28 June 2012
Back in town. Getting my head together.
In the meantime, here are 10 things about my MacDowell Colony experience that I did not expect:
1. I saw a bear!
2. I ate more than I usually do (pre-MacDowell, this would have seemed unimaginable)
(lunch delivered daily in a basket — was unbelievable)
3. I drank less wine/alcohol than I usually do
4. I did not miss having 24/7 Internet (but I did miss my dog and my man)
5. The most intense cardiovascular workout of my time there was an Around-the-World ping-pong tournament
6. It was very social
7. “Studio” does not mean 100 square-foot room, but rather more like a beautiful little house
8. There were many artists there who are parents of small children
9. I did not have the breakthrough with my novel that I’d hoped for (boo hoo)
10. Other artists are anxious about their work as well
No comments have been added yet.