Start by marking “Winter's Shadow” as Want to Read:
Winter's Shadow

Winter's Shadow

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  17 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Living for years amidst a whirlwind of fear and danger, Julia Farris finally snaps free from the bonds that kept her in Arizona. But when she arrives in her hometown of Edinboro, Pennsylvania, she realizes she’s jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire.

ebook
Published (first published December 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Winter's Shadow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Winter's Shadow

✿kawehi.reviews
Dec 14, 2013 ✿kawehi.reviews rated it liked it
Shelves: review-copy
description

Eh, this book is in a cross between DNF and completed. "Why?", you ask? Well, after the first 20% I merely just skimmed it to the finish since I wasn't invested in it at all. I know it sounds like I was reading this out of glutton punishment but I just had to know how the hell the dang book was going to end!!

SO, IN A NUTSHELL... Winter's Shadow" was merely just okay in my book. Nothing I haven't really come across but it was not horrible. I guess you can say that it merely was just not for me.
Laurie Garrison
Winter’s Shadow is a quick charming emotional read. The story is not unique, but I loved how it followed and the way the author tells it, it kept me interested and full of emotions. I liked the mystery in the story, It had me really thinking.

Julia comes back home for her parents death and checks into the local B&B, there she finds her first love Mark running the B&B and as she checks in the tension between them starts. Now Julia comes with a past and it’s not a good one, the thing is can
Doug
May 11, 2011 Doug rated it it was amazing
One of Ms Cavanaugh's best works. A story told with passion and compassion, in which the reader is immersed in the characters, emphasizes with them, and cares about their fate. I fully recommend this book.
Theresa
Nov 13, 2013 Theresa rated it it was amazing
You'll find it all inside: Suspense, Desire, Kidnapping, and Love. This is the first Virginia Cavanaugh, but the blurb pulled me in and I loved it. The story flows well and is hard to put down. The scenes are described well and times gets away from you as the pages fly by. Her secret had a way of following her, like a cold and eerie shadow, from the desert in Arizona to the cold winter in Edinboro, Pennsylvania. And now a bit about the story...

Julia and Mark were sweethearts in junior high and h
Denise Van plew
Nov 03, 2013 Denise Van plew rated it really liked it
Running away from a really bad marriage ashamed and afraid oh golly gee that in itself is a steamer trunk full that could weigh a person down and on top of that try living day to day with it. To top that off try meeting up with a high school sweetheart and now is very much alot of man what's a girl to do? Security sometimes lies in being back where you are from and the familiar can sometimes hold back the fear. Rekindled feelings and emotions can also breathe life back into a dying soul. Julia c ...more
LynnMarie
Jan 22, 2011 LynnMarie rated it liked it
Clare C's Review

Julia has escaped from an abusive husband. She returns to her hometown and her high school boyfriend looking for a fresh start. I thought this was a cute, sweet premise. She’s realized the mistake in judgment that took her away from Mr. Perfect in the first place, and she’s going to seize the life she should have had. It appealed to the romantic in me.

Some of the character development was uneven and the dialogue seemed stilted, but the characters are likeable, and I rooted for
D Thomas
Dec 07, 2011 D Thomas rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, holiday

With the death of his parents, Mark Webb went to part time at the local police department to run his parents’ bed and breakfast, a job he’s begun to think very lonely until his old high school flame shows up.

As Julia tries to seize control o
Haley Whitehall
Mar 10, 2013 Haley Whitehall rated it liked it
This is a short romance about an abused woman on the run who returns to her home town and falls in love with her high school sweat heart. It took me a while to get into this story although both Julie and Mark were both believable characters. The author did an exceptional job with Julie's traumatic past and how it affected her present relationship with Mark. I was hoping for more action and suspense. This is a story you can easily finish in a day.
Angela  P McLeod
Angela P McLeod rated it really liked it
May 10, 2016
Barb
Barb added it
Sep 01, 2015
Blanca
Blanca marked it as to-read
Oct 11, 2014
tunah kid reads
tunah kid reads rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Ndulgent Bloggers
Ndulgent Bloggers rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2014
Sharon Simpson
Sharon Simpson marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2013
Kar210 Thorp
Kar210 Thorp marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Trish
Trish marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Alana
Alana rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Alana
Alana rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2014
Elva
Elva marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2013
Simone
Simone marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2013
Katharina
Katharina rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2013
Jill
Jill marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2012
Benedicta
Benedicta marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2012
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2012
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
May 03, 2012
Sarah added it
Oct 31, 2012
Justromance.me Blog Hops
Justromance.me Blog Hops marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2012
Becky
Becky marked it as to-read
May 16, 2011
Book Two In Virginia Cavanaugh's Order of Night Series Now Available 1 1 Apr 30, 2011 07:01AM
Virginia Cavanaugh is a multi-published author of erotic romance. Her work covers many sub-genres as new characters present themselves to her every day. After working for years as a nurse in pediatrics, her love of the alpha hero sparked her desire to bring her own stories to life. When not playing housewife, mother, maid, laundress, taxi driver or just general all-around slave, she enjoys finding ...more
More about Virginia Cavanaugh...