Start by marking “Dykes to Watch Out For: The Sequel (DtWOF, #4)” as Want to Read:
Dykes to Watch Out For: The Sequel (DtWOF, #4)

Dykes to Watch Out For: The Sequel (Dykes to Watch Out For #4)

Grin, giggle, and guffaw your way through this celebrated cartoonist's graphic commentary of contemporary lesbian life.
Published February 1st 1992 by Firebrand Books

To ask other readers questions about Dykes to Watch Out For, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dykes to Watch Out For

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah WatersFingersmith by Sarah WatersAnnie on My Mind by Nancy GardenKeeping You a Secret by Julie Anne PetersFried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
Best Lesbian Fiction
361st out of 1,320 books — 1,651 voters
Fun Home by Alison BechdelThe Essential Dykes to Watch Out For by Alison BechdelLe bleu est une couleur chaude by Julie MarohAre You My Mother? by Alison BechdelBatwoman by Greg Rucka
Best Lesbian Graphic Novels
72nd out of 145 books — 129 voters

More lists with this book...

Mel
Jun 10, 2012 Mel rated it it was amazing
I'm liking the full version so much more than the "essential" added storylines, particularly the shrink, are great. I also really like how it gives you much more of a sense of place and time with all the added details. The Serial monogamy story at the end is also really great! Very glad I was able to find the original books versus the collection.
HeavyReader
Jul 06, 2007 HeavyReader rated it liked it
There was a time in my life when I spoke about the characters in these comics--Mo, Toni, Clarice, Sparrow, and all the rest--as if they were real people, as if they were my friends. That fact speaks to how real and how great both the writing and art are.
Ricky
Apr 11, 2011 Ricky rated it it was amazing
I'm probably going to give the same review to all of Bechdel's Dykes to Watch Out For.
hilarious, relevant, and political
Julie Rylie
Feb 22, 2015 Julie Rylie rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphics
I've been reading DTWOF in a totally random way, first from the middle, then from the end, then to the beginning. It just have to do with their availability in the library. but it looks like I'll never get my hands on the #1 and #5 book coz they don't have it ='( And the last one I am definitely going to order.

Anyway reading this one makes you have an insight of how this characters really come to life after all those years, they really grow older and more mature. I love Alison Bechdel more than
Annie
May 04, 2014 Annie rated it it was amazing
Quick read with a lot of interesting talking points and views of not only sexuality, but what it means to be a woman, and to be a lesbian. Really amusing and enjoyable at the same time.
Misha
Jul 10, 2008 Misha rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this, but it is depressing to read about the politics of 1990 and see that little or nothing has changed. Here is an example of a political harague that the character Mo goes on: "...And so Bush and his bloodthirsty buddies in the defense biz can play 'whose is bigger' in the Persian Gulf, and prove that we need even more money for military spending! And look at this! The media don't even question what we're doing over there! They just whip everyone into a frenzy over 'protecting ...more
Leah Horlick
Jan 07, 2013 Leah Horlick rated it it was amazing
So I own the Collected DTWOF, but I found this in a used bookstore in Saskatoon and have vowed to collect as many of the original comics as possible -- there are some strips that were left out in the anthology. This particular one has a side strip by Bechdel called "Serial Monogamy" which I especially enjoyed/overidentified with as per usual.
Brian
Aug 27, 2013 Brian rated it liked it
a good gay read, even if you're not gay. i did, however, resent the implication in the short "serial monogamy" that only lesbians are part of a great social experiment to transcend outmoded behavioral paradigms. i'm pretty sure the whole LGBT community is a part of that much-vaunted experiment.
Maximilian Klein
Mar 21, 2013 Maximilian Klein rated it liked it
Bechdel strains her characters through understanding their own internalized logic of oppression even after their supposed awakenings. That is a good way to keep new readers interested without having to understand back plots. Each strip entertaining even if it turns slice of life if not punchy.
Jocelyn Beane
Sep 23, 2015 Jocelyn Beane rated it it was amazing
all i can think about is that i want to read more
Strawny
Aug 05, 2008 Strawny rated it it was amazing
My daughter bought this whole series and now I'm addicted. It's like the Archies of Lesbian culture. Now I am going to need a TV series to keep it going because I'm about to read the last one!
Daliah
Daliah marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2016
Piotr Kowal
Piotr Kowal marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Ziggy
Ziggy rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2016
Goddess
Goddess rated it it was amazing
Sep 14, 2016
BB
BB rated it really liked it
Sep 12, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2016
Dale Jackson
Dale Jackson rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Lanika
Lanika rated it it was amazing
Aug 29, 2016
RachyCareBear
RachyCareBear marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
E
E added it
Jul 31, 2016
Margie
Margie marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2016
Jac
Jac marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2016
Loralee
Loralee rated it it was amazing
Jul 28, 2016
Katherine Lee
Katherine Lee marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2016
Ashley Steves
Ashley Steves marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2016
Teresa Avellino
Teresa Avellino marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Sarah Walsh
Sarah Walsh marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Pat Winter
Pat Winter marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
  • The Complete Hothead Paisan: Homicidal Lesbian Terrorist
  • How Loathsome
  • Perla la Loca (Locas, #3)
  • Jokes and the Unconscious: A Graphic Novel
  • Wet Moon Volume 4: Drowned in Evil
  • The Terrible Girls
  • Journey to a Woman
21982
Alison Bechdel is an American cartoonist. Originally best known for the long-running comic strip Dykes To Watch Out For, in 2006 she became a best-selling and critically acclaimed author with her graphic memoir Fun Home.
More about Alison Bechdel...

Dykes to Watch Out For (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #1)
  • More Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #2)
  • New, Improved! Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #3)
  • Spawn of Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #5)
  • Unnatural Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #6)
  • Hot, Throbbing Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #7)
  • Split-Level Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #8)
  • Post Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #9)
  • Dykes and Sundry Other Carbon-Based Life Forms to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #10)
  • Invasion of the Dykes to Watch Out For (DtWOF, #11)