Perfect For The Beach ( Dean Brothers & Friend, #2; Wilde Series)

Perfect For The Beach (Wilde Series #2.5)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  1,658 ratings  ·  35 reviews
Turn up the heat with these six steamy novellas that carry an SPF--Sexy, Provocative, Fabulously erotic--rating that's off the scale and just. . .Perfect For The Beach

Some Like It Hot by New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster

Family practitioner Cary Rupert wants Nora Chilton so badly he can barely keep a hold of his stethoscope. Now he's out to prove that when

Published June 1st 2005 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published June 1st 2004)

Dina
*** NOTE: This rating is for Erin McCarthy's BLUE CRUSH only! ***

Quick, funny and sexy read, with very likable characters. The H/h didn't profess their undying love to each other at the end of the story, but I was totally OK with it. After all, the whole story took place in less than 2 hours. I really like Erin McCarthy's humorous writing, and this novella was no exception.
Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim)
Six short stories of varying quality. Sex is certainly the focus of each. I know that the short story medium makes it hard to really feel much for a character but these are even shorter on any real emotion than you might first suspect. None of the stories are great. But they are all relatively hot - which is why I read the book in the first place. It would be too much to ask for great stories in my sex book. I'll do a short paraphrase of one of the stories so you get the idea.

Doctor Hottie (DH)'...more
Shannon
Some Like It Hot---**

I guess I'm just not a Lori Foster fan. Cary seemed like an ok guy. Nora had some preconceptions. They just had a small roadblock cause she was scared.

One Wilde Weekend---**

I was pretty lost when this story started. Then I realized this was a continuation from another story. The chick was too in her head. I hate stories that are all about how they are never gonna become their mother/father/brother/second cousin once removed.

Blue Crush---***

I liked this story. Don't ask me w...more
Goge (BARRONS) le Moning Maniac,
I WANT MURPHY'S LAW!

"I could make a meal out of you, Kat."
"I suppose you expect me to tell you to 'eat me'?"

Murphy's Law - Morgan Leigh. Kat Murphy is in love with her lawyer boss, Sam Parrish, but the handsome widower's heart may never heal. Needing a fresh start, Kat quits her job and heads for the beach. But when Sam follows her there, the sensual heat they generate is hotter than either of them ever imagined...

Some Like It Hot - Lori Foster. Family practitioner Cary Rupert wants Nora Chilto...more
Jan
Here's a collection of six erotic romance novellas I reviewed long ago for Affaire de Coeur magazine. Alas, I've lost my original review, but here are a few notes on each of the novellas for you erotic romance enthusiasts:

Some Like It Hot by Lori Foster
Heroine’s name: Nora Chilton
Heroine’s profession: (Axel Dean’s) Nurse; young widow
Hero’s name: Cary Rupert
Hero’s profession: General practitioner
Conflict: He wants her but she’s a shy widow who’s never had an orgasm.
Main plot: She mistakenly think...more
Writerlibrarian
I read the short novella "One Wilde Week-end" which is #6 in Janelle Denison's Wilde Series. What a waste. This was the ultimate jumble of clichés that I find boring, uninteresting. Bottom line it's boring, very boring, 43 pages of boring, uninspired, badly written sex scenes (2, one in a commercial airplane), how to turn a somewhat interesting lead male character into a boring, I will "cure" you of your emotional insecurities (in 2 days no less) through submissive sex (complete with bondage and...more
Tia
Another awesome anthology. All the story are short, light heartening and funny as hell. I couldn't help smiling and laughing my way through the novel. They are truly a delight to read, all these authors have major talent.
Laurie Gold
Some Like it Hot - C+
One Wilde Weekend - B-
Blue Crush - B
My Thief - B-
Hot and Bothered - C+
Murphy's Law - B+
Season
Good stories. Liked the first and last best, but all were enjoyable to read.
Wendy
Cindy
Contemporary romance anthology. As usual, waaay too many authors stuffed into 1 book. I was all set to give this book 1 star, that's how much I thought of these stories. There IS 1 good one in the whole book.

