Start by marking “Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves, #1)

Loving Laney (Shadowpeak Wolves #1)

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  386 ratings  ·  27 reviews
The absolute last thing Laney wants or needs is an Alpha werewolf. She fled a life of abuse and neglect at the hands of one, so there’s no way she’s interested in letting another into her life. Not even a sinfully gorgeous specimen. Uh-uh, not interested, not in this lifetime…

Then she meets Cooper Brady—and the man is delicious. Good sense is overwhelmed by the need to tou
Published December 22nd 2010 by Ellora's Cave Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Laney, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Laney

R
Dec 24, 2010 R rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommended to R by: rm2h@yahoo.com
Heather andrews
Cooper is all sorts of bada**, "well, now, sweet, I don't really want it. What I do want is for you to look me in the eyes, and I'm not going to move til' you do." He's cocky, "don't bother trying to lie to me, sweet. One, you're no good at it, and two, we both know that no self-respecting male werewolf would let you work in that dump." He's gentlemany when he wants to be, "well, everyone else's loss was his gain. But he would have to change his game plan. She deserved more than a 'wham, bam, th ...more
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
This was a good paranormal romance. I liked how Laney's character was developed. She's a strong wolf but doesn't realize it because of the abuse she grew up with. Watching her come into her own was amazing.

Cooper was great! He's an alpha male and even though he was normally a gentle man, he learned to be gentle with Laney.

Cooper was definitely dominant in the bedroom but the BDSM was very light in this. Very sweet BDSM!

I can't wait to read more from this series!
Christine
Ladonna Alexander
I really did not care for this book. It was to short plus the female Laney was a little special. The book was not even a good short read. I will not read another book by this author.
Becky
Amazing start to a new series I've found. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the books!
Dahlia (yadkny)
Feb 01, 2011 Dahlia (yadkny) rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Werewolf Shifter Lovers
Laney is a werewolf looking to make a life for herself away from the pack that abused her consistently when she was younger. Problem is that the trauma has left her with having to constantly look over shoulder in fear that the Alpha will try to bring her back. She also becomes extremely self-conscious, socially closed off, and paranoid. In effect, she believes in what her abusers had often told her and now just lives to survive each day.

Cooper is a strong Alpha werewolf looking to prove himself
SirenBookReviews
Loving Laney was such a complex read. Lorna Jean Roberts did an outstanding job weaving such an intense story of heart-breaking abuse and terror into a story that evolved into healing and moving forward. I can’t begin to imagine how hard it was to write such an evocating read.

I fell hard for Laney the heroine who against all odds lived on the outskirts of her pack. I equally fell for the brothers who were helpless to help and those ignorant of what was actually happening to her by someone suppos
Emily
At the hands of her Alpha, Laney was treated with disdain, hatred, and abuse her whole life. Laney was able to escape before he killed her and has been living as a human ever since. When Alpha Cooper Brady arrives at the restaurant Laney is working at for a bite to eat, he doesn't expect to find a bed mate for the night and despite her initial reluctance it's a night he can't seem to forget. Neither Laney or Cooper realize initially that they are mates but quickly find they can't resist each oth ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews

Cooper is a strong Alpha werewolf looking to prove himself
Patti Ashley
Good solid read

I liked this story. Planet is a werewolf living amongst humans. She is running from her Alpha. Cooper another Alpha meets her at her job and decides he wants her.
Cooper does not make a good first impression and I am glad I kept reading despite it. He improves. I think the author was trying to impress on us his strength but a jerk is still an arrogant jerk.
Josee
I very much enjoyed this book, and I will be keeping an eye on Lorna Jean Roberts. After reading Loving Laney, I wanted to see if everyone felt like I did. I looked at some of the other reviews and I can see that people either loved it or hated it. From what I can see, a few of the readers felt that Laney was too weak or trusted her mate too easily. I didn't get that at all. I felt she was a survivor who met and mated with a man who loved her for her. They worked through her trust issues, until ...more
CoffeeTimeRomance andMore
I was so shocked to find out this was a first book and what a wonderful future Ms. Roberts has as a writer. The communication between Laney and Cooper was excellent. Laney’s recovery from abuse was done in a supportive manner, but some of her actions went above stubborn. The supporting characters were good and set up a number of sequels. The sex was hot, very hot, and evolved well as the relationship developed. The ending was abrupt, but it could be that I want more and more.

Anya
Reviewer for Co
Theresa
That ending was faster, and more abrupt, that a 13 year old boy jacking off for the first time...
Tina
Not bad wouldn't mind reading more.
HJ

Reread 3/2014
Dicina

I loved the character of Cooper, the Alpha-dominant-protective side really did it for me. I also really liked Laney even though I grew a little tired of her constantly thinking herself not good enough, too weak, etc...
I really really loved this book. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was the ending, which was a little too abrupt for my liking.
Tina
Way more spanking and punishment than I am comfortable with. Decent storyline.
And the male main character is an arsehole a lot of the time to the fem. Guess that goes
along with the whole light BDSM theme.

Too bad. Otherwise I would recommend this to people and it would get a higher rating.
Amber
Liked the book - but I continually felt like I had read it before. I think that it was just very similar to many other Paranormal/wolf books. Overall I really liked the book even with the very dark back story.
Megan
I liked the story, a bit too much sex for me and that part became kind of boring. skipped over several love scenes toward the end. I wish the story had been a bit deeper but it was a enjoyable, quick read.
Anya Kelly
I really liked Laney, but I wish she had been stronger. By the end, she still seemed insecure and weak.
Bianca
This was pretty good! The ending was a bit anti-climatic and abrupt.

*Beware back-door action
J.L. Taft
Great book! I absolutely love a man who is as determined as Cooper!
Romreader
Loved it, loved it. Cooper yum
Kara Bell
Fun, enjoyable read.
Laylah
Really enjoyed this book
KindleJo Jo
smoking hot love scenes
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
  • Alpha Turned
  • Task Force Three: The Irish Jewel (The Men of Five-0, #3)
  • Laurie's Loves (Beckett's Wolf Pack, Triad Mates #1)
  • Perfumed Heat (Heat, # 1)
  • Their Unexpected Mate (Paranormal Protections Unit, #1)
  • Keeping Her
  • Mating Claire (Sea Island Wolves, #1)
  • Fate Knows Best (Kindred of Arkadia, #1)
  • Kane's Mate (Armageddon Mates, #1)
  • Claimed by Wolves (Call of the Wolf, #1)
  • Scent of Passion (Rutledge Werewolves, #1)
  • Panthers' Prey (Black Panthers #1)
  • Fire of the Wolf (The Gray Pack #1)
  • Leader of the Pack
  • Wolf
  • Big Bad Bite
  • Blood Moon (Moonstruck, #1)
  • Alpha's Mate (Siberian Volkov Pack, #1)
Lorna Jean lives in beautiful New Zealand with her partner. Reading has always been her favorite pastime, and when she’s not reading stories filled with passion and romance she finds herself dreaming up new ones. When she’s not in front of the computer screen or curled up with a book, she can usually be found drinking coffee, or shopping, or watching re-runs of Kath and Kim on DVD.
More about Lorna Jean Roberts...

Shadowpeak Wolves (4 books)
  • Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2)
  • Dual Embrace (Shadowpeak Wolves, #3)
  • Hanna's Haven (Shadowpeak Wolves, #4)
Chasing Cassie (Shadowpeak Wolves, #2) Dual Embrace (Shadowpeak Wolves, #3) Bound To Them Banishing Shadows Hanna's Haven (Shadowpeak Wolves, #4)