Start by marking “The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received: Priceless Wisdom from Warren Buffett, Jim Cramer, Suze Orman, Steve Forbes, and Dozens of Other Top Financial Experts” as Want to Read:

3.31 of 5 stars 3.31  ·  rating details  ·  146 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Wouldn't you like to sit in a room and ask the following people for their investment advice?

-John C. Bogle (Founder, Vanguard Group)
-Warren Buffett (CEO of Berkshire Hathaway)
-Bill Gross (Founder and CIO, PIMCO)
-Susan Ivey (CEO, ReynoldsAmerican Inc.)
-A.G. Lafley (Chairman, Procter & Gamble)
-Georgette Mosbacher (CEO, Borghese Cosmetics)
-John Myers (CEO, GE Asset Manage
Published November 22nd 2006 by Business Plus (first published November 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best Investment Advice I Ever Received

Luke
A great investment primer. Many books you read will just try to tell you how to divide your money between different kinds of mutual funds; this book looks at a much wider spectrum. The 'experts' in the book offer advice that is at times clearly contradictory to each other's; as a reader I felt free to pick up the advice that resonated with me and develop my investment strategy.

Recommended before a dive into stocks, bonds, mutual funds, CDs - if you read this book you will really know your option
Erik
The library didn't have the book I wanted, so I picked this one out on a whim. All the book consists of is sixty or so essays by successful investors and businessmen passing along pithy words of investing wisdom. Some of the advice is common knowledge, such as the importance of diversification, keeping some money in cash for a rainy day, and that if an investment seems too good to be true, it probably is. But there is some inspired advice in there. I took several pages of notes while reading the ...more
Aubrey
I've recently been thinking a lot about investing: how to start, the true definition of the terms we hear, and just generally what I should be doing now, while I'm young, to prepare myself financially for my future. I had been doing some research but was really wanting to just hear people talk casually about the topic. Did you ever have that experience in college? Where you sat through lecture for an hour and felt like you got nothing from it, only to step into the professor's office for five mi ...more
Don Weidinger
only buy stock with money you can afford to lose, check filed records looking for value, buy when fear, save, diversify, manage risk, to benefit people, no emotions, simple transparent fundamentals, what is brand purpose everything changing, 50% of something not 100% of nothing, fear shame anger selling is harder than buying.
Lori (Lara Britt) Sailiata
Terrific primer. A sampler of investment advice from industry experts. I found a trove of gems to take to heart as well as some strutting and puffery...but even those were educational.
Jillian Marie
The basic advice is good, and nicely varied, but, a lot of it is severely outdated. Have to admit, totally skipped the chapter by the guy from Countrywide!
Alesia Nicole
great advice but if you follow any of these investors its much of the same advice they have already offered up!
Greg
Interesting advice from many successful investors, but considering the date it was written makes you wonder how many would have said something different if it had been written post-market crash.

Being a beginning investor, I probably need to continue to follow the advice given by many of the experts to purchase an index fund instead of individual stocks.

Not necessarily a good book for a beginner such as myself as I'm sure the advice would make much more sense to somebody who was familiar with th
Gabe
Chock full of experts contradicting each other.
David
I'd classify this closer to interesting than I would invaluable. Nobody is going to learn how to invest from this book, but the all-star collection of advice will give you reinforcement of a few truths, perhaps none more repeated than "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." I'm an investing novice at best, but I can't say there was one statement that stood out as revelation. I'd guess that readers will find little if anything new here, just validation.
Kay
There is some great general advice in this book, but so much of it focuses on the stock market that it gets a bit annoying after a while if you're not interested in investing in the stock market. I noticed that while some of the experts contradicted each other, a lot of them tended to say the same things as well, so that was interesting. I'm glad I read this book but it's not my favourite financial advice book.
Mohammed Belyamani
Good and concise book... give the redundancy of the concept a good taste to see different items clearly. Diversity, quality stocks, and long terms are the main values to keep in mind while you are building your background and experience in the world of investment.
Jeff Carpenter
Although this book is a little dated, it still contains some good information. Although the economy is nowhere near as good as it was when this book was written, the principles discussed in this book could still apply today.
Susanna
Read this book three times and absolutely love it. A great personal finance book. Highly recommended.
Alana
"Never underestimate the importance of financial literacy" Stephen P Zeldes p. 212
Deb Holden
Nothing but common sense. Short but not much substance.
Kelly Zaleski
Kelly Zaleski marked it as to-read
Aug 24, 2015
Joe
Joe is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2015
Will Wittler
Will Wittler marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Mara Viola
Mara Viola is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Automatic Wealth: The Six Steps to Financial Independence
  • The Way to Wealth
  • The Future for Investors: Why the Tried and the True Triumph Over the Bold and the New
  • The Road to Wealth: A Comprehensive Guide to Your Money
  • The Elements of Investing
  • How to Make Money in Stocks: A Winning System in Good Times or Bad
  • The Diamond Cutter: The Buddha On Managing Your Business And Your Life
  • Your Money and Your Brain
  • Rule #1: The Simple Strategy for Successful Investing in Only 15 Minutes a Week!
  • The Investment Answer
  • The Investor's Manifesto: Preparing for Prosperity, Armageddon, and Everything in Between
  • Bad Money: Reckless Finance, Failed Politics, and the Global Crisis of American Capitalism
  • Common Sense on Mutual Funds: New Imperatives for the Intelligent Investor
  • Why Smart People Make Big Money Mistakes And How To Correct Them: Lessons From The New Science Of Behavioral Economics
  • Power Trip: From Oil Wells to Solar Cells---Our Ride to the Renewable Future
  • Leadership Lessons of Jesus
  • Capitalism 4.0: Economics, Politics, and Markets After the Crisis
  • Inside Drucker's Brain
Billion Dollar Green: Profit from the Eco Revolution Billion Dollar Green: Profit from the Eco Revolution Break Down Your Money: How to Get Beyond the Noise to Profit in the Markets