Start by marking “Darkage” as Want to Read:
Darkage

Darkage

DarkAge is a mature, fantasy fiction, podcast novel where Sword and Sorcery meets Medieval Fantasy.

A group of friends playing a fantasy role-playing game, DarkAge, become trapped inside the game as their characters. Many of their past gaming decisions will come back to haunt them. They must battle wizards, demons, knights, giants, and the undead but find their most deadly
Published November 4th 2010 by White Wolf Press, LLC (first published October 8th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Darkage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darkage

Erin
Jun 15, 2012 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book only gets three stars, but if I had it to do again I would still read this book. I liked the plot most of the time and didn't feel like I was reading a re-write of a plot I'd read a million times before. However, there are definitely things that could have/should have been done differently.

The Beginning - I had a hard time getting into this book right away because I've never played a role playing game so I couldn't picture exactly what was going on.

The Middle - it had some good actio
Sift Book Reviews
To put it simply, I didn’t enjoy the book however I would read anything else the author wrote in a heartbeat. The characters were unique, the dialogue was clever, and overall it was well written but I just couldn’t become engrossed in the original gaming premise (and as such was left dissatisfied with the ending).

To see the entire review: http://siftbookreviews.blogspot.com/2...

Review by: Erica of Sift Book Reviews
Sift Book Reviews received a free copy for review from the author. This has, in no
David Watson
Dec 10, 2012 David Watson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book, lots of action and all the characters we're a lot of fun. I liked the idea of a Role playing game becoming real and the watching the characters turn into the characters they created for the game.

I did have some unanswered questions about this book but its such a fun read that I would still recommend it and want to read the sequel if there ever is one.
Sonia
Dec 25, 2011 Sonia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book was ok, but would have benefited from some editing. There were a number of places where the paragraph suddenly didn't make sense. I think it would also have worked better if the characters had either been referred to by their real world or DarkAge names, rather than just randomly cycling between them. I also found the ending disappointing, with no real outcome.
Paul Steele
Jul 18, 2012 Paul Steele rated it it was ok
Shelves: fantasy
Almost didn't get to the better parts. Even then I wouldn't call it great. Very slow to get started and quite juvenile throughout. Disappointing because the idea had such possibility. I really wanted to like this oone but it just didn't happen.
James Batchelor
Jun 05, 2011 James Batchelor rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting (if unoriginal) idea let down by unfulfilled promises, a chaotically meandering plot and unnecessarily immature characters.
Melissa Odo
Melissa Odo rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2013
Gurvish
Gurvish rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2012
Erica Woolridge
Erica Woolridge rated it it was ok
May 14, 2011
Quinn Shay
Quinn Shay rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2010
Hilary (HilyBee)
Hilary (HilyBee) rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2015
Jeni
Jeni rated it it was ok
Mar 22, 2012
James Woolbright
James Woolbright rated it it was amazing
Nov 14, 2014
Regina
Regina rated it did not like it
May 11, 2012
Stefano
Stefano rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2016
Kathleen Townsend
Kathleen Townsend rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2014
Kirk Warrington
Mar 28, 2013 Kirk Warrington rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christine Gaskins
Christine Gaskins rated it liked it
Sep 28, 2012
Anna Zollinger
Anna Zollinger rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2012
Paul
Paul rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2014
Rebekah Colvin
Rebekah Colvin rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Emerian Rich
Emerian Rich rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2011
George Kwiatkowski
George Kwiatkowski rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2013
Karen
Karen rated it really liked it
May 31, 2011
Kirk Warrington
Kirk Warrington rated it it was amazing
May 07, 2011
Travis
Travis rated it it was ok
May 27, 2014
Samuel Thornton
Samuel Thornton rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Ken
Ken rated it did not like it
Jan 24, 2012
Rick Myers
Rick Myers rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2012