Lori Foster - 1 star. Now don't get me wrong, I like LF stories...USUALLY. This one is a stinker she must have typed out in 1 day.
#1 - I don't know if Lori has been to the Dr lately, but since the late 80's nurses have worn SCRUBS. Not "crisp white uniforms". Hospital nurses, office nurs...more
Gail
It took me a long time to finish this one, mainly due to reading 3 books at the same time, a new kitten in the house and who kept me busy, and basically because the stories weren't quite as good at the others in this series of loosely connected anthologies. I kept to it due to wanting to read everything in Denison's "Wilde" series but the rest of the stories were just meh. I need to get back to historical romances. I've been reading a LOT of hot, erotic anthologies lately.
Dana
I read this book years ago so my memory of it is very hazy. I know I read this because of the Lori Foster story and I'm pretty sure this is the book that got me hooked on MaryJanice Davidson. The other stories I don't recall but with this many short stories you can't go wrong.
Amelia-Irene
I intially got this book for two of the six authors - Lori Foster & MaryJanice Davidson. I had read some Janelle Denison, but don't recall if I'd read any of Erin McCarthy, Morgan Leigh, or Kayla Perrin before. This has some interesting short stories and per usual I laughed through most of MaryJanice Davidson's story, Lori Foster's story of how a former playboy type who has now found the woman of his dreams convinces her that he's serious. The other four are interesting, but I found easy to...more
Shannon Cheatham
3 for Lori

3 for Janelle

4 for Erin

3 for MaryJanice

3 for Kayla

4 for Morgan
Deb
NEVER FAILS, EACH OF THE STORIES ABOUT THE WILDE MEN (AND OTHERS)ARE AWESOME!! A MUST READ SERIES!
Valancy
Read & rated -

- Some Like It Hot - Lori Foster. 3 stars.

- Blue Crush - Erin McCarthy. 3 stars. Dr Sara Davis's story. Character also in Erin McCarthy's book "Houston, We Have A Problem".

- Murphy's Law - Morgan Leigh. 2.5 stars.

Didn't finish -

- One Wilde Weekend - Janelle Denison
- My Thief - Mary Janice Davidson
- Hot & Bothered - Kayla Perrin
Dawn ♥ romance
Six short steamy stories. Each story was only about 45 pages with hefty sex scenes so it didn't leave much room for plot. Therefore, I preferred the 'they just met' stories of Erin McCarthy and MaryJanice Davison. The other 'repressed love fulfilled' stories spent too much time explaining history of relationship.
Colleen
A little too over the top in the romance department for my tastes. I liked the story by Erin McCarthy and one other (Murphy's Law) but the rest were just too much.
Tilequa

I read Erin mccarthys story and it was great.. About the girl losing her bikini top on the beach and doing with the lifeguard in a shed lol...
I read the last story it was good about the girl being in love with her boss..so she quits her job and he follows
Noor
Some like it hot, By Lori Foster - 3 STARS
One wilde Weekend, By Janelle Denison - 2 STARS
Blue Cruch, By Erin McCarthy - 5 STARS
My Thief, By MaryJanice Davidson - 5 STARS
Hot and bothered, By Kayla Perrin - 3 STARS
Murphy's law, By Morgan Leigh - 4 STARS
Sharon
These are more like excerpts than full short stories, but don't let that fool you. They are still very enjoyable stories with sweet, hot men and steamy scenes! Just as the title suggests, this is a great book for vacation!
Sandra DS
I thought it was just an ok book. Some of the stories were real page turners, some not so much... I would still recommend for a vaca book, I luv the short story format, it was really perfect for the beach... :)
Eli
Wasn't expecting much & this delivered that. It is a story collection that should be read on the beach...something to read in between actual activities. Really disliked the Kayle Perrin selection.
Nicole
Wow. Talk about HOT, LOL. These authors threw together some firey little stories here. I usually don't really read short stories, but I made an exception for this book. =)
Kristen
Aug 20, 2010 Kristen marked it as 2010-books  ·  review of another edition
very steamy. It really was perfect for the beach. I liked the short story thing so I wasn't tied down to one thing while reading this on vacation.
Jessica Alcazar
12/21/12: SO far, Denison's story was awesome! When I finish here Wilde series I will read the rest of the Anthology and update you :)
Kathy Davie

Morgan Leigh's Murphy's Law was sweet.
Erin McCarthy's Blue Crush was sweet too.
Kayla Perrin's Hot and bothered was sweet.
Christy Stewart
This book was just not for me. I don't see the sun let alone the beach...that should have been my first clue.
Patrice
  • Bad Boys With Expensive Toys
  • How To Be A Wicked Woman
  • Merry Christmas, Baby
  • Men at Work
  • Bad Boys Next Exit (Includes: Men of Rogues Hollow, #2)
  • Bad Boys Over Easy
  • Beach Blanket Bad Boys
  • All Through The Night (Brava Girlfriends #1)
  • Stroke of Midnight
Obsession Getting Even Getting Some We'll Never Tell The Sisters of Theta Phi Kappa: A Novel