Start by marking “Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)” as Want to Read:
Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars, #4)

Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars #4)

4.08  ·  Rating Details  ·  47,039 Ratings  ·  1,716 Reviews
Five best friends once shared everything - even their deepest, darkest secrets. Back then for Aria, Spencer, Hanna, and Emily it was a dream come true - until Alison, the most beautiful of them all, suddenly vanished. Now someone named A has turned their charmed lives into a living nightmare.
Published November 1st 2010 by Atom (first published May 1st 2008)

May
Mar 30, 2016 May rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: estantería
Sigue en la línea de Shepard. Lo leí muy rápido.

A ver si el siguiente mejora un poquito!
Kate ♡
Sep 27, 2015 Kate ♡ rated it liked it
Actual rating: 3.5/5 stars

This book was much better than the last two, it was thrilling, and kept me wondering what was going to happen next (even though I basically knew, because of the TV show)

The plot that this particular instalment is entered around was one of my favourite episodes, so that was really enjoyable!

I also feel like towards the end of this book, the characters started to become less annoying! Hallelujah, haha.

Going to take a break from this series now, and start back up again l
Madeleine
Jun 13, 2010 Madeleine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit-faves
Geraldine O'Hagan
Oct 15, 2012 Geraldine O'Hagan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Amy
Aug 07, 2012 Amy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: teen-books
I have decided not to read anymore of these until the last one is published. I just want to know "who done it" without having to read all of the HS drama. I really liked this series at first, but once I got to the third book, all of the drama got old and started to annoy me. Of course, I am WAY past my teenage years; I'm sure that has something to do with it. ;)
Crystal Starr Light
"There's a lot you can't tell about people, looking in from the outside"

After the explosive events of the last book, a LOT is happening. Emily has a one way ticket to Iowa. Aria is still homeless, waiting in the hospital with her ex-friend, Hanna, as Hanna struggles in a coma. And Spencer is shaken by what she did to her sister. The girls just wait; will Hanna remember who "A" is? Will they ever be free of "A"'s grip?

I came roaring into this one straight off Book 3. I just had to find out what h
Kim
Aug 16, 2010 Kim rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I saw it coming. Who A. is I mean. I guess I did and I guess I didn't. Oh yeah, I'm such a wiz with words, I just blow your minds, don't I. (Hey, it's Monday morning, go easy on me)

I added a lot of drama in my reactions while I was reading this, since I think these books bring out my inner queen.

I'm very curious about what will happen next. Like deadly curious. *grins*

Silly little story I want to add: I was reading this on the train and some girl was trying to explain drugs to so
Trisha W.
Sep 23, 2009 Trisha W. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, read2009
Hanna is still in a coma in the beginning of the book and when she wakes up she can't remember anything about her accident or remember who "A" is. Her best friend ends up being someone bad and her mom tells her that she got a job in another sate and leaves Hanna the option to move with her, or move in with her dad and his fiance and her evil stepsister.
Aria who is my favorite in the series is dumped by Sean when he finds out she was with her teacher, Ezra. Ezra ends up getting fired and moving a
Berit
Sylwia
Jun 05, 2016 Sylwia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another great sequel and the conclusion to the first arc of this story. I really enjoyed it but I also think that it's a great place to stop with the series.
Gaby
Aug 24, 2015 Gaby rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book four in the Pretty Little Liars series

Mona is dead. Wow. I had a suspicion she might be lying about the notes, but never did I think she'd run Hanna over because she "knew too much".

And the turns get curvier and the twists get heavier.

I can't stand Hanna. No matter how much I try to like her, she's always aggravating. She tries to be perfect, but no one is. Spencer could tell her a bit about that. And Emily drives me nuts. She's always crying and expecting everyone to hurt her. Even Maya.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Mystery
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Love Triangle, but it's more revenge than love!
Cliff Hanger: Slight.

Series Congruity: 10/10
Total: 8/10

In Depth

Best Part:
A is getting even more involved and shit is hitting the fan big time!
Worst Part: (view spoiler)
Overall Fee
Tiny Pants
Dec 27, 2008 Tiny Pants rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, WOW. This book literally had my heart pounding out of my chest so hard I considered putting it down... then realized I, of course, totally couldn't. Needless to say, all that adrenaline is probably going to keep me up for hours tonight. I know I wasn't as wild about the third book, but this one was incredible. Every time you think you've figured out what's going on, you learn something else and have to completely reevaluate. And while the last book was sort of all details of the entropy of ...more
Johnzel Babijes
I thought I knew what to expect; Unbelievable is the fourth book in Shepard’s Pretty Little Liars series, following Pretty Little Liars, Flawless, and Perfect. Shepard has a talent for making the series flow together seamlessly. Shepard has talent, period. While each book so far has read like a chapter in the overall series, I keep finding myself satisfied at the end. Don’t mistake me—I still want LOTS more, the who dunnit, the whys, and the hows… But I’ve read some series where their versions o ...more
Cait
Nov 05, 2015 Cait rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the amount of secrets revealed in this installment, it is easily the most boring of the series so far. How is that possible? I don't know.

The entire book felt like one long rehash of what has already happened. I know that's needed in series, most do it either within a few chapters or lightly sprinkled through out the whole book. But this book...it was the entire thing. Until the last 10 chapters or so, the whole thing was "Previously on Supernatural--" if you know what I mean.

So. Meh. Disapp
Isabella
Jun 18, 2015 Isabella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015, mystery
Claire
Jul 21, 2013 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
Loads of fun, but the long-anticipated conclusion didn't contain the mind-bending twist I was waiting for after so many little twists and red herrings and reveals in the long buildup.
Morgan F
I think this one might be my favorite in the series so far. It just seemed more suspenseful and "action packed" than the other ones. Despite the many annoyances, I couldn't put this book down.

