Start by marking “The Backstory to Think Twice” as Want to Read:
The Backstory to Think Twice

The Backstory to Think Twice

The Backstory to Think Twice, a special bonus story.

Is Evil born or bred? Bennie looks exactly like her identical twin, Alice, but the darkness in Alice's soul makes them two very different women. But there are two sides to every story!

Read this story, and then read bestselling author Lisa Scottoline's explosive novel, Think Twice.
Published December 17th 2010 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about The Backstory to Think Twice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Backstory to Think Twice

ABookFiend
Nov 12, 2011 ABookFiend rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am very happy with the honest and upfront advertising of this work being labeled "a backstory" to a full length novel. Do I even need to complain about how I have read something tagged as a short story or novella when it was really just a promotional piece? I am sure others have experienced the same frustration so it was nice to see this piece was properly labeled for us right there in the title. No guesswork involved.

This intro provided an intriguing peek into a the lives of polar opposite tw
Donovan Adams
Feb 22, 2011 Donovan Adams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This short story, which provides background information for the trial case that brought the twins Bennie Rosato and Alice Connelly together, was interesting to read, but was lacking in some areas. First off, there were minor proofreading errors that distracted me, but that is the least problem. Second, the writing style was somewhat different than most of Scottoline's works. It may just be due to the fact that it was a short story, and her writing style works more efficiently for a long novel, b ...more
Lisa
Jan 31, 2014 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scottoline
This is a good idea for readers who haven't recently read the earlier books in Scottoline's Rosato & Associates series. It repeats the initial meeting between Bennie Rosato and her evil twin, Alice Connolly, and tells the story of the first meeting from Alice's point of view, which is the only new material in this brief "bonus" book. Then it gives the first chapter or two of Think Twice. It's a good refresher if you don't remember the earlier books in the series; otherwise, just dive into Th ...more
Nicole
Oct 22, 2014 Nicole rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - This was a Kindle Freebie. The first part tells the meeting between Bennie and Alice from both their points of view, then it includes the first 2 chapters from the book. It was interesting reading about their meeting from their opposites viewpoints and opposing personalities. I read this book a while ago, so it was a good refresher into the characters. It's basically like the extras on a movie DVD, a deleted scene.
Kelley
Well this teaser short story did it's job. It whet my appetite for more. I just put the audio book of Think Twice on hold at the library. So if publishers are wondering if releasing these free short story prequels works to sell more books... Well kind of. LOL book budget quite limited at the moment but if it weren't, yeah I'd be buying instead of using the library. :-)
Katie
Jul 07, 2011 Katie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great prequel story to hook your interest. Glad I read Think Twice before this one, because otherwise the cliff hanger would have irritated me. What I really want to read is the story of the trial that happens between this one and the beginning of Think Twice! Once again I find myself liking Alice more than Bennie.
Elisabeth
Sep 04, 2012 Elisabeth rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It didn't add anything to the main "Think Twice" story. It just reconfirmed that Alice is a manipulator and had been planning to play Bennie since before they met. One good point-it let you know that Bear is a Golden Retriever.
KyBunnies
Nov 13, 2011 KyBunnies rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No One
Recommended to KyBunnies by: Amazon.com
This book give the background for the first book in a series or something like that. Sorry but this book did not make me want to buy the Think Twice book. The book just did not interest me enough to wonder what happened to either woman. This was a free book in the Kindle Store.
Claudia (CJ)
In this short part we get to see how Bennie and Alice met.
Ellen
Danielle
Mar 25, 2011 Danielle rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebooks
This story didn't really add much to the main book, having read that first. Finished it on the train ride into the city.
Beatriz Brunaczki
Beatriz Brunaczki rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2011
Julie
Julie rated it did not like it
Feb 15, 2016
Nina Flannery
Nina Flannery rated it really liked it
Mar 29, 2015
Tonya
Tonya rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2014
Toni Saunders
Toni Saunders rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
P.A. Glaspy
P.A. Glaspy rated it it was ok
Oct 11, 2016
Sophia
Sophia rated it liked it
Sep 19, 2011
Amanda Cole
Amanda Cole rated it really liked it
Jan 14, 2014
Ginny
Ginny rated it really liked it
Oct 14, 2012
Cindy
Cindy rated it liked it
Feb 22, 2011
Carol Mihulka
Carol Mihulka rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2017
Shaneka
Shaneka rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2011
Debie Douglas
Debie Douglas rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2013
Carol
May 18, 2014 Carol rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Perfect quick read to become familiar with the characters.
Brian Peters
Brian Peters rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Laury Phelps
Laury Phelps rated it did not like it
Jan 26, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it really liked it
Nov 27, 2014
Annr
Annr rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Huckleberry Finished (A Delilah Dickinson Literary Tour Mystery, #2)
  • Get Some
  • Retirementology: Rethinking the American Dream in a New Economy
  • Chinatown Beat (A Detective Jack Yu Investigation #1)
  • In the Light of You
  • Silent Screams
  • Grace (Virtue, #1)
  • When Night Falls
  • Fun Facts about Pets
  • Summer of Fire (Yellowstone, #1)
  • Mourn The Living
  • Sarah's Diary
  • Moscow Sting (Anna Resnikov, #2)
  • Watchlist
  • Northfield
  • The Ascent
  • Hunt at the Well of Eternity (Gabriel Hunt, #1)
  • Kell's Legend (Clockwork Vampire Chronicles, #1)
20258
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 28 novels, including her latest, ONE PERFECT LIE, which releases in April 2017. Her previous emotional thriller, MOST WANTED, has been optioned for a TV series. Lisa also co-authors a bestselling series of humorous memoir with her daughter, Francesca Serritella, which is based on their weekly Philadelphia In ...more
More about Lisa Scottoline...