Start by marking “A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals, #2)” as Want to Read:
A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals, #2)

A Pony for Keeps (Pony Pals #2)

3.74 of 5 stars 3.74  ·  rating details  ·  729 ratings  ·  26 reviews
Anna will lose her pony, Acorn, if her grades don't improve. The Pony Pals help each other in school and train their ponies to jump, canter, and follow instructions.
Paperback, First Scholastic Printing, 90 pages
Published January 1st 1995 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about A Pony for Keeps, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pony for Keeps

Black Beauty by Anna SewellThe Black Stallion by Walter FarleyKing of the Wind by Marguerite HenryMisty of Chincoteague by Marguerite HenryComing Home by Lauren Brooke
Horse Lover's Literature
117th out of 422 books — 127 voters
The Dyslexic Advantage by Brock L. EideOvercoming Dyslexia by Sally E. ShaywitzDyslexia by Carolina FrohlichPercy Jackson and the Olympians Boxed Set by Rick RiordanSecret Life of a Dyslexic Child by Robert  Frank
Best Dyslexia Books
26th out of 36 books — 38 voters

More lists with this book...

Rosa Cline

It is a chapter book and book 2 of the "Pony Pals" series. My now grown daughter LOVED these books as a child (she begin to read them when she was about 8) and read all of the ones in the series. I found her copy of many of them and decided to try and read them to see what they were like.

It's a nice storybook of a beginning of friendship for three girls (all 5th graders) and the bond they form with each other and each of their horses. In this story one of the girls isn't getting good grades bu
Dolly
Jun 28, 2012 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children starting to read chapter books
This is the second book in the Pony Pals series by Jeanne Betancourt. I got the first book in this series for our youngest, who is particularly horse-crazy right now. I really thought it was something that she'd love. She read it and said it was okay, but expressed zero interest in reading any more of the books in this series. I'm really not sure why. I read the book and thought it was pretty good. It's certainly more interesting than the insipid Rainbow Magic series that she loves so much.

I bo
Janice
AR Reading Level 4.1, AR Points 2.0.

Very good book. These little books teach good values, kindness and understanding.

I am including reading level and Accelerated reading points or AR points for those of you who need that information for grade school. I used to include quiz number also. But will not be doing that unless I have requests for it. Enjoy!
As Hot As Jack Frost
Omigod I remember reading these books when I was younger! I loved them because there were horses.
Kristine Pratt
OK the series took a more serious turn in book 2 and tackled some real learning difficulties. It seems that every series needs a dyslexia book or is that just me?

Anyway, here we get to know Anna better and find out that she's got some fairly serious problems at school that have an end result of losing her pony. Yikes! Poor girl!

I was glad to see the book come to a happy conclusion though once again there's no real strong characterization or voice that makes me want to read every book in the ser
Shylar
Summary- a pony for keeps is agout a girl named anna and she cant kepp he pony so the pony pals have to come up with a way to kepp annas pony

charcter trait- Anna is a very loveing and careing girl.Anna loves her horse acorn so much.anna likes to explore new stuff.

Most important event- The part that I thaught was important part was when anna went back to her barn and acorn was gone and she had to find a way to get acorn back.

recomdation-I persnoly think it was awsome book. if you like horses this
Victoria Robinson
It was good to see a kids book tackling a delicate issue.
Victoria Mars
This book is the second in a series but a reader would be able to pick it up and not be lost without reading the first. The story is simple and offers some good lessons to young readers. One of the girls is having trouble in school and faces losing her horse because of it. Young readers who love horses or who love to ride and are facing trouble in school would love to pick this book up!
Twyla
One of the pony Pals was just about to lose acorn because she wasn't good at school. But when she finally able to buy acorn to keep she found out that one of the pony bullies had this pony already and but anna didn't know but if thats why he started being bullies to pony's and the pony pals.
Kayla
Like I said if you like horses this is abook for you to read. Its about a girl who's looking for the perfect pony. I can't tell you more because I'll tell you the hole story, Mr.Mackie doesn't want me to that. I Loved It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Michele
Another book my daughter read and I read after she did. This series is so wonderful...the three girls work together, figure out solutions to their problems, stick up for each other, help each other out and take GREAT care of their ponies!
Kaylea Joy
Aug 23, 2011 Kaylea Joy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Young readers
Recommended to Kaylea Joy by: My Poppi :)
This was my very first chapter book! And it was meant for just that it is very easy to read and I plan on reading it again!
Fernette
Book #2 and #38 are the Pony Pals books where Anna talks about her dyslexia. Our daughter loved this series.
Melissa
Picked up this book at a garage sale for my 6 year old. She loved it. Need to go back and read book 1.
Taylor merrill
almost done it rocks oh i just finished it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Samantha
was one of the first chapter books i ever read!
lol it was cute!
Kayla
Jul 23, 2008 Kayla rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Every One
This book is a very good book. You should read this book.
Nicole Sandford
Nice to see a book about dyslexia. Grade 5.
Cambrie
Poor Anna she doesn't get acorn there a pair
Amanda
I really liked this book!
Eryn
Blythe
Jun 06, 2015 Blythe added it
False
Moira Mcglynn
Moira Mcglynn marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
  • Ghost Horse (Phantom Rider, #1)
  • Horse Shy (Saddle Club, #2)
  • Pony on the Porch (Animal Ark, #2)
  • Brown Sunshine of Sawdust Valley
  • Pride's Challenge (Thoroughbred, #9)
  • Bold Beauty (Winnie the Horse Gentler, #3)
  • Mustang Moon (Phantom Stallion, #2)
  • The White Stallion
  • Goat in the Garden (Animal Ark, #4)
When I was growing up I never thought of being an author. I was a terrible speller and didn't want to write any more than I had to. I wanted to be a tap dancer when I grew up. After a few years of teaching junior high and high school, I wrote my first novel. It was a surprise to discover that I liked making up stories and writing them down. I liked it so much that eventually I stopped teaching and ...more
More about Jeanne Betancourt...

Pony Pals (1 - 10 of 38 books)
  • I Want a Pony (Pony Pals, #1)
  • A Pony in Trouble (Pony Pals, #3)
  • Give Me Back My Pony (Pony Pals, #4)
  • Pony to the Rescue (Pony Pals, #5)
  • Too Many Ponies (Pony Pals, #6)
  • Runaway Pony (Pony Pals, #7)
  • Good-Bye Pony (Pony Pals, #8)
  • The Wild Pony (Pony Pals, #9)
  • Don't Hurt My Pony (Pony Pals, #10)
  • Circus Pony (Pony Pals, #11)
I Want a Pony (Pony Pals, #1) Runaway Pony (Pony Pals, #7) Too Many Ponies (Pony Pals, #6) A Pony in Trouble (Pony Pals, #3) Give Me Back My Pony (Pony Pals, #4)