Start by marking “Health Care You Can Live With: Discover Wholeness in Body and Spirit” as Want to Read:
Health Care You Can Live With: Discover Wholeness in Body and Spirit

Health Care You Can Live With: Discover Wholeness in Body and Spirit

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  9 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Health care is much more than X-rays and pills—and Health Care You Can Live With shows the close relationship between your physical health and your spiritual well-being.
Published January 1st 2011 by Barbour Books (first published December 18th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Health Care You Can Live With, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Health Care You Can Live With

Linda
I have to admit that I expected this book to be more about the state of our healthcare system today and how to fix it. I was in for a wonderfully huge surprise!

Dr. Morris speaks about faith-based health care, more specifically about Church Health Center Wellness in Memphis, Tennessee, as an example of how health care can and does work. That health care does not and will not work through the government.

Dr. Morris makes health care personal. You are to decide your own preventive health care. He ex
Abbie Riddle
Dr Scott Morris is the founder of the Church Health Center in Memphis, TN. Dissatisfied with the quality of health care offered, Dr. Morris set out to set a new standard of health care. He chose to approach health care through the eyes of the Great Physician - seeing not only the symptoms but looking into the cause of these things. He set out to change health care one patient at a time by investing in that person as an individual creation of God, valued by God, and loved beyond measure. By addre ...more
Norma
Dr. Scott Morris has created a Godly fix for our health care system that is in desperate need of an overhaul. In today's troubled times, there are way too many without insurance. Unfortunately, I am now one of those thousands of uninsured. And due to prior medical conditions, I am not eligible to get insurance on my own. Not only that but financial reasons also prevent me from getting insurance.

It is only when we as a Christian community come together to help each other out, will everyone's situ
Chandler Pritchett
A very helpful introduction to the work I am doing as a scholar at the Church Health Center.
Doug
Dr Morris is an MD and a United Methodist minister. Having a foot in both camps he is well equipped to write about holistic health. Many stories from his practice at a clinic for the poor in Memphis fill out the details in this book. An exposition on a passage from Colossians 3:12-14 forms the middle third of the texts. He concludes with offering a method for improving the reader's health. Despite the recent angry rhetoric over health care recently this book should have broad appeal.
Edward Craven
Health and wellness is more than seeing a physician. This book discusses seven aspects of a healthy lifestyle that could revolutionize health care in the United States. Dr. Morris has applied the seven aspects of a healthy lifestyle discussed in this book at the Church Health Center in Memphis, Tennessee, which provides health care to the working poor. Dr. Morris founded the Church Health Center.
TJ
Mar 17, 2011 TJ rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: ministry
Not quite what I expected. Helpful ideas. Not well written though and a tad trite
Tpop Rocks
Tpop Rocks is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
J
J marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
Apr 26, 2015
Barbara J
Barbara J marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2014
John
John added it
May 18, 2013
Jackie
Jackie is currently reading it
Jul 27, 2012
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2012
Kristina F
Kristina F marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2012
Tiffani
Tiffani marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2011
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2011
Waiting for April 40 Days to Better Living--Optimal Health God, Health, and Happiness: Discover Wholeness in Body and Spirit 40 Days to Better Living--Depression How to Read a Map(oop)