Josephine Angelini




mary
808 books | 174 friends

Cherie
1,815 books | 1,448 friends

papalbina
1,557 books | 326 friends

Lexa Sa...
286 books | 90 friends

▪》sen b...
1,276 books | 262 friends

Marita ...
806 books | 2,661 friends

Camilla...
816 books | 100 friends

Simone
1,019 books | 32 friends

More friends…

Josephine is following 4 people

Josephine Angelini

Goodreads Author


born
Ashland, Massachusetts, The United States
gender
female

website

twitter username

genre

member since
November 2010


About this author

Josephine Angelini is a Massachusetts native and the youngest of eight siblings. She graduated from New York University's Tisch School of the Arts in theater, with a focus on the classics. She now lives in Los Angeles with her husband.


Okay, so I woke up this morning to 52 emails. That’s never happened to me before. A lot of it had to do with the bananas response we got from the UK book trailer (which got over 27,000 hits in one day!), but even more had to do with the glowing review I got from the LA Times. http://lat.ms/ilAAPN

“Dreamless,” is slated for May 2012 — not soon enough, as far as I’m concerned. I haven’t wanted a... Read more of this blog post »
 •  flag
26 comments
Twitter_icon 47 likes · like  • 
Published on May 27, 2011 11:32 • 2,297 views
Average rating: 4.19 · 58,236 ratings · 6,464 reviews · 8 distinct works · Similar authors
Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)
4.12 of 5 stars 4.12 avg rating — 31,656 ratings — published 2011 — 38 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
Dreamless (Starcrossed, #2)
4.25 of 5 stars 4.25 avg rating — 17,186 ratings — published 2012 — 21 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
Goddess (Starcrossed, #3)
4.29 of 5 stars 4.29 avg rating — 8,613 ratings — published 2013 — 15 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
Starcrossed City (Starcross...
4.16 of 5 stars 4.16 avg rating — 639 ratings — published 2013
Rate this book
Clear rating
Göttlich verdammt / Göttlic...
by
4.36 of 5 stars 4.36 avg rating — 55 ratings — published 2013 — 2 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
Trial by Fire  ( Worldwalke...
4.57 of 5 stars 4.57 avg rating — 23 ratings — expected publication 2014 — 5 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
Starcrossed / Dreamless Bun...
4.42 of 5 stars 4.42 avg rating — 12 ratings — published 2013
Rate this book
Clear rating
PitchDark Presents the Dark...
by
3.8 of 5 stars 3.80 avg rating — 51 ratings — published 2011 — 2 editions
Rate this book
Clear rating
More books by Josephine Angelini…
Starcrossed Dreamless Goddess
Starcrossed (3 books)
by
4.186688004405211 of 5 stars 4.19 avg rating — 58,113 ratings

Trial by Fire
The Worldwalker Trilogy (1 book)
by
4.571428571428571 of 5 stars 4.57 avg rating — 21 ratings

Upcoming Events

No scheduled events. Add an event.

Josephine's Recent Updates

Josephine Angelini is now friends with Kim
7861452
Goddess by Josephine Angelini
Rate this book
Clear rating
Josephine Angelini made a comment on her profile
4552874
"Mondalia wrote: "Thank you for adding me!! I love you books, they are amazing! And I can't wait to read the third book!"

Thanks, Mondalia! <3
"
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
" Heartbreakingly Beautiful!!

I loved every page and I can't wait for it's offical release for the world to get their hands on this book!

"
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
" This series gets better and better. full review coming soon. :) "
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
" cant wait "
"McKenna wrote: "Starcrossed and Abandon (the two books that were really reviewed in the article) are two of my favorite modern retellings of Greek myt...more "
Josephine Angelini is now following Steven Bonacorsi's reviews
812792
12995284
"Hana Joy wrote: "Oh my, I'm so excited for this one... I want it right now!"

<3
"
Dreamless by Josephine Angelini
Rate this book
Clear rating
More of Josephine's books…
“I don’t care how hard being together is, nothing is worse than being apart.”
Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed

“She decided that if Lucas was gay then she was going to have to get a sex change operation. He would be so worth it.”
Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed

“How do you know all this about me?" Helen sputtered. Claire sighed.
"After I pushed you off the roof..." she began.
"After you WHAT?" Lucas yelled.”
Josephine Angelini, Starcrossed

Polls

More...

