Start by marking “Lion House Recipes” as Want to Read:
Lion House Recipes

Lion House Recipes

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Visitors to Salt Lake City generally take time to visit The Lion House, the historic home of Brigham Young, the second president of the LDS Church and first territorial governor of Utah. The basement cafe is legendary and has become a favorite lunch spot for locals and tourists alike.

The Lion House has come to mean good food. Now, with the publication of this trilogy of Li

Hardcover, First Edition, 122 pages
Published May 1st 1984 by Deseret Book Co

To ask other readers questions about Lion House Recipes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lion House Recipes

Chris Webber
I was surprised by this book. The Lion House is a historical restaurant in downtown Salt Lake City. I have never eaten there but was curious about the type of cuisine served and if it had a "historical" flair to it.

The recipes were amazingly simple, basic recipes. Even the most elementary cook could use this recipe book. It covers all of the course types and had a good range of soups and vegetable recipes...and as a nice twist, lots of zucchini recipes which makes it an indigenous cuisine for Ut
Kelly
I fully understand that these recipes are part of my culture BUT, ugh . . . so many of them are just too archaic for me. The addition of MSG really is attrocious and boullion is basically the same thing. There is nothing cozier than a great home cooked meat and potato dish but I find myself altering these recipes to avoid adding processed foods and less sugar and salt. Not exactly healthy eating but yes, I admit the butter dinner rolls are delicious & the chicken crepes aren't too bad if you ...more
Sweet  Lime
There are recipes in here I can't live with out and there are some that scare me to death (like the Lime Gelatin, Shrimp and Grapefruit Salad) I know some of the people who came up with the recipes, but this edition had to have been before food photography was very big because the pictures make me not want to eat the food. There's a newer one with better pictures. Still...I like it.
Chrissy
Ha ha - This isn't exactly a reading book, but it sure has great recipes!! Does thumbing through numerous times count as reading?
Alison
Some great recipes in here - good basic, maybe even a little old fashioned, ones to have on hand. Turkey Tetrazzini is one we like.
Lady Di
My family enjoys every recipe from this cookbook. Out of the dozens we own, this is the one we go to first.
Amy
Very simple recipes, but their ingredient's tended toward those that do not appeal to me.
Bridget
My 1st cookbook when I went to college. This is a great book.
Carol
yummy looking recipes
J.
J. added it
Nov 13, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Mar 07, 2014
Thelma Brown
Thelma Brown marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2014
Matt
Matt added it
Dec 16, 2014
Patti Trehar
Patti Trehar marked it as to-read
Aug 11, 2013
Marianthi
Marianthi marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2013
Toni
Toni is currently reading it
Mar 28, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
May 04, 2013
Bryce
Bryce marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Mar 31, 2013
Kristene
Kristene marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2013
Sreevidhya
Sreevidhya marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2013