Start by marking “Perfect for the Beach (Dean Brothers & Friend, #2; Wilde Series)” as Want to Read:
Perfect for the Beach (Dean Brothers & Friend, #2; Wilde Series)

Perfect for the Beach (Florida Doctors #1)

3.8  ·  Rating Details ·  2,303 Ratings  ·  57 Reviews
Turn up the heat with these six steamy novellas that carry an SPF--Sexy, Provocative, Fabulously erotic--rating that's off the scale and just. . .Perfect For The Beach

Some Like It Hot by New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

Published June 1st 2005 by Kensington (first published June 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Perfect for the Beach, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Perfect for the Beach

Dina
*** NOTE: This rating is for Erin McCarthy's BLUE CRUSH only! ***

Quick, funny and sexy read, with very likable characters. The H/h didn't profess their undying love to each other at the end of the story, but I was totally OK with it. After all, the whole story took place in less than 2 hours. I really like Erin McCarthy's humorous writing, and this novella was no exception.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Six short stories of varying quality. Sex is certainly the focus of each. I know that the short story medium makes it hard to really feel much for a character but these are even shorter on any real emotion than you might first suspect. None of the stories are great. But they are all relatively hot - which is why I read the book in the first place. It would be too much to ask for great stories in my sex book. I'll do a short paraphrase of one of the stories so you get the idea.

Doctor Hottie (DH)'
Julianna
Jan 06, 2017 Julianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Steamy Contemporary Romance Anthologies
Reviewed for THC Reviews
*newest review for this anthology
"4.5 stars overall
Some Like It Hot by Lori Foster - Some Like It Hot is the second story in Lori Foster's Dean Brothers & Friend novella series. It represents the “friend” portion of the series, featuring Axel Dean's best friend, Cary Rupert, a family practitioner, who has is bad for Axel's nurse, Nora. She's a tough nut to crack though, as she keeps turning him down, so Cary really has his work cut out for him convincing her they ca
Shannon
Apr 07, 2011 Shannon rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gotten-rid-of
Some Like It Hot---**

I guess I'm just not a Lori Foster fan. Cary seemed like an ok guy. Nora had some preconceptions. They just had a small roadblock cause she was scared.

One Wilde Weekend---**

I was pretty lost when this story started. Then I realized this was a continuation from another story. The chick was too in her head. I hate stories that are all about how they are never gonna become their mother/father/brother/second cousin once removed.

Blue Crush---***

I liked this story. Don't ask me w
Season
Mar 25, 2011 Season rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good stories. Liked the first and last best, but all were enjoyable to read.
Jan
Oct 04, 2013 Jan rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Here's a collection of six erotic romance novellas I reviewed long ago for Affaire de Coeur magazine. Alas, I've lost my original review, but here are a few notes on each of the novellas for you erotic romance enthusiasts:

Some Like It Hot by Lori Foster
Heroine’s name: Nora Chilton
Heroine’s profession: (Axel Dean’s) Nurse; young widow
Hero’s name: Cary Rupert
Hero’s profession: General practitioner
Conflict: He wants her but she’s a shy widow who’s never had an orgasm.
Main plot: She mistakenly think
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I WANT MURPHY'S LAW!

"I could make a meal out of you, Kat."
"I suppose you expect me to tell you to 'eat me'?"

Murphy's Law - Morgan Leigh. Kat Murphy is in love with her lawyer boss, Sam Parrish, but the handsome widower's heart may never heal. Needing a fresh start, Kat quits her job and heads for the beach. But when Sam follows her there, the sensual heat they generate is hotter than either of them ever imagined...

