Start by marking “Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)

Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves #1)

The absolute last thing Laney wants or needs is an Alpha werewolf. She fled a life of abuse and neglect at the hands of one, so there’s no way she’s interested in letting another into her life. Not even a sinfully gorgeous specimen. Uh-uh, not interested, not in this lifetime…

Then she meets Cooper Brady—and the man is delicious. Good sense is overwhelmed by the need to tou
Published December 22nd 2010 by Ellora's Cave Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Laney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Laney

rm2h
Dec 24, 2010 rm2h rated it did not like it
Recommended to rm2h by: rm2h@yahoo.com
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Laney is a werewolf looking to make a life for herself away from the pack that abused her consistently when she was younger. Problem is that the trauma has left her with having to constantly look over shoulder in fear that the Alpha will try to bring her back. She also becomes extremely self-conscious, socially closed off, and paranoid. In effect, she believes in what her abusers had often told her and now just lives to survive each day.

Cooper is a strong Alpha werewolf looking to prove himself
Heather andrews
Oct 31, 2013 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Cooper is all sorts of bada**, "well, now, sweet, I don't really want it. What I do want is for you to look me in the eyes, and I'm not going to move til' you do." He's cocky, "don't bother trying to lie to me, sweet. One, you're no good at it, and two, we both know that no self-respecting male werewolf would let you work in that dump." He's gentlemany when he wants to be, "well, everyone else's loss was his gain. But he would have to change his game plan. She deserved more than a 'wham, bam, th ...more
Christine
Sep 18, 2012 Christine rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica, paranormal
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This was a good paranormal romance. I liked how Laney's character was developed. She's a strong wolf but doesn't realize it because of the abuse she grew up with. Watching her come into her own was amazing.

Cooper was great! He's an alpha male and even though he was normally a gentle man, he learned to be gentle with Laney.

Cooper was definitely dominant in the bedroom but the BDSM was very light in this. Very sweet BDSM!

I can't wait to read more from this series!
Ladonna Alexander
Jun 27, 2012 Ladonna Alexander rated it liked it
I really did not care for this book. It was to short plus the female Laney was a little special. The book was not even a good short read. I will not read another book by this author.
Becky
Jun 19, 2014 Becky rated it it was amazing
Amazing start to a new series I've found. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the books!
Dahlia (yadkny)
Jan 30, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Werewolf Shifter Lovers

Cooper is a strong Alpha werewolf looking to prove himself
Emily
At the hands of her Alpha, Laney was treated with disdain, hatred, and abuse her whole life. Laney was able to escape before he killed her and has been living as a human ever since. When Alpha Cooper Brady arrives at the restaurant Laney is working at for a bite to eat, he doesn't expect to find a bed mate for the night and despite her initial reluctance it's a night he can't seem to forget. Neither Laney or Cooper realize initially that they are mates but quickly find they can't resist each oth ...more
SirenBookReviews
Feb 05, 2011 SirenBookReviews rated it it was amazing
Loving Laney was such a complex read. Lorna Jean Roberts did an outstanding job weaving such an intense story of heart-breaking abuse and terror into a story that evolved into healing and moving forward. I can’t begin to imagine how hard it was to write such an evocating read.

I fell hard for Laney the heroine who against all odds lived on the outskirts of her pack. I equally fell for the brothers who were helpless to help and those ignorant of what was actually happening to her by someone suppos
Madijo
Sep 10, 2012 Madijo rated it really liked it
I very much enjoyed this book, and I will be keeping an eye on Lorna Jean Roberts. After reading Loving Laney, I wanted to see if everyone felt like I did. I looked at some of the other reviews and I can see that people either loved it or hated it. From what I can see, a few of the readers felt that Laney was too weak or trusted her mate too easily. I didn't get that at all. I felt she was a survivor who met and mated with a man who loved her for her. They worked through her trust issues, until ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I was so shocked to find out this was a first book and what a wonderful future Ms. Roberts has as a writer. The communication between Laney and Cooper was excellent. Laney’s recovery from abuse was done in a supportive manner, but some of her actions went above stubborn. The supporting characters were good and set up a number of sequels. The sex was hot, very hot, and evolved well as the relationship developed. The ending was abrupt, but it could be that I want more and more.