Topics Mentioning This Author

topics posts views last activity  
Cover to Cover Ch...: Darcy's 2011 Books 13 269 Jan 01, 2011 06:54PM  
Kismet Book Touring : Starcrossed on Tour May 16th to June 3rd! 17 25 Jun 03, 2011 04:52AM  
SOS: Serious Over...: MAY 2011: New Releases 12 93 Jun 08, 2011 05:55AM  
Wild Things: YA G...: May 2011 54 53 Jul 02, 2011 06:05PM  
Wild Things: YA G...: Reading Challenge #8- Report Points Here 413 142 Jul 02, 2011 06:24PM  
Gorgeous Guys, Be...: September's Read: Starcrossed 1 13 Aug 26, 2011 07:22AM  
100 books in 2011 : Karis 114 50 Sep 07, 2011 10:48AM  
One Million Pages...: ❤ ☠ Elyssa ☠❤ 106 97 Oct 02, 2011 11:27AM  
“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.”
T.S. Eliot

46362 Kismet Book Touring — 174 members — last activity Dec 13, 2011 07:02PM
Kismet Book Touring was founded in the beginning of 2011 by Heather and Danny to offer affordable and fun blog tours. Kismet BT’s goal is to foster th...more
25350 THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB — 7171 members — last activity 5 hours, 10 min ago
ALL GENRE COMMUNITY OF BOOK LOVERS-Perfect for those interested in good books of any genre, film and lively discussion!-(300 PLUS DISCUSSION TOPICS)fr...more
Comments (showing 1-50 of 154)    post a comment »

Alice (The Reader Room) I seem to be your first friend! I feel extremely honoured :)


Josephine Angelini Alice (The Reader Room) wrote: "I seem to be your first friend! I feel extremely honoured :)"

As am I Alice!!

It was so lonely before you showed up. ;)


Alice (The Reader Room) Josephine wrote: "Alice (The Reader Room) wrote: "I seem to be your first friend! I feel extremely honoured :)"

As am I Alice!!

It was so lonely before you showed up. ;)"


Aw. I hope you are less lonely now :)


message 4: by Terra

Terra Hi there, thanks for the friend request! I look forward to chattin with ya! Have a great day! ♥


Josephine Angelini Terra wrote: "Hi there, thanks for the friend request! I look forward to chattin with ya! Have a great day! ♥"

You too! :)


Sangria Thanks for approving my friends request. I can't wait to read your book! :D


Josephine Angelini Sangria3 wrote: "Thanks for approving my friends request. I can't wait to read your book! :D"

You're welcome.

I love your pooch! :)


Josephine Angelini Jackielyn wrote: "Thanks for accepting the friend request! Looking forward to the release day of your book, they sound intriguingly amazing. :)"

Thank you Jackielyn (beautiful name btw :)) for following my page.

xxxo
Josie


Michelle Aw you are so welcome! :) I'll let you know when my full review is up online.


Josephine Angelini Michelle wrote: "Aw you are so welcome! :) I'll let you know when my full review is up online."

Thanks!


papalbina Hi Josephine
First, thanks for accepting the friendship request. I loved your book :) And want more... :(
Second, please, please, please tell me you're working in the second book already and it is going very, very well :)
And at last the (stupid) question: how do you pronuntiate "Delos"?

Thank you very much ;)

BTW, your name sounds so pretty :)


the golden witch. No prob. I'm still processing everything before I do my review. :3

And yay, another Angelino!


the golden witch. Oh, and my review is finally up and live. Enjoy: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress....

Can it be May yet? Please? ;_;


message 14: by Josephine (last edited Mar 24, 2011 10:16AM)

Josephine Angelini papalbina wrote: "Hi Josephine
First, thanks for accepting the friendship request. I loved your book :) And want more... :(
Second, please, please, please tell me you're working in the second book already and it i..."


Aw, thanks for the many complements. I do have to say that I am very pleased my mother decided to name me Josephine. I think I got real lucky. :)

I have good news. The second book is already finished, and it is, from the feedback I've received so far, better than the first!

As far as the pronunciation for Delos, I've always said it-- Day-los. But I'm sure might be some variations. I've named them after the Greek island of Delos where Apollo was born.

