1. Even though I am totally a night person, I find that my best writing gets done in the morning, right after I have eaten breakfast and am freshly showered.
2. I don’t have nearly the time that I used to for reading, but I continue to buy books–both to support my fellow authors, and in the vain hope that I will one day actually get a chance to read them.
3. I’ve been dyeing my hair unusual colors since I was twelve. I used Kool-Aid packets for the longest time. It is currently black and purple and has been for almost a year. This is the longest I’ve stuck with any of my dye jobs. And no, I no longer use Kool-Aid to dye my hair. I did use Special Effects, but now I have a pro do it just to save me time and aggravation.
4. My natural hair color is strawberry blonde.
5. My eyes change colors, often with my moods. Sometimes with the weather. Some people call that “hazel”. I hate the word “hazel”, but like my eyes.
6. I cannot swim and nearly drowned three times as a child.
7. My favorite food on the planet is fresh fruit. Chocolate is nice, but give me a big ol’ peach that drips juice down my chin any day.
8. When I was twelve (it was apparently a big year for me – hair dyeing and then this), I read CARRIE by Stephen King. Upon closing its cover, I said for the first time, “That’s what I want to be. I want to be an author.”
9. I am (ironically, considering how much I adore horror and all things spooky) afraid of the dark. No. That’s not true. I am afraid of what is IN the dark, and also what lurks in the closet and under my bed.
10. I am absolutely obsessed with all things Disney-related. If I could live in the Haunted Mansion at Disney World, I totally would.
11. I believe that there are no “bad” words. There are only more and less appropriate times to use certain words.
12. My birth date is September 21, 1973. Stephen King was born on September 21, 1947.
13. I own a couch made from an actual coffin (if you’re interested in buying one, check out www.coffincouches.com).
14. I collect unusual things, such as antique medical devices, antique doll’s eyes, a human skull, weird toys, and anything that you’d rather not see lurking in your doorway after watching a scary movie. I find them fascinating. And beautiful.
15. I have a little voice inside my head that tells me all sorts of awful, untrue things about myself. I’ve learned, for the most part, to ignore it. I’ve also made it my mission in life to help my Minions learn how to ignore their little head voices too. After all, we’re in this together.
16. I am terrified of clowns. But I love all things circus-related. Except for clowns, that is.
17. I don’t care what people think of me, which really comes in handy when I purposely do silly things in public.
18. My family and I adore puddle-jumping after a nice rain fall.
19. I don’t watch much television, but when I do, it’s cartoons (like SpongeBob, Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Family Guy, American Dad, etc.), trashy reality shows that I’m almost embarrassed to admit to (Real Housewives, Toddlers & Tiaras, Dance Moms, judge shows, etc.) or a small variety of miscellaneous shows (True Blood, American Pickers, Ghost Adventures, Dead Files, etc.). I don’t tend to watch any show that requires much of a commitment (except Korra and True Blood) or thought, unless it’s a documentary. I adore the Travel Channel and History.
20. I can’t stand when people tell me to watch a show. It just makes me not want to watch it. Plus, I have so little free time, I can’t afford to get wrapped up in anything else.
21. When I’m really stressed out, I have horrifically violent nightmares. I also take out my stress on the Sims. (Don’t ask.)
22. I adore bird watching.
23. I was morbidly obese for fifteen years. I lost 136 pounds with the assistance of my doctor and nutritionist–going from a size 24 to a size 3–and now, through healthy eating and exercise, I’m maintaining that loss.
24. I generally tend to avoid subjects like religion, politics, and sports.
25. I don’t like, play, or watch sports.
26. The worst thing that someone can do to me is lie to me, or hurt my family in some way. I don’t believe in holding grudges, but I do believe in removing negativity from my life. Sometimes that negativity is a person.
27. I love gardening.
28. Every time I hear a little girl squeal, “Mommy! Her hair is purple!”, I smile, because that little girl totally gets how cool having purple hair is.
29. The most recent book I’ve purchased is ZOMBIES HATE STUFF by Greg Stones.
30. I grew up in Michigan, but have lived all over the country and currently reside in Saint Louis, Missouri.
31. The winner of my latest mini-contest is Nichole.
32. I should really be writing right now.
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.