Start by marking “The Enemy of an Enemy (Lost Tales of Power, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Enemy of an Enemy (Lost Tales of Power, #1)

The Enemy of an Enemy (Lost Tales of Power #1)

3.69  ·  Rating Details  ·  178 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Everything seemed to be going Vydor’s way, until the Dragon Claw was sent on a rather unusual assignment to investigate a minor incident deep within the Empire’s space. That would send Vydor down a path filled with fantastically powerful enemies and extraordinary friends that would obliterate everything he ever understood to be true and threaten the very foundations of the ...more
Nook, 342 pages
Published November 13th 2010 by Vincent Trigili, via Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy of an Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy of an Enemy

Murat
Mar 09, 2016 Murat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 Stars
Science fiction and fantasy does not usualy fits well for me. But in this one it did not bother me much. To be honest this is the first book as both sci-fi and fantasy that I managed to finish. I would have liked more explanation with how magic works and all but still not bad.
I was expecting that to be the major weakness of the book but on the contrary I must say the characters and the storytelling bothered me more.
It is certainly not boring but storytelling is not masterclass and makes
Kevin
Jun 23, 2011 Kevin rated it it was ok
Ever wondered what would result from a crossover between the Star Trek and Star Wars universes? In the e-book novel The Enemy of an Enemy, Vincent Trigili provides his own unfortunately unsatisfying answer to this question. While I admire Mr. Trigili's bravery in submitting this work for public consumption and criticism, my overall impression was of a work resulting more from passion than skill. Specifically, the characterization was thin and the various conflicts presented by the plot lacked an ...more
Peter Petermann
Aug 18, 2015 Peter Petermann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Warning: this review is full of spoilers.

The title of this book could easy have been "wizards and spaceships" cause in the end, that's the theme.
Sadly the author went quite far overboard with this theme so the reader does end up with wizards who wipe out several spaceships within seconds.. And there's the ultimate problem of the story. If your main character is ultimately powerful and can't be stopped it gets boring. Every bit of suspense gets lost when you as a reader have no reason at all to
Joel Korhonen
Jun 08, 2015 Joel Korhonen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever since I picked up the Lord of the Rings as a kid I have been an avid fantasy fan, and later I have enjoyed Star Trek, Babylon 5, Stargate etc. The Enemy of an Enemy, the first book in The Lost Tales of Power series, was originally written as an independent book, the writing of the book having commenced early on of the author's life. It is one of the best books I have ever read, and I do a lot of reading.

The book has a very fast tempo on average but there is also space for deep thoughts. The
Nathan Tullis
Originally posted to Audiobookreviewer.com

I had looked into getting this book more than once in the past but never bit the bullet. When an opportunity arose to review it, here at Audiobookreviewer.com, I took it. The term Science-Fantasy jumped out at me as I am an avid fan of fantasy. Though I do only dabble in Sci-Fi I’ve always really enjoyed the genre and have wanted to experiment with the melding of the two. Vincent Trigili does a pretty good job of doing it.

This story focuses on Vydor. A y
Perry Martin
Jan 09, 2015 Perry Martin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is narrated by Jack de Golia @jackwestcoast. Jack is a tallented Narrator and I am wven more impressed with his work after listening to to titles he narrated back to back. Some times you will hear the same voices for different characters in different books. I was so happily supprised to hear unique voices and I could truley tell I was listening to a different book. To me as a reveiwer lf audiobooks is esential. It is not a deal breaker as one of my favorite narrators Dick Hill tends to ...more
Sgt Maj
May 04, 2016 Sgt Maj rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I Just Don't Know -- 1,2,?

I was going to pitch after first couple of chapters and I'm still not clear why I finished. I didn't like MC to begin with and just chilled a bit in middle to end. No clue what rating should be.

There was interesting premise in the beginning and thought author, premise-plot wise, did well with it for first 2/3.... Then cycled down quickly -- notion of creating new nation, recognized by Emperor , getting a ship and on and on... The relationship between the CAPTAIN n MC wa
Trisha Perry
Oct 11, 2015 Trisha Perry rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great book by author Vincent Trigili! This is an awesome sci-fi/fantasy/Navy book. His wonderful plot and great characters kept me riveted to the book and asking for the next, ok the really cool spaceships and the fact that I now want to be a dark knight doesn't hurt. this book had me hooked from the beginning and kept me up past my bedtime reading until it was finished, since it was also available on audible (cheap if you have the kindle book) I got to keep going on the book while I was ...more
Brian
Jun 11, 2014 Brian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fairly well written story, with good plot development up until the last few chapters. At that point you start to realize there's some serious deus ex machina going on with the main character - he suddenly and naturally has all these skills and powers, with no flaws or shortcomings.

I really wish the secondary characters had been developed a lot more instead of just having the hero save the day all by himself. And also that the final battle had been less contrived and less... well, final. It was
Jenni
Dec 09, 2014 Jenni rated it liked it
The Enemy of an Enemy by Vincent Trigili is a sci-fi space adventure which follows protagonist Vydor through his encounters in the Empire. It is intended to be the first in a series of three novels by Trigili set in the same universe.

