Start by marking “The Backstory to Think Twice” as Want to Read:
The Backstory to Think Twice

The Backstory to Think Twice

3.28 of 5 stars 3.28  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Backstory to Think Twice, a special bonus story.

Is Evil born or bred? Bennie looks exactly like her identical twin, Alice, but the darkness in Alice's soul makes them two very different women. But there are two sides to every story!

Read this story, and then read bestselling author Lisa Scottoline’s explosive novel, Think Twice.

Published December 17th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about The Backstory to Think Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Backstory to Think Twice

Donovan Adams
This short story, which provides background information for the trial case that brought the twins Bennie Rosato and Alice Connelly together, was interesting to read, but was lacking in some areas. First off, there were minor proofreading errors that distracted me, but that is the least problem. Second, the writing style was somewhat different than most of Scottoline's works. It may just be due to the fact that it was a short story, and her writing style works more efficiently for a long novel, b ...more
Lisa
This is a good idea for readers who haven't recently read the earlier books in Scottoline's Rosato & Associates series. It repeats the initial meeting between Bennie Rosato and her evil twin, Alice Connolly, and tells the story of the first meeting from Alice's point of view, which is the only new material in this brief "bonus" book. Then it gives the first chapter or two of Think Twice. It's a good refresher if you don't remember the earlier books in the series; otherwise, just dive into Th ...more
ABookFiend
I am very happy with the honest and upfront advertising of this work being labeled "a backstory" to a full length novel. Do I even need to complain about how I have read something tagged as a short story or novella when it was really just a promotional piece? I am sure others have experienced the same frustration so it was nice to see this piece was properly labeled for us right there in the title. No guesswork involved.

This intro provided an intriguing peek into a the lives of polar opposite tw
Kelley
Well this teaser short story did it's job. It whet my appetite for more. I just put the audio book of Think Twice on hold at the library. So if publishers are wondering if releasing these free short story prequels works to sell more books... Well kind of. LOL book budget quite limited at the moment but if it weren't, yeah I'd be buying instead of using the library. :-)
Katie
Great prequel story to hook your interest. Glad I read Think Twice before this one, because otherwise the cliff hanger would have irritated me. What I really want to read is the story of the trial that happens between this one and the beginning of Think Twice! Once again I find myself liking Alice more than Bennie.
KyBunnies
Nov 13, 2011 KyBunnies rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon.com
This book give the background for the first book in a series or something like that. Sorry but this book did not make me want to buy the Think Twice book. The book just did not interest me enough to wonder what happened to either woman. This was a free book in the Kindle Store.
Elisabeth
It didn't add anything to the main "Think Twice" story. It just reconfirmed that Alice is a manipulator and had been planning to play Bennie since before they met. One good point-it let you know that Bear is a Golden Retriever.
Danielle
This story didn't really add much to the main book, having read that first. Finished it on the train ride into the city.
Claudia
In this short part we get to see how Bennie and Alice met.
Carol
Perfect quick read to become familiar with the characters.
Ellen
Shelleen Toland
Shelleen Toland marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Rachel Oetting
Rachel Oetting marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Feb 18, 2015
Deborah
Deborah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2015
April Vaughn
April Vaughn marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Lisa
Lisa added it
Feb 05, 2015
Shawn
Shawn added it
Jan 30, 2015
Elizabeth Patch
Elizabeth Patch marked it as to-read
Jan 26, 2015
Tiffany
Tiffany marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Susan
Susan marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • Crossing the Line
  • When Night Falls
  • Chinatown Beat
  • The Next Big Thing
  • Mania
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • Watchlist: A Serial Thriller
  • The God's Wife
  • Blood of the Wicked
  • Shadow Touch (Shadow Touch, #1)
  • Northfield
  • Crush (Karen Vail #2)
Look Again Save Me Come Home Don't Go Think Twice (Rosato & Associates, #11)