Start by marking “Lucidity” as Want to Read:
Lucidity

Lucidity

EDGE OF SHADOWS: The Shadow Ops Finale

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author CJ Lyons comes the long awaited conclusion of her Shadow Ops trilogy:

They hide in the shadows to protect our country…can they protect their hearts?
Published (first published November 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lucidity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucidity

Jo Ann Reinhold
Apr 21, 2015 Jo Ann Reinhold rated it it was amazing
I see where a lot of people have given this lower ratings but I have to tell you I really loved this book! Paranormal? Love Story? Thriller? Why yes, all of the above and beautifully told. This book weaves so many elements together, slowly, piece by piece bringing the characters together to an ending I was not ready for! I say Good Job C.J. Lyons!
April
Feb 24, 2011 April rated it it was amazing
LUCIDITY by C.J.Lyons is an amazing medical thriller/suspense with paranormal tendencies set in present day Pittsbough,PA. It is written with twist,turns,depth,details and medical complexity.It has good versus evil,passion,illness,medical,time travel,love,death,happiness,sorrow,passion,friendship,an ancient Irish Queen,an experimental drug,Lucidine, ghosts, fear,hope,horror,romance,suspense, children battling illness,and a love that transcends time and eternity.Choices will have to be made and b ...more
Vivian
Oct 24, 2011 Vivian rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal suspense readers
Grace Moran is a widow and an agoraphobic. Her only desire is to leave the hospital and return home. This isn't possible because she has a brain tumor, appears to have suffered a seizure and blacked out and requires medical treatment. Grace isn't sure what is going on at the hospital, but she knows she may not make it out alive. Drs. Eve Warden and Jonas Helman appear to only want to help, and feel that their new drug protocol is exactly what Grace needs for her surgery to be a success. There's ...more
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
Apr 01, 2012 Tracey Cramer-Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: medical-drama
CJ Lyons is a terrific medical suspense writer, which is one of my favorite genres (and I incorporate elements of medical suspense into my novels as well).

With Lucidity, Lyons has injected the paranormal element into medical suspense. Usually paranormal is not my thing. But CJ Lyons has never let me down, so off I went on my Kindle.

