Start by marking “My Brother, Ant” as Want to Read:
My Brother, Ant

My Brother, Ant

3.69 of 5 stars 3.69  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Meet Ant, the little brother who?s big on laughs. In four upbeat stories, Ant and his big brother confront the monster under the bed, recreate the story of the three little pigs, and write a letter to Santa?in July! Sometimes funny, always endearing, Ant is invariably entertaining.?A great storyteller and a great illustrator are at their very best in this tender, funny eas ...more
Published January 1st 1998 by Penguin Young Readers (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about My Brother, Ant, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Brother, Ant

Huong
Katie Fitzgerald
Since this is a “transitional reader” it includes a lot of dialogue, which makes room for subtle character development that might not otherwise make it into such a short and simple story. I also noticed a distinct lack of contractions, which makes the writing seem stilted in some places, but also keeps new readers focused on the plot and vocabulary of the story without tripping them up with yet another new function of language. I really like the fact that the events of the story also involve rea ...more
Dolly
Mar 21, 2011 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Four fun short stories about two brothers who get along, but in the usual antagonistic, but loving way. Each story is distinct, so the book could easily be broken up and read at separate times. I love that the two brothers read stories together, too. We enjoyed listening to this book narrated aloud by Bonnie Kelly-Young while we followed along with the book. We borrowed this book as a kit from our library, with an audio CD and a paperback book with ISBN 014038345X.
Stephanie Jobe
This series of stories told from the perspective of Ant’s older brother is a wonderful portrayal of what it is to be a sibling. I was a younger so it was kind of a fun thing to see it from the eyes of the other. The stories range from humorous to sweet but in a way they all say something about what it is to be a kid. Once again timeless illustrations: these kids could be kids in any year and the imaginative moments just make you giggle.
Kjartan A.
This was a book with several stories about Ant and his brothers. I found it a little boring, but the langauge was easy and therefore maybe I could use this book in my classroom with the oldest students. I think maybe they would find it more interesting than me!
Such a sweet sibling (brothers) story for beginning readers. The kids who enjoy this book will likely grow into reading and liking the Fudge books someday. Are there more Ant books... I have to find out!
Isabel
I liked it because when I was little I used to annoy my brother and I used to be scared at night because I thought there was a monster under my bed.

My favorite character is Ant.
Kirei
This was a sweet book about two brothers. I especially liked the part at the end where Ant ("Anthony") writes a thank you letter to Santa in July.
Katielibrary
this book reminds me of my boys-I love seeing them be sweet to eachother. even if they do bug eachother most of the time.
Cute children's book.
Jenny
Jenny marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Maura
Maura marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Maria Aguirre
Maria Aguirre marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Kate
Kate added it
Mar 12, 2015
Amealer
Amealer marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
Samar
Samar marked it as to-read
Nov 24, 2014
Lori
Lori added it
Jul 29, 2014
Eugene
Eugene marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
James Kirkpatrick
James Kirkpatrick marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Aiza Medez
Aiza Medez marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Betsy Byars has written over sixty books for young people. Her first published in 1962 and since then she has published regularly. Her books have been translated into nineteen languages and she gets thousands of letters from readers in the United States and from all over the world.

She has won many awards. Among them are the Newbery Medal in 1971 for her novel The Summer of the Swans, the American
More about Betsy Byars...
The Summer of the Swans The Pinballs Tornado The Midnight Fox The SOS File