Some Like It Hot - Lori Foster. Family practitioner Cary Rupert wants Nora Chilto
Writerlibrarian
I read the short novella "One Wilde Week-end" which is #6 in Janelle Denison's Wilde Series. What a waste. This was the ultimate jumble of clichés that I find boring, uninteresting. Bottom line it's boring, very boring, 43 pages of boring, uninspired, badly written sex scenes (2, one in a commercial airplane), how to turn a somewhat interesting lead male character into a boring, I will "cure" you of your emotional insecurities (in 2 days no less) through submissive sex (complete with bondage and ...more
Gail
It took me a long time to finish this one, mainly due to reading 3 books at the same time, a new kitten in the house and who kept me busy, and basically because the stories weren't quite as good at the others in this series of loosely connected anthologies. I kept to it due to wanting to read everything in Denison's "Wilde" series but the rest of the stories were just meh. I need to get back to historical romances. I've been reading a LOT of hot, erotic anthologies lately.
Tia
Jul 31, 2012 Tia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome anthology. All the story are short, light heartening and funny as hell. I couldn't help smiling and laughing my way through the novel. They are truly a delight to read, all these authors have major talent.
Laurie Gold
Hot and Bothered - C+
Murphy's Law - B+
MissKitty
Story # 1 Lori Foster - Some like it Hot ***
Cute. The heroine seemed a bit mousy but the hero was totally besotted, glad he wore her down in the end.

Story # 2 janelle Dennison - One Wild Weekend **
Good enough - the hero is a bit Beta, but they have a bit of bondage so it's hot.

Story # 3 Erin McCarthy - Blue Crush *
What! No way, this had so many things wrong w it. The heroine is a doctor with low self image so she sets out to hook up w a lifeguard? It was not hot, no chemistry and it's like she f
Nothing Like A Good Book!!!! Wood
just loved it
Kate
Jul 31, 2016 Kate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anthologies
Some Like It Hot

Summary: Cary has wanted Nora since he met her but Nora doesn’t want a fling. She wants marriage and a family. Cary has to convince her that’s what he wants too.

Review: I like how forthright Cary is, how he doesn’t try to hide how much he wants Nora. Nora makes unfounded assumptions about Cary, despite the fact that he’s very honest with her, but it’s a short story so thankfully we don’t get too hung up on that. The sex was sweet and hot. If you lay aside your disbelief at the sp
Adriana
"Some Like It Hot" - Lori Fosters: Cary has wanted Nora for months, but she steadily turned him down. Still there is something about her that makes him want more. Nora, a young widow, has been in love with the handsome doctor for months, but she doesn't want an affair, she wants forever. Still how can you have forever if you are not willing to risk it all? A hot little tale about wanting forever and having a second chance. "One Wilde Weekend" - Janelle Denison: Alex Wilde is in love with the ind ...more
Kimberly
Dec 28, 2012 Kimberly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the Dean Brothers and Wildes
Cindy
Aug 24, 2013 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Contemporary romance anthology. As usual, waaay too many authors stuffed into 1 book. I was all set to give this book 1 star, that's how much I thought of these stories. There IS 1 good one in the whole book.

Lori Foster - 1 star. Now don't get me wrong, I like LF stories...USUALLY. This one is a stinker she must have typed out in 1 day.
#1 - I don't know if Lori has been to the Dr lately, but since the late 80's nurses have worn SCRUBS. Not "crisp white uniforms". Hospital nurses, office nurs
SweetSue
Dec 25, 2015 SweetSue rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***-"Some Like It Hot" - Lori Foster: Family practitioner Cary Rupert wants Nora Chilton so badly he can barely keep a hold of his stethoscope. Now he's out to prove that when it comes to loving her forever, he's the man for the job. - Funny, especially all the eavesdropping. They couldn't get along without it. Also the receptionist has a house with a pool and the Dr lives in an apartment, what's up with that?

*-"One Wilde Weekend" - Janelle Denison: Alex Wilde is crazy about Dana Reed. Career-dr
Quinn's Book Nook
“Some Like It Hot” is a VERY short story by Lori Foster found in Perfect for the Beach, an anthology of 6 different short stories. “Some Like It Hot” is only around 50 pages, so I can’t say that it’s amazing. I mean, often a novella (around 100 pages, usually) is difficult to pull off, so a 50 pages romance . . . well, I can’t say that it totally works here. But, that said, I didn’t hate it either.

“Some Like It Hot” is about family doctor Cary Rupert who has been pretty much in love with Nora Ch
Julie Barrett
Nov 30, 2015 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for the beach by MaryJanice Davidson, Perrin Kayla, Denison Janelle, Foster_ Lori, Leigh Morgan and McCarthy Erin
6 various authored book with a theme of perfect for the beach.
Some Like It Hot by Lori Foster
This story is about a doctors practice in OB/GYN where she works as a nurse and is widowed, 2 years and her spouse was a virgin also.
One of the doctors, Carey shows an interest in her, Nora and they agree to go swimming then they move the action to the bedroom in her apartment.
Very ho
Angel
Jul 03, 2014 Angel rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I gave this book an overall rating of 4 stars. Here's how I rated them individually:

Some Like it Hot ---5 Stars
This story was fun and fast-paced. With enough of a foundation to make it feel like nothing was missing, which is how I sometimes feel when reading short stories.