Anya
Reviewer for Co
Patti Ashley
Mar 22, 2015 Patti Ashley rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good solid read

I liked this story. Planet is a werewolf living amongst humans. She is running from her Alpha. Cooper another Alpha meets her at her job and decides he wants her.
Cooper does not make a good first impression and I am glad I kept reading despite it. He improves. I think the author was trying to impress on us his strength but a jerk is still an arrogant jerk.
Dicina

I loved the character of Cooper, the Alpha-dominant-protective side really did it for me. I also really liked Laney even though I grew a little tired of her constantly thinking herself not good enough, too weak, etc...
I really really loved this book. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was the ending, which was a little too abrupt for my liking.
Megan
May 23, 2013 Megan rated it liked it
Shelves: shifter-species
I liked the story, a bit too much sex for me and that part became kind of boring. skipped over several love scenes toward the end. I wish the story had been a bit deeper but it was a enjoyable, quick read.
Amber
Jan 19, 2013 Amber rated it liked it
Liked the book - but I continually felt like I had read it before. I think that it was just very similar to many other Paranormal/wolf books. Overall I really liked the book even with the very dark back story.
Ti
May 08, 2014 Ti rated it did not like it
Shelves: shifters
Way more spanking and punishment than I am comfortable with. Decent storyline.
And the male main character is an arsehole a lot of the time to the fem. Guess that goes
along with the whole light BDSM theme.

Too bad. Otherwise I would recommend this to people and it would get a higher rating.
Theresa
Jun 10, 2014 Theresa rated it did not like it
That ending was faster, and more abrupt, that a 13 year old boy jacking off for the first time...
Tina
Not bad wouldn't mind reading more.
Bianca
Sep 12, 2011 Bianca rated it really liked it
This was pretty good! The ending was a bit anti-climatic and abrupt.

*Beware back-door action
Kara Bell
Jan 04, 2011 Kara Bell rated it liked it
Shelves: 2011
Fun, enjoyable read.
Romreader
Jun 04, 2011 Romreader rated it it was amazing
Loved it, loved it. Cooper yum
Anya Kelly
Sep 04, 2011 Anya Kelly rated it really liked it
I really liked Laney, but I wish she had been stronger. By the end, she still seemed insecure and weak.
HJ
Mar 05, 2014 HJ rated it liked it

Reread 3/2014
Elisa
Really enjoyed this one, I just got the next in the series. Can't wait to read it.
J.L. Taft
Nov 17, 2013 J.L. Taft rated it it was amazing
Great book! I absolutely love a man who is as determined as Cooper!
Laylah
Jun 02, 2011 Laylah rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this book
Ashleigh
Ashleigh rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2013
Beth
Beth rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2013
Suzie3395
Suzie3395 rated it it was amazing
Jul 11, 2015
  • Alpha Turned (Wolf Appeal Book 1)
  • Tempted by Trouble
  • Task Force Three: The Irish Jewel (The Men of Five-0, #3)
  • Laurie's Loves (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #1)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • When a Pack Dies (Wyoming Wild #1)
  • Taking Control (Babysitting a Billionaire, #3)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Leashed by a Wolf (Shifters of Hillside, #1)
  • Kilty Pleasure (The McLaughlins, #2)
  • Into the Fire (Hot Nights, #1)
  • Some like It Sinful (A Perfect Recipe, #2)
  • Keeley's Opposition (Terra-form #3)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Prymal Lust (Prymal Series)
  • Panthers' Prey (Black Panthers #1)
Lorna Jean lives in beautiful New Zealand with her partner. Reading has always been her favorite pastime, and when she’s not reading stories filled with passion and romance she finds herself dreaming up new ones. When she’s not in front of the computer screen or curled up with a book, she can usually be found drinking coffee, or shopping, or watching re-runs of Kath and Kim on DVD.
More about Lorna Jean Roberts...

Shadowpeak Wolves (4 books)
  • Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2)
  • Dual Embrace (Shadowpeak Wolves, #3)
  • Hanna's Haven (Shadowpeak Wolves, #4)