Parallel Worlds: Nothing is as it seems

Parallel Worlds: Nothing is as it seems

2.96 of 5 stars 2.96  ·  rating details  ·  74 ratings  ·  19 reviews
On the surface, the story is about a pair of teenagers, trapped in a parallel world. They must retrieve information from their past lifetimes before they can return to their own world.

Yet underlying the story is a message so powerful, so life-changing and controversial, it has been concealed for thousands of years - because these truths are capable of changing our current...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published November 9th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Parallel Worlds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Parallel Worlds

Marydnich
I read this book and was dissapointed. Also, when I saw quotes from Dr. Chopra and Madeleine L'Engle on the Amazon page I got suspicious. I thought for sure Madeleine L'Engle was dead and before this book got published. I was correct. I don't like it when people throw out quotes making it seem like a famous author has read their work and liked it. I know there is no claim that Madeleine L'Engle read the book, but it just seemed a little shady to me.
Andi Houtsch
I did not expect the content of this story! Although written in a slightly juvenile/amateur style, the concepts behind and beneath the writing appear to be sound and revolutionary in thinking. I have been on a long spiritual journey, seeking Understanding, and this book turned my world on its head and elucidated on a great deal I was unaware of and am so grateful for having learned via reading this story.
Gordon Howard
Heather Noell started out with a tough mission. Write a book that depicts the concepts expressed in abook written by Anastasia, a woman living in the Russian wilderness in a storyline that is understandable to teenagers. The book is a story about two teenagers (Amelia) and (Matthew) and their adventures on a camping trip in a Utah National Park.

The adventures of Amelia and Matthew make you think about what life would be like if Anastasia's purported capabilities of Teleportation, Bi-location, Te...more
MayMay
I can't even finish it. Long winded and just plain boring. This author had a good.concept here bout decided to execute it poorly. Plot development was at a turtles pace and if there was something good Coming didn't see it. It wasn't hard follow but rather boring to try to follow what in the world was happening. One moment she's in one persons mind, the next she's back to the other persons mind but in the future, the next she has a kid, then she feels she's still asleep then wakes up and this goe...more
Thomas
The world in which the story takes place is so richly detailed, that it often feels as if you are actually there witnessing it first hand. I could often visualize, in detail, the setting and surroundings being described. The overall story and underlying message were very intriguing, and had my attention throughout. After reading, there is a good chance that your way of thinking about many things will change. Highly recommended.
A.J.
I picked this up from Smashwords with a free coupon. I persevered with it, although it's not my kind of book at all. A bit too New Age and mystical for my taste, but I'm sure there are people out there who would love it.
Jex
Dec 30, 2011 Jex marked it as to-read
Free on Amazon
Starla B
There was an interesting idea behind this story. The whole principal of mind over matter and thoughts creating reality is fascinating. I had heard of a study where particles on a subatomic level reacted differently when observed by scientists than they did when results were recorded by machines only. I don't think that was an actual study; possibly it was part of another novel or short story that made it into the mainstream. Either way, it's an interesting concept. However, I'm not sure if I lik...more
Lisa
Amateurish writing, fuzzy story, interesting idea, poor execution.
Amanda
Oh my gosh I don't think I can finish. It's so grandiose and long winded and just plain weird. Maybe I'll come back to it in a different mood but right now I have no desire to finish it and I am 3/4 of the way through it!
Geoffrey
I'm not sure if this book had severe ADD, was too philosophical, or both. I honestly could only get about 20% of the way through before I had to just stop and find something else to read.
Ashley
i thought this had potential to head somewhere fun and interesting, but it turned out just to be bizarre and lame. unconvincing ideas behind the plot.
Stacey
Although this book had a nice summary it was not what I expected at all.it moved too fast and there was no substance to it.I did not enjoy this book
Elizabeth
not my type of book. by chapter 5, there was no referrence to why past lives and such where needed to be remembered and such.
Gerold Whittaker
This is one I did not compelete: never got going for me & put it down after a few chapters.
Lori
The writing was fine, but books about parallel universes are not for me. . .
Terry Isgro
Interesting read but the conclusion is really based on fuzzy logic.
Meredith Kleeger Oppenheim
wierd, no overly exciting
Lida
very interesting book.
Ron
Ron marked it as to-read
Aug 27, 2014
Anna A
Anna A marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Pringle
Pringle marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Cliff
Cliff marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Crystal Dunaway
Crystal Dunaway marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Fey
Fey marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014