One Wilde Weekend ---5 Stars
This was my first time reading anything by this author. And I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Blue Crush ---5 Stars
A pediatrician and a lifeguard stuck in a lifeguard hut during a s
Amelia-Irene
Aug 06, 2011 Amelia-Irene rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I intially got this book for two of the six authors - Lori Foster & MaryJanice Davidson. I had read some Janelle Denison, but don't recall if I'd read any of Erin McCarthy, Morgan Leigh, or Kayla Perrin before. This has some interesting short stories and per usual I laughed through most of MaryJanice Davidson's story, Lori Foster's story of how a former playboy type who has now found the woman of his dreams convinces her that he's serious. The other four are interesting, but I found easy to ...more
Dawn
Oct 05, 2015 Dawn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
(Not a review)

Collection of short stories.

Some Like it Hot by Lori Foster (Dean Brothers #2)
One Wilde Weekend by Janelle Denison (Wilde Series #6)
Blue Crush by Erin McCarthy (Florida Doctors #1)
Murphy's Law by Morgan Leigh (Parrish/McCauley)
My Thief by MaryJanice Davidson
Hot and Bothered by Kayla Perrin
Valancy
Read & rated -

- Some Like It Hot - Lori Foster. 3 stars.

- Blue Crush - Erin McCarthy. 3 stars. Dr Sara Davis's story. Character also in Erin McCarthy's book "Houston, We Have A Problem".

- Murphy's Law - Morgan Leigh. 2.5 stars.

Didn't finish -

- One Wilde Weekend - Janelle Denison
- My Thief - Mary Janice Davidson
- Hot & Bothered - Kayla Perrin
 Chele
**includes Blue Crush by USA Today bestselling author Erin McCarthy (part of her Florida Doctors series)

Dr. Sara Davis loses her bikini top to a powerful wave and finds herself in the arms of gorgeous lifeguard Kyle Vanderhoff. . .where a little mouth-to-mouth just might resuscitate her love life.
Alex
---Blue Crush: by Erin McCarthy - 2 Stars
---My Thief: by MaryJance Davidson - 2 Stars
---Murphy's Law: by Morgan Leigh - 2 Stars
Dawn ♥ romance
Aug 07, 2010 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Six short steamy stories. Each story was only about 45 pages with hefty sex scenes so it didn't leave much room for plot. Therefore, I preferred the 'they just met' stories of Erin McCarthy and MaryJanice Davison. The other 'repressed love fulfilled' stories spent too much time explaining history of relationship.
Tilequa

I read Erin mccarthys story and it was great.. About the girl losing her bikini top on the beach and doing with the lifeguard in a shed lol...
I read the last story it was good about the girl being in love with her boss..so she quits her job and he follows
Sharon
Feb 16, 2013 Sharon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: erotica-romance
These are more like excerpts than full short stories, but don't let that fool you. They are still very enjoyable stories with sweet, hot men and steamy scenes! Just as the title suggests, this is a great book for vacation!
Jann
Jun 26, 2016 Jann rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This was six novellas all basically the same. Beautiful man, beautiful woman fall madly in love, have passionate sex (very detailed) and lived happily ever after. Same story different background in each. A total waste of time but I just can't not finish a book!
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • Surf's Up
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Online
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • Men at Work
  • Red-Hot and Royal
  • The Heavenward Path (Mitsuko, #2)
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Kick Ass (Warlord, #2)
  • Bad Boys Southern Style
USA Today and New York Times Bestselling author Erin McCarthy sold her first book in 2002 and has since written almost fifty novels and novellas in teen fiction, new adult, and adult romance. Erin has a special weakness for New Orleans, tattoos, high-heeled boots, beaches and martinis. She lives in Ohio with her family, two grumpy cats and a socially awkward dog.
More about Erin McCarthy...

Florida Doctors (1 books)
  • Houston, We Have A Problem (Florida Doctors, #2)