If this had NOT been CJ Lyons, I might not have re-opened this novel when I took a break at about 29 percent (weird that we now refer to book locations this way, as o
Heidi Tieman
Aug 18, 2013 Heidi Tieman rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-books
Welcome to the Freak Show, the Extended Care Unit, with its sweet scent of carnations and lilies. The too sweet smell of death and the beast that lives within. At first, I was a bit confused as to where everything was leading and how the characters were going to come together. Once it all starts to lock in place you can't stop. The plot is truly inventive and riveting. Dr. Eve Warden, the "Wicked Witch", tries to project the ECU as Never Neverland, where dreams come true due to her miracle drug ...more
Paula  Phillips
Lucidity or as it is now known Torn Apart is a novel that contains something for everyone from the Medical side of things which is one of the main basis for the story and the setting as we are introduced to Grace Monroe, a former doctor who now has a brain tumor and also is being manipulated into being part of a drug trial called Luicidine. An historical novel as she tells the story of how Grace meet Jimmy and the search for Maeve's grave as this is the tale that she tells the children in the ho ...more
Heather
Feb 27, 2013 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
Ding
Sep 04, 2012 Ding rated it liked it
I think this book wanted to say a lot of things and ended up saying something in general in effect. It lacked a bit of focus and sometimes the jump from ancient times to a modern flashback confused me a bit. But one thing nice about this one is that it certainly captures your attention I think mainly because of the characters that Doc. Lyons created in this book you empathize with them and you want to know what happens to them in the end. You care to know what happens about the love story, and y ...more
Tanja
Mar 03, 2011 Tanja rated it it was amazing
This was one of the best books I've read this year. It was inputdownable. This is a medical suspense filled with love, evil, time travel, myth and medical controversy, bravery and cowardice. There was medical and historical information that wasn't over my head. The pace was fast but not hurried. The characters had personality, good, bad or otherwise. The story was filled with twists and turns, that kept me on my toes. Needless to say I loved this book. I recommend it to anyone, don't let the med ...more
Alyssa White
Jan 22, 2014 Alyssa White rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It took me way to long to finish this amazing book. I enjoyed nearly every bit and piece of this book. All the characters are great and the author really did their research in developing the story. There is one personal thing I would change in the story but I cannot tell because it would be a spoiler. Over all I love this read.
Cindy Jacobson
May 05, 2013 Cindy Jacobson rated it liked it
I have really liked CJ Lyon's other books, but this one was all over the place. First, it was a genre which is not my favorite (fantasy). It was about a woman named Grace, her dead husband, Jimmy, two ill children, an evil doctor, and a fight between good and evil. It was hard to determine if Leo is the devil who is trying to manipulate the future. Free will also appears to have a role.
Cindy
Feb 21, 2013 Cindy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
Another excellent read by C.J. Lyons! This was a very fast paced suspense novel. I love to read medical thrillers and this one even had some paranormal to it making an even more exciting and interesting book!
Stephanie
Nov 18, 2011 Stephanie rated it it was ok
I'm a big of C.J. Lyons, really enjoyed her Angel of Mercy series and her standalone, Snake Skin. However, Lucidity just didn't seem to work for me. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this kind of story.
Maya
Feb 20, 2013 Maya rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
I felt for Grace so strongly. Her ache of loneliness and longing for her dead husband was so strong. I loved the hospital kids too. The paranormal elements are strong and creepy. A great read. I couldn't put it down.
Becki Miller
Mar 09, 2015 Becki Miller rated it it was ok
Confusing is THE only word for this book. Can't believe I stuck it out to the end. I love each of the characters but they didn't go well together. They never clicked. I would probably read about each of them but separately.
Pamela
Apr 12, 2013 Pamela rated it it was ok
This book was just strange. It was a strange combination of a love story, medical thriller, and supernatural mystery. The characters and setting were over the top and not realistic. It didn't keep my attention at all and I gave up on it half way through.
Robbie
Jul 13, 2013 Robbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-e-book, lendable
This is my first C.J.Lyons read. Not a fan of flashbacks; I think they often detract from the story line, but this was a good book in spite of the flashbacks. A good amount of action, suspense, romance.
Michelle
Jan 19, 2012 Michelle rated it really liked it
A change of writing style for Ms. Lyons but was very good!! The story keeps you involved with the medical drama along with the evilness and time travel. Would recommend to others.
Dana
Jan 31, 2014 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is now called Torn Apart and is really great, so I recommend this to anyone wondering what to read next.
Kimberlie
Stopped reading at 19%.

I was looking forward to a medical thriller with paranormal undertones, but page after page I just could not stay interested.
sandra
Oct 20, 2016 sandra rated it it was amazing
Good book

Another interesting read kept me hooked all the way thru the book wish the ending had been a little different
Trish Nelson
Apr 28, 2013 Trish Nelson rated it it was amazing
A very engrossing book - different than Lyons other books but I enjoyed it very much. Worth the read!
Innerdiva1
Mar 22, 2012 Innerdiva1 rated it really liked it
This book was strange ... but I'll admit from the first page I couldn't put it down. It did keep me guessing and it combined some of the genres I loved best. I REALLY enjoyed it!
Aissa
Mar 11, 2013 Aissa rated it liked it
I had a hard time following the events. I'm going to re-read it after Lover at Last.
HIEU SIKORA
HIEU SIKORA rated it it was ok
Nov 27, 2016
Pam Stack
Pam Stack rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Glenda Christianson
Glenda Christianson rated it really liked it
Jul 21, 2013
Carol and Gary Curtis
Carol and Gary Curtis rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2013
Laurie
Laurie rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2013
Laura rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Mindbenders
  • Seraphim
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • Trusting Evil
  • Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)
  • Race Traitor
  • Winter's Destiny
  • Under-Heaven
  • The Man Who Built the World
  • No Shelter (Holly Lin, #1)
  • 65 Below
  • The Sholes Key (Evans and Blackwell Mystery #1)
  • Let Me Out
  • Never Back Down
  • Amanda's Eyes (A.J. Gregson)
  • Perfect Evil
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Haunted: Ten Tales of Ghosts
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of over thirty novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Two times winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "r
More about C.J. Lyons...