The Kid Who Became President (Kid President, #2)

The Kid Who Became President (The Kid Who Ran for President #2)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  500 ratings  ·  46 reviews
Just in time for election season, Dan Gutman's hugely popular sequal to THE KID WHO RAN FOR PRESIDENT is back. Humor, adventure, and excitement will draw kids into the world of white house politics.

Judson Moon has done a big flip-flop. Immediately after being elected President of the United States, he resigned. Now, after a heart-to-heart with his running mate (and ex-baby...more
Published October 1st 2000 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 1999)

Jonny99
The nuclear codes thing kind of seeps the fun of it. The fantasy of having a 12 year old President gets popped pretty early in the proceedings in this inevitable follow-up to The Kid Who Ran For President when our protagonist President Moon lose track of the nuclear codes. One imagines the kid hitting puberty with such power and it becomes clear why we elect only those of at least 35 years. Moon's adventures as POTUS are mildly amusing although often a downer as he faces loneliness and the overw...more
Kristian
this book is about a kid who became president and at first he did not want to take the job because he was to young and he did not want to take all the work. so he was in alot but this jib was big to him because he went from a nobody to the biggest person in the world. he takes the job finally and lives his life with some regrets but all the girls who did not like him now love him but he know that they want to us him for his power but hes not stupid.
i can conncect this to my life beecause i had...more
Erin
It was interesting and very funny! In this book a boy is president and discovers how much hard work is needed to be president. He even invites his class to visit the White House. This book is a sequel to the kid who ran for president.
Simon
Are you looking for a quick read? Then read The Kid Who Became President by Dan Gutman. It is about this boy named Judson Moon who won the presidential election in the first book of the series. However he decides to resign. The second book starts out that Judson does want to be president after all.

During his presidency Judson learns that he has to make many decisons. One of the decisions he has to make is should he go to war against the country Canatian in order to protect the United States oil...more
Evelynn {The Literary Pianist}
Opening statement from me: I am disappointed.

I read the first book, The Kid Who Ran For President, and I loved it! It was fun, witty, clever, and laugh-out-loud hilarious! So when I found out there was a sequel, I was excited. Before I could check it out at my local library, I located it at a thrift store.

And then I read it. And was very disappointed.

Now, a 12-year-old kid running for President is somehow more believable than a 13-year-old President. If that wasn't enough, then the author threw...more
 Imani ♥ ☮
Wow, I kind of forgot about this book. I didn't finish it anyway but I remember it being decent. I guess I didn't really finish it because I didn't read it's prequel and I wasn't quite sure what they were talking about. What I do remember is this: this boy runs for president and actually does this by changing stuff in the Constitution and everything(or so I read in this book). But anyway that's all in the first book which I didn't even read. So the guy wins the election and is shocked and a litt...more
Mr. Balak
The Kid Who Became President, the sequel of The Kid Who Ran for President, is about thirteen year old Judson Moon who after winning the presidential election decides to resign the same night. That is until the next day when he suddenly has a change of heart and is sworn in as President of the United States after all. During his presidency, Judson learns about the difficulty of leading a nation and obeying the rights written in the Constitution while maintaining popularity with the public people....more
Jonas
The sequel to The Kid Who Ran For President, this story follows the first year in office for now 13-year-old Judson Moon. He has capped off a stunning victory to become president but is learning that the job isn't all he thought it was cracked up to be. His lovable Vice President June Syers is back helping to guide him, but she runs into problems of her own as her relationship with a Secret Service agent goes public.
This series definitely requires you to suspend your disbelief but there is a ch...more
Terry
Little Kid Reaction: This book is one of my personal favorites. I get wrapped up in every page. As an immigrant from India, I love reading a book with a character like me. I have always dreamed of becoming President, and this book always leaves my mind in ecstasy and wonder of a vivid imagination. Moon is just an average teenager and not even that smart, yet he still manages to save the day. Believe it or not even though this seems a children’s book adults can learn a lot from it, too.