As for the identity of A and Ali's (supposed) killer, I would like to be all smart and say I knew who they were all along, but I honestly didn't. There were enough red herrings along the way that had me guessing the whole way.

But as for the girls, I just can't get over their life styles. I find the books
Janelle Dazzlepants
Tatiana
Jun 18, 2009 Tatiana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shonda
Jan 24, 2009 Shonda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2009
Unbelievable picks up where Perfect left off: moments after Hanna's accident. While her friends and family pace the hospital's waiting room to learn Hanna's fate, "A" continues to threaten each girl. Emily is sent to live with her cousins after her parents learn she kissed the new girl, Maya. Little does Emily (or her parents) know that her cousins aren't so innocent and have issues of their own. Meanwhile, Aria is trying to cope with her parents' imminent divorce. Just recently broken up with h ...more
Kandes
Sep 19, 2011 Kandes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I think it's hard to rate individual books in a series, especially a long one like PLL, but I honestly believe that each book is great and the only one I'd say maybe wasn't a full 5 stars like I rated it, was probaby book 1, just cuz it was a little bit boring.

But this book is amazing! It's actually starting to get a little deeper and the characters are stating to have more depth to them as well.

I like the fact that with each book, I keep trying to figure out which girl is my favorite and I re
Sarah Bautista
Jan 24, 2012 Sarah Bautista rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Four girls; Hanna, Spencer, Aria and Emily are still being haunted by an unknown person named "A". In the Pretty Little Liars series, by Sarah Shepard each of these characters have a deep dark secret that they cannot let out. Spencer is rewarded for plagorizing her sisters senior year essay, because she was too lazy to write her own. Emily is sent to a strict aunts farm because of the secret that her mom didn't like. Aria is kept from her forbidden love, as"A" threats to tell her parents and it ...more
Isabelle
Oct 05, 2011 Isabelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes when I would have trouble in school or maybe with sports I would have to stay strong, and keep on going through with it. Just like in the book, everyone has trouble with things, but you just have to keep on going through with it and keep your head up during tough times. In Unbelievable written by Sara Shepard, the four main characters, Spencer, Aria, Hanna, and Emily all face the same problems and are really struggling, just like what happens to people in real life. This problem that h ...more
Mae
Nov 17, 2010 Mae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is truly breathtaking. In fact all of the pretty little liars books really capture me. These books are perfect if you are in the mood for a murder mystery and you are tired of having all the boys as the hero and/or villan or victim. These books are perfect for any girl who likes to be under a good book spell. They're quick reads if you love them and even though my busy schedule gives barely any time to read, I still found a way to fit in these great books. These books aren't what you t ...more
Mafi
Mar 18, 2012 Mafi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pt, read-marathon
Sara Shepard...obrigada por me viciares em PLL! Estás perdoada pelo mauzinho The Lying Game.

Doces e Vingativas é bombástico! E é sem dúvida o meu livro favorito pois é finalmente neste livro que a identidade de 'A' é revelada! A sério, adrenalina é que não falta no livro, onde muitos segredos são revelados e muitas confusões são resolvidas. Mas vamos por partes.

Quanto à identidade da 'A' não é quem eu pensava que era, tinha quase a certeza que era Melissa mas pelos vistos não. Já no final do 3º
Rachel Lightwood

I wasn't a huge fan of this edition. After the last addition to the series - Perfect - I thought the books were getting better but yeah, they're obviously not if this is an indication. There wasn't anything definitively wrong with this but it was nothing special. In fact, it was pretty dull. There was no climax and it was just too boring for me to get into.

I also have to add that some of the MCs are really getting on my nerves. I'm not a fan of Hanna, and Emily's constant mood swings a
Tania Hanu
Mar 18, 2016 Tania Hanu rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK. It wasn't so surprising because I suspected everybody of being -A.
Like all the other books it was a fast enjoyable read and I really can't wait to read the next book.Hope it will not get boring because there are a lot of books in this series ugh
I will give it 4.5 stars because it did not shock me like I was expecting.
Ahmad Sharabiani
Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars #4), Sara Shepard
Jessica
Oct 08, 2015 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
YA lovers <3: Unbelievable 1 3 Jul 07, 2014 11:36PM
Pretty little liars 1 14 Jan 24, 2014 11:59AM
Crazy for Young A...: Unbelievable (Pretty Little Liars #4) by Sara Shephard → Start Date: October 17, 2013 31 20 Oct 19, 2013 08:31AM
Aiossa's 14/15 Se...: Amanda Nadler #2 1 5 Oct 17, 2012 05:59AM
PRETTY LITTLE LIA...: Unbelievable 1 1 Sep 04, 2012 11:50PM
Sara Shepard Book...: Opinions on Unbelievable 1 6 Aug 05, 2012 01:23PM
  • Pretty Little Liars (TV Series)
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
  • Boys "R" Us (The Clique, #11)
  • Reckless (It Girl, #3)
Sara Shepard graduated from NYU and has an MFA from Brooklyn College. She currently lives in Tucson, Arizona. Sara's Pretty Little Liars novels were inspired by her upbringing in Philadelphia's Main Line.
More about Sara Shepard...

Pretty Little Liars (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars, #1)
  • Flawless (Pretty Little Liars, #2)
  • Perfect (Pretty Little Liars, #3)
  • Wicked (Pretty Little Liars, #5)
  • Killer (Pretty Little Liars, #6)
  • Heartless (Pretty Little Liars, #7)
  • Wanted (Pretty Little Liars, #8)
  • Twisted (Pretty Little Liars, #9)
  • Ruthless (Pretty Little Liars, #10)
  • Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)

“Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the naughtiest of them all?” 336 likes