Thank you again! :D

xxxo


Josephine Angelini the golden witch. wrote: "Oh, and my review is finally up and live. Enjoy: http://witchoftheatregoing.wordpress....

Can it be May yet? Please? ;_;"


Hi fellow Angelino!

WOW. I'm at a loss for words. Your review was so spot on. I really feel like you understood what I was trying to do with this, in particular your comments about teenage sexuality in YA.

Thank you. You made my day. :)

xxxo


message 16: by Aimee

Aimee (Coffee Table Reviews) Josephine wrote: "I have good news. The second book is already finished, and it is, from the feedback I've received so far, better than the first!"

Oh yay! I'm excited for book 2! Writing the review for the first was so hard to not include even the smallest of spoilers!


Josephine Angelini Aimee wrote: "Josephine wrote: "I have good news. The second book is already finished, and it is, from the feedback I've received so far, better than the first!"

Oh yay! I'm excited for book 2! Writing the revi..."


I could never write a review. I'm far too excitable. I would give everything away!


message 18: by Haylee

Haylee Hello, how are you? Thanks for the friend request! What are your favorite books? Have a nice day!
-Haylee


Josephine Angelini Haylee wrote: "Hello, how are you? Thanks for the friend request! What are your favorite books? Have a nice day!
-Haylee"


Hi Haylee!

I can't really pick favorites. I know, I know. But I'm not coping out-- I promise! I've just read so many wonderful books lately. Have you picked up "Die For Me" or "The Goddess Test" yet? Both are fantastic, both have heroines named "Kate" oddly enough, and I highly recommend them! :)


message 20: by Karen

Karen Thanks for the friend request. Just finished Starcrossed and loved it so much! Can't wait until it's in print so I can recommend it to my students!


Josephine Angelini Karen wrote: "Thanks for the friend request. Just finished Starcrossed and loved it so much! Can't wait until it's in print so I can recommend it to my students!"

Thank you, Karen! :)


Ms. MiLo thanks for the add :) I'm looking forward to reading your books :D


Josephine Angelini Ms. L wrote: "thanks for the add :) I'm looking forward to reading your books :D"

Thank you. :)


Silvia (Darkest Sins) Thanks for the add, Josephine!

I've just listened to "Where Do I Belong?", I watched the video you shared on Twitter and I was: "WOW, amazing..."! I was curious about Starcrossed after reading the summary, now I can't really wait to have a copy in my hands!! :)

Thanks again!

xo
Silvia


Josephine Angelini Silvia wrote: "Thanks for the add, Josephine!

I've just listened to "Where Do I Belong?", I watched the video you shared on Twitter and I was: "WOW, amazing..."! I was curious about Starcrossed after reading the..."


Awesome, thank you so much for letting me know, Silvia! :)


Rosa (Bajan Rosa Books) Thanks for the add, I enjoyed your book so much and I cant wait for Dreamless!!!!!


Josephine Angelini Rosa wrote: "Thanks for the add, I enjoyed your book so much and I cant wait for Dreamless!!!!!"

Thank you! <3


Gilbert&Gomez Thank you for accepting our friendship Josephine! And also thank you for going to our blog to read our review of Starcrossed. I means so much to us!!


Josephine Angelini Gilbert&Gomez wrote: "Thank you for accepting our friendship Josephine! And also thank you for going to our blog to read our review of Starcrossed. I means so much to us!!"

My pleasure! :)


message 30: by Aimee

Aimee Hi Josephine, I was wondering if you are going to offer more ipad skins for Starcrossed possibly? Because i would LOVE to order one :)
Thanks!
Aimee Riha


Josephine Angelini Aimee wrote: "Hi Josephine, I was wondering if you are going to offer more ipad skins for Starcrossed possibly? Because i would LOVE to order one :)
Thanks!
Aimee Riha"


Hi Aimee!

Unfortunately, I don't have any more skins for the iPad. :( I just have a couple left for the Kindle.

