Start by marking “Lucidity” as Want to Read:
Lucidity

Lucidity

3.55 of 5 stars 3.55  ·  rating details  ·  152 ratings  ·  23 reviews
EDGE OF SHADOWS: The Shadow Ops Finale

From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author CJ Lyons comes the long awaited conclusion of her Shadow Ops trilogy:

They hide in the shadows to protect our country…can they protect their hearts?
Published (first published November 21st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Lucidity, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lucidity

April
LUCIDITY by C.J.Lyons is an amazing medical thriller/suspense with paranormal tendencies set in present day Pittsbough,PA. It is written with twist,turns,depth,details and medical complexity.It has good versus evil,passion,illness,medical,time travel,love,death,happiness,sorrow,passion,friendship,an ancient Irish Queen,an experimental drug,Lucidine, ghosts, fear,hope,horror,romance,suspense, children battling illness,and a love that transcends time and eternity.Choices will have to be made and b ...more
Paula  Phillips
Lucidity or as it is now known Torn Apart is a novel that contains something for everyone from the Medical side of things which is one of the main basis for the story and the setting as we are introduced to Grace Monroe, a former doctor who now has a brain tumor and also is being manipulated into being part of a drug trial called Luicidine. An historical novel as she tells the story of how Grace meet Jimmy and the search for Maeve's grave as this is the tale that she tells the children in the ho ...more
Tracey Cramer-Kelly
CJ Lyons is a terrific medical suspense writer, which is one of my favorite genres (and I incorporate elements of medical suspense into my novels as well).

With Lucidity, Lyons has injected the paranormal element into medical suspense. Usually paranormal is not my thing. But CJ Lyons has never let me down, so off I went on my Kindle.

If this had NOT been CJ Lyons, I might not have re-opened this novel when I took a break at about 29 percent (weird that we now refer to book locations this way, as o
Vivian
Oct 24, 2011 Vivian rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: paranormal suspense readers
Grace Moran is a widow and an agoraphobic. Her only desire is to leave the hospital and return home. This isn't possible because she has a brain tumor, appears to have suffered a seizure and blacked out and requires medical treatment. Grace isn't sure what is going on at the hospital, but she knows she may not make it out alive. Drs. Eve Warden and Jonas Helman appear to only want to help, and feel that their new drug protocol is exactly what Grace needs for her surgery to be a success. There's ...more
Heather
Heidi Tieman mclennan
Welcome to the Freak Show, the Extended Care Unit, with its sweet scent of carnations and lilies. The too sweet smell of death and the beast that lives within. At first, I was a bit confused as to where everything was leading and how the characters were going to come together. Once it all starts to lock in place you can't stop. The plot is truly inventive and riveting. Dr. Eve Warden, the "Wicked Witch", tries to project the ECU as Never Neverland, where dreams come true due to her miracle drug ...more
Ding
I think this book wanted to say a lot of things and ended up saying something in general in effect. It lacked a bit of focus and sometimes the jump from ancient times to a modern flashback confused me a bit. But one thing nice about this one is that it certainly captures your attention I think mainly because of the characters that Doc. Lyons created in this book you empathize with them and you want to know what happens to them in the end. You care to know what happens about the love story, and y ...more
Tanja
This was one of the best books I've read this year. It was inputdownable. This is a medical suspense filled with love, evil, time travel, myth and medical controversy, bravery and cowardice. There was medical and historical information that wasn't over my head. The pace was fast but not hurried. The characters had personality, good, bad or otherwise. The story was filled with twists and turns, that kept me on my toes. Needless to say I loved this book. I recommend it to anyone, don't let the med ...more
Cindy Jacobson
I have really liked CJ Lyon's other books, but this one was all over the place. First, it was a genre which is not my favorite (fantasy). It was about a woman named Grace, her dead husband, Jimmy, two ill children, an evil doctor, and a fight between good and evil. It was hard to determine if Leo is the devil who is trying to manipulate the future. Free will also appears to have a role.
Alyssa White
It took me way to long to finish this amazing book. I enjoyed nearly every bit and piece of this book. All the characters are great and the author really did their research in developing the story. There is one personal thing I would change in the story but I cannot tell because it would be a spoiler. Over all I love this read.
Pamela
This book was just strange. It was a strange combination of a love story, medical thriller, and supernatural mystery. The characters and setting were over the top and not realistic. It didn't keep my attention at all and I gave up on it half way through.
Stephanie
I'm a big of C.J. Lyons, really enjoyed her Angel of Mercy series and her standalone, Snake Skin. However, Lucidity just didn't seem to work for me. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for this kind of story.
Maya
Feb 20, 2013 Maya rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
I felt for Grace so strongly. Her ache of loneliness and longing for her dead husband was so strong. I loved the hospital kids too. The paranormal elements are strong and creepy. A great read. I couldn't put it down.
Cindy
Feb 21, 2013 Cindy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2013
Another excellent read by C.J. Lyons! This was a very fast paced suspense novel. I love to read medical thrillers and this one even had some paranormal to it making an even more exciting and interesting book!
Robbie
This is my first C.J.Lyons read. Not a fan of flashbacks; I think they often detract from the story line, but this was a good book in spite of the flashbacks. A good amount of action, suspense, romance.
Michelle
A change of writing style for Ms. Lyons but was very good!! The story keeps you involved with the medical drama along with the evilness and time travel. Would recommend to others.
Innerdiva1
This book was strange ... but I'll admit from the first page I couldn't put it down. It did keep me guessing and it combined some of the genres I loved best. I REALLY enjoyed it!
Kimberlie
Stopped reading at 19%.

I was looking forward to a medical thriller with paranormal undertones, but page after page I just could not stay interested.
Dana
This book is now called Torn Apart and is really great, so I recommend this to anyone wondering what to read next.
Trish Nelson
A very engrossing book - different than Lyons other books but I enjoyed it very much. Worth the read!
Aissa
I had a hard time following the events. I'm going to re-read it after Lover at Last.
Theresa
Excellent book. A lot of twists and turns and a surprise ending.
Chris Mclean
Love story, medical drama AND ghost story all in one!

Monika Vuic
Monika Vuic marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Venece
Venece marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Lorraine Bennett
Lorraine Bennett marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
  • Seraphim
  • Never Back Down
  • Mindbenders
  • Winter's Destiny
  • Perfect Evil
  • We All Fall Down
  • The Prophet Motive
  • Deadly Night (Ghosthunters 101, #1)
  • 65 Below
  • The Sholes Key: An Evans and Blackwell Mystery (Book #1)
  • The Storm Killer
  • NorthWest (John Hazard, #2)
  • A Touch of Deceit
  • Vigilante (Vigilante, #1)
  • No Shelter (Holly Lin, #1)
  • Cedardale Court
  • Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)
  • Thirst
1993037
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-one novels, former pediatric ER doctor CJ Lyons has lived the life she writes about in her cutting edge Thrillers with Heart.

Winner of the International Thriller Writers coveted Thriller Award, CJ has been called a "master within the genre" (Pittsburgh Magazine) and her work has been praised as "breathtakingly fast-paced" and "riveting" (P
More about C.J. Lyons...
Snake Skin (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller, #1) Blind Faith (Caitlyn Tierney FBI Thriller, #1) Nerves of Steel (Hart and Drake, #1) Broken Borrowed Time