"Everything seemed to be going Vydors way, until the Dragon Claw was sent on a rather unusual assignment to investigate a minor incident deep within the Empires space. That would send Vydor down a path filled with fantastically powerful enemies and extraordinary fr
Concetta Phillipps
Read this book as part of the Future Tense collection. I really enjoyed this - I would call it a spin on the Dune series, which are some of my favorite books. Vydor is an interesting character who displays the correct amount of confusion and decisiveness, and I think there will be interesting adventures with him to come. Will definitely read the next one.
John Walkenford
Apr 07, 2015 John Walkenford rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was definitely an interesting combination of scifi and fantasy. It is a first novel for the author so there are some weaknesses. For me it was the dialogue, that at times didn't feel like it was flowing naturally. But overall I like this new universe and with several other stories already written in it I'm definitely curious to see what else is out there.
Virginia
Wizardry in our future? This was a pretty good book. I thought the author was very good at expressing the feelings and inner thoughts of the characters herein. This was also a good story line. I'm glad the author "completed" this portion of the main character's life rather than leaving it hanging for the next volume.
Brijesh Kartha
Apr 15, 2014 Brijesh Kartha rated it really liked it
If you like a light read of an adventure story set in technology, magic, space and realms this is a good option. Very easy to read, it does not go into all the potential complexities that it could go into but it has the seed for becoming an interesting series.
Doris Marcantel
Jul 05, 2015 Doris Marcantel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed it

I stayed interested the entire time and can't wait to see what happens next. Great job to the author. Can't think of any negatives that were in your face, yet it wasn't spectacular- just all around good story!
Lisa
Sep 26, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Grand Tale

This book was a joy to read. Space fights, Wizards, Mundane's, good vs evil, it has it all.
Well written and executed with skill, Mr. Trigili is a writer for people who love a great tale.
kelly west
Jul 10, 2016 kelly west rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading twice.

I liked the uncomplicated smooth story line. It flowed well. The characters were believable . An unusual twist for military space battles .
Raissa Fedora
The mixture of military style , simplistic and straightforward, Enterprise-like feeling so it's kinda Star Trek-ish, then turns to mystical-magic world with wizards and sorcerers. What an interesting one! Yet it feels off the line so it doesn't really suit my taste.
Theresa Callahan
Mar 25, 2016 Theresa Callahan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story

When I bought this book I was expecting a space opera. The magic part was a surprise. It turned out to be a good story anyway.

Cory
Aug 20, 2015 Cory rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2015
I really enjoyed this book. Liked the world he built and the overall plot. My only critique is that the battles lasts for only a page and a half.
Larry B Gray
Aug 08, 2011 Larry B Gray rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
You know one of the best ways to tell a great book from a good book? It is when you become so entralled by the story that all of a sudden you turn the page and it is the end and the you let out a long "Noooo." This was that type of book. I totally enjoyed it from page one to the last page. It combined my favorite genre, space scifi, with fantasy and pulled it off.

The is a great story with well developed charactor that is combined with a well written story line. You will not want to put it down.
Per Gunnar
Jan 28, 2012 Per Gunnar rated it really liked it
Excellent, straightforward sci-fi/fantasy mixture. The hero is a hero and he stays a hero. No messing around and no political BS. The mix between Sci-Fi technology and fantasy (magic) is quite entertaining. Sure, the story is maybe a bit for the younger audience but I find it quite entertaining despite being 48 years old. After all, I do read book to escape reality :-)
James Daniel
Jun 22, 2011 James Daniel rated it really liked it
Very interesting space fantasy showing the start of a new council of wizards that are destined to save their home galaxy/sector. Lots of interesting magic and full of action. This book was actually a pretty big page turner for me.
Chris Doyle
Jun 12, 2016 Chris Doyle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Happened on this book as a free download. It blew my mind!! Starts off like Star Wars, turns into Star Trek, ends up with wizards!! Sounds cheesy but I loved it and blew through it in a couple of days.
Pauline
Jun 22, 2011 Pauline rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2011
Combining high-tech and magic is often not done well but this book does a superb job of it. It's one of the few books I've read recently that I read cover-to-cover in one sitting.
Russell
Oct 01, 2011 Russell rated it liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
The writing style bothered me.
Brian Bollert
Brian Bollert marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
John
John is currently reading it
Jul 23, 2016
Mick Bird
Mick Bird is currently reading it
Jul 22, 2016
Contest announced for free autographed copy 1 3 Jun 01, 2011 11:39AM
Update on Volume Two 1 2 May 18, 2011 04:24AM
  • Astra: Synchronicity
  • The Mudlark
  • The Actuator: Fractured Earth (The Actuator, #1)
  • Salvage Merc One
  • Gabriel's Redemption
  • The Making of Legend (Cerebral Network #1)
  • The Honour of the Knights (The Battle for the Solar System)
  • Union of Renegades (The Rys Chronicles #1)
  • 101 Tips for Traveling with a Vampire
  • The Hunger
  • Monster in the Mirror
  • Haven (The Fall of Haven #1)
  • Queen of Arlin (The Cyber Chronicles, #1)
  • Right Ascension
  • The Demon Queen And The Locksmith
  • The Venom of Vipers
  • The Silver Ring
  • Quantum Tangle (Targon Tales)

Lost Tales of Power (7 books)
  • The Academy (Lost Tales of Power #2)
  • Rise of Shadows (Lost Tales of Power, #3)
  • Resurgence of an Ancient Darkness (Lost Tales of Power, #4)
  • The Sac'a'rith (Lost Tales of Power, #5)
  • Spectra's Gambit
  • Sac'a'rith: Rebirth (Lost Tales of Power Book 7)