To read o...more
Andrew Shin
This book is very interesting and unique. A kid called Moon became the president in United States, the strongest man in the world.
MizziQ
This was a very funny book about (is it that obvious) the kid who became president. This is the book that comes after the kid who ran for president. I like this one even better than the first because of all the fun things he gets to do as president. Although it is not neccecarily a book adults will read it was my favorite when I was 9 and a good read-aloud and also good for kids getting out of relying on you for stories, reading by themselves.
Candice Pedersen
The students really enjoyed this book as well. However, they didn't really like the ending. It kind of leaves them stranded and they all wanted there to be another book. This one is definitely a lot funnier than the first book was and moved quickly. However, I would say that the students enjoyed the first one better, but this was definitely a good book and a quick read aloud.
Olivia
I loved this book. I hadn't read the 1 book in this series so in the begging I was lost. But Dan Gutman sweeped me in and I couldn't stop reading it! When Judson Moon, 12 becomes prez, he loves it. But when an international crisis comes he doesn't know what to do. His talent is playing video games. Can this prez win the video game?
Jaden
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?.
Daniel
I really liked this book because It has alot of interesting things about being in the white house and what it is like to live as a president which is pretty awesome. I reccomend this book to anybody who would like a crazy fun-filled life of a president from a kid's point of view.
HoaiTram Nguyen
This book is so good and funny. it about Moon judson that became a president. he did a lot of amazing thing but in last, he retire. that sad but he said that he learn a lot when he become a president!
Aspen
This is such a good book! Every single part is good! it's about this kid who runs for President! There's a book before this so read that first if you want to! This is a funny and awesome book! READ IT!!!!!
Sue (booknbeachbag)
Interesting book packed with quite a bit of US history type knowledge. Premise is that a 12-year old runs for president - and wins. He doesn't seem to accomplish much until the 11th month of his presidency.
Mrs.
Feb 16, 2011 Mrs. rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: humor
This book was just to funny. It is loaded with humor that kids and adults will both enjoy. It does have it's believable series side and you will be shocked how our main character stops WWIII
Sara Drazkowski
The sequel to The Kid Who Ran For President, about Moon's time after winning the election. Like the first book, while funny, it is also very informative about the president's job and can/cannots.
Erin Smith
It happened! A kid became president!
President Moon had no idea how hard it would to be president! Weather it's dealing with his first lady, foreign countries, or the citizens of the USA!
Jordan arieno
I just finished the book The Kid Who Became President. Its one of the best books Ive ever read. My favorite part is when vp syers is caught kissing the head of sicerity cheaf honeywell
Theo
This book is VERY comical. I love this book. It is one of the funniest books that i've read. The plot is awesome, and the characters are cool too. BEST BOOK EVER!!!!!!!
Julia
This book has a series of three, The kid who ran for president, the kid who became president, and (I forget the last one.)I didn't read the others though.
Chris
May 01, 2008 Chris rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anybody
Shelves: done-reading
sequal to "the kid who ran for president". Judson moon becames elected for president. He fights dictators from other countries.
Lauren
i liked the first book better. still fun, though, and a good way for kids to understand the US government a bit better.
Mickey
Oct 17, 2008 Mickey added it
a really good book i learned that kids can ran for president and they would make a way better one then McCain or obama
Giggles524
The sequel to "The Kid Who Ran for President." It was really good and just as enjoyable as the first one!
Ryan
very good books. a little suspenseful with comedy and action a definite good read for kids, ages 8-12.
  • Riley Mack and the Other Known Troublemakers
  • The Dragon Prophecy (Kingdom of Fantasy #4)
  • The Big Time (Football Genius, #4)
  • Being Lara: A Novel
  • Super Schnoz and the Gates of Smell
  • 3 Below (Floors, #2)
  • 13 Hangmen
  • Taking the Cake! (Confectionately Yours, #2)
  • The Boy Who Saved Baseball (Cruz de la Cruz, #2)
  • What Happened on Fox Street
  • Double Feature (Trading Faces, #4)
  • Wonkenstein
  • The Revolution of Evelyn Serrano
  • Kill Switch
  • Grim
  • The Janitor's Boy
  • The Hero Revealed (The Extraordinary Adventures of Ordinary Boy, #1)
  • Burn My Heart
The author of over 80 books in a little over a decade of writing, Dan Gutman has written on topics from computers to baseball. Beginning his freelance career as a nonfiction author dealing mostly with sports for adults and young readers, Gutman has concentrated on juvenile fiction since 1995. His most popular titles include the time-travel sports book Honus and Me and its sequels, and a clutch of...more
More about Dan Gutman...
The Homework Machine Miss Daisy Is Crazy! (My Weird School, #1) Babe & Me (A Baseball Card Adventure #3) Mission Unstoppable Mr. Klutz Is Nuts! (My Weird School, #2)

“No matter what ya do to help somebody, it'll hurt somebody else.” 3 likes
“You wanna grow up to be a trivia question?" she asked, challenging me. "Or do you wanna make a difference in the world?” 3 likes