everything away for just told her he'll never wind up with her--a girl who's not going anywhere.

That's the kick in the pants she needs...more
Published December 6th 2005 by Berkley Trade

To ask other readers questions about Princess of Park Avenue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Princess of Park Avenue

Samantha Janning
Daniella Brodsky is on tour with CLP Blog Tours and her re-launch of Princess of Park Avenue. This story follows Brooklyn girl Lorraine Machuchi and her climb to be somebody. As opportunities seem to just fall in her lap, Lorraine suddenly finds herself in Manhattan, staying for free in a posh apartment, coloring hair for the elite, and buying designer clothes. But can you ever really take the Brooklyn out of the girl? The biggest downfall letting Lorraine truly embrace her new life is Tommy. To...more
Lisa (Lost in Literature)
Hmmm... where do I begin? Sometimes a book just isn't your taste... and I guess Princess of Park Avenue was one of those books for me. I found myself speed reading through most of it, and even skipping a few parts at times, because I felt that it was much too long and dragged on quite frequently. I just couldn't get into the characters and the plot, and was often wondering if I had missed something because I just wasn't following the storyline.

I think my main problem with the book, and the reaso...more
Lori
The above synopsis reads like a great little chick lit book, the premise sounds fun and the cover is great, isn't it? I wanted to like Princess of Park Avenue and I can't say I disliked it but something just didn't click for me and it left me with mixed feelings.

I found myself reading quickly through parts, as well as having to reread certain sections, because the book seemed to feel a bit lethargic. There were sections that left me questioning why they were included as they seemed to slow the...more
Although this book took me a while to get through, It was through no fault of its own. This book was actually right up my alley, and was probably one of my favorite chick-lit books i've read in a long time. I could relate to Lorianne (the main character) because i'm almost done with hairdressing school right now, and have big dreams for my future, similar to what she had for herself.

Lorianne's romantic situation, although fustrating at times, was relatable, everyone has either gone through or k...more
Emily
Lorraine Machuchi has a talent for hair dying, but works for uncle and though she challenges him, she doesn't challenge the quo. She still hangs out in the same places as she has since basically high school. With mostly the same people and is still waiting for Tommy the boy she has been on and off with for ears, who continues to play games with her. But, she tells herself that she is happy with her Brooklyn life.

After a day in Manhattan with opportunities opening up around her. She is training a...more
Laura Kay Bolin

Lorraine Machuchi is a twenty eight year old Brooklyn girl who still lives at home with her mom, dad and brother. She works for her Uncle Carlo and the Do Wop Shop for Hair as a colorist. She and her bosom buddy, Chrissy are still hanging out at the same places they did in high school even though they are 28 years old. Lorraine knows things will change when her long term on-again-off-again boyfriend Tommy marries her. The only problem is Tommy seems to be...more
Amy
Lorraine is too busy obsessing over Tommy and has turned down many opportunites including a scholarship. Tommy then decides to give up on Lorraine because she is not going anywhere with her life. Lorraine then takes a job coloring hair in Manhattan at a very swanky salon. She soon discovers her inner beauty and questions why it took her so long to move past Tommy. This fun chick lit is a wonderful story of following your dreams and taking control over her life that she never imagined she could.
Katie
I really, really enjoyed Brodsky's book Diary of Working Girl and was so excited about Park Avenue Princess anticipating more of her laugh out loud surprises.... instead, I found an okay read, characters I sort of cared about, and a completely expected plot. Aside from the one twist, which was so ridiculous, it didn't even count.
Annice22
I was fooled by the cover. I thought the book would be an interesting fun read but instead it was drab and boring.

I could not even finish reading this, the main character was just so pathetic, annoying and uninteresting. The story was also not very interesting.
Randi
Jul 28, 2010 Randi rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Randi by: Zoe
It took me a while to get going on this book, but once I did, I enjoyed it. Not an author I am going to run out and buy, but entertaining all the same. Some parts tended to drag on a bit while others went so fast that they seemed very far-fetched.
Kathryn
If you've ever wanted to live on Park Ave. but not pay for it, feel free to live vicariously through this book.
Rosemary
It took me a bit to warm up to the main character, but as I got more into the book, I liked it more and more.
Cori
This was really cute. It's about a hairdresser and makes me want to get highlights.
Betty Bell
It took a while to get into this book but the story finally developed.
Karmun
the story is boring and i dont know how to get through till the end.
Eli
Frothy, but not annoying.
Karen
Karen added it
Jun 03, 2014
Annika Squires
Annika Squires marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
Alex
Alex marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
Mirrhya
Mirrhya marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2014
Corrinha
Corrinha marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Jen
Jen added it
Jan 23, 2014
Daniella C
Daniella C marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2014
Lydia
Lydia added it
Dec 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Q&A with Dani...: Welcome! 1 3 Jan 29, 2012 11:55PM
Daniella Brodsky was born in Queens, New York and always loved to write stories. She never thought she could do it for a living until one day she decided, well WHY NOT? The rest, as they say, is history (okay it was a lot of work and feeling horribly inadequate and surviving off of Ramen noodles and free drinks, too, but it sounds so much better that way). She lived in New York City for 11 years,...more
More about Daniella Brodsky...
Diary of a Working Girl One Trick Pony The Velvet Rope Diaries Vivian Rising Fear of Driving