This is the place where I get them from if you'd like to order one. I think they're like $20.

http://www.gelaskins.com

You can use this hi-res image.

http://www.josephineangelini.com/imag...

xoxo

Josie


message 32: by Aimee

Aimee Josephine,
Thank you for letting me have the hi-res!
Def. going to look into having one made! I love the graphic!
Thank you again,
Aimee


Josephine Angelini Aimee wrote: "Josephine,
Thank you for letting me have the hi-res!
Def. going to look into having one made! I love the graphic!
Thank you again,
Aimee"


My pleasure! :)


message 34: by Cas

Cas I'm half-way finished Starcrossed, and I love it! I'm super excited for Dreamless, have a nice summer(:

--Hana


Josephine Angelini Hana Joy wrote: "I'm half-way finished Starcrossed, and I love it! I'm super excited for Dreamless, have a nice summer(:

--Hana"


Thank you, Hana! Glad you're enjoying it! :)


message 36: by Amy

Amy Thank you for the add. Just finished Starcrossed last night and it was amazing!!!


Josephine Angelini Amy wrote: "Thank you for the add. Just finished Starcrossed last night and it was amazing!!!"

My pleasure. And so happy to hear you liked my book! :)


message 38: by Dani

Dani Thanks for the add! Loved Starcrossed. It was original, unique and I just fell in love with your characters!


Josephine Angelini Dani wrote: "Thanks for the add! Loved Starcrossed. It was original, unique and I just fell in love with your characters!"

So glad you enjoyed it! :)


Annabelle Marie Veronica Starcrossed was incredible! I'm just upset that I hafta wait until May for Dreamless. I want to read it now!! (:


Josephine Angelini Annabelle Marie Veronica wrote: "Starcrossed was incredible! I'm just upset that I hafta wait until May for Dreamless. I want to read it now!! (:"

It's worth the wait!! ;)


Stephanie (Purdueliz) Baassler Thanks for adding me, I always love to see what authors are reading too! Just finished Starcrossed about an hour ago and I absolutely adored it. It's going to be a long wait till the next one comes out! I always manage to find series at the beginning.


Josephine Angelini Stephanie (Purdueliz) wrote: "Thanks for adding me, I always love to see what authors are reading too! Just finished Starcrossed about an hour ago and I absolutely adored it. It's going to be a long wait till the next one comes..."

My pleasure! So glad you enjoyed Starcrossed! <3


message 44: by Rianne~

Rianne~ Hi, You are an amazing author, i loved starcrossed!! I cried soo hard at the end, when her mother told Helen's mom told her that her and Lucas where brother and sister!:( i cant wait for the next book! im hoping and praying that they wont be apart for for long. haha:)
You're an amazing writer!!


message 45: by Josephine (last edited Jul 14, 2011 07:38PM)

Josephine Angelini Dice wrote: "Hi, You are an amazing author, i loved starcrossed!! I cried soo hard at the end, when...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment, Dice. I'm so flattered!!

Could I ask a favor though? Would you mind editing your comment so as to not give away any spoilers? Don't want to ruin it for those who haven't read it yet. :)

Thank you!! <3



message 46: by Sashana

Sashana Did you know that Starcrossed is on Teen Vogue's 25 must-read summer books list? Congrats!

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/201...


Josephine Angelini Sashana wrote: "Did you know that Starcrossed is on Teen Vogue's 25 must-read summer books list? Congrats!

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/201..."


I did!! How awesome is that!? Thank you!!! <3


Tvaleros (SpadesHighReads) Josephine wrote: "Sashana wrote: "Did you know that Starcrossed is on Teen Vogue's 25 must-read summer books list? Congrats!

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/201..."

I..."


I saw this too!! I was all "WOOT WOOT go josie go josie" lol Congrats Josie!!

p.s.
There are 3 covers out for Starcrossed, right? The US one w/ the blue purple cover, the Spanish (?) one with the sea picture, and the German one w/ all the gold look in the picture? am I missing one?


message 49: by Josephine (last edited Jul 15, 2011 03:58PM)

Josephine Angelini Tvaleros wrote: "Josephine wrote: "Sashana wrote: "Did you know that Starcrossed is on Teen Vogue's 25 must-read summer books list? Congrats!

http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/201......"


There is also the UK, which is the one that looks like it's on fire, and Sweeden, which is black.

http://www.josephineangelini.com/star...


Gina (Fantasia Books) thank you for accepting :) just read starcrossed and I absolutely loved it!! I love greek mythology and it was a great story idea :)I thought that the ending was kinda sad and couldn't believe some parts of the book :D cannot wait to read Dreamless, should be amazing!!


« previous 1 3 4
back to top