Sarah Dessen's Blog, page 5
May 31, 2013
1. I’m starting this Five on Thursday morning, as I am en route to the airport. I’m going to New York for BookExpo America, the big publishing convention that is always tons of fun. And hectic. Which is why I think tomorrow, when I am scheduled basically from 10am until I go to bed, will NOT be the ideal time to be trying to blog. Just a hunch. Once I get to NYC today, I’m going to a fancy party (thrown by People magazine, OMG, regular readers KNOW how excited/nervous/insanely neurotic I am t...
May 24, 2013
1.Okay, people: my pub date is getting SERIOUSLY close. In fact, this time next week I’ll be at BEA in New York, having already done this amazing event that I still can’t believe I am a part of:
If there is a JPEG image, it must be really happening, right? So that’s Thursday night. Friday I’m running around and have a big party thrown by my publisher, and then Saturday it is off to the Javits Center to sign books. (If you are attending BEA, I’ll be in the autographing area at Table 5 from 10-1...
May 21, 2013
…and it didn’t show up, my apologies! My site was attacked by some spambots ande everything got all wonky. What a mess. Thankfully my SUPER awesome web guy Mark is on the case, and things seem to be up and running again. We’re going to implement some things to hopefully keep it from happening again. Fingers crossed!
Anyway, while you’re here (or reading this, or whatever) I’ve updated my THE MOON AND MORE page with some background info about where I got the idea for the book. (Spoiler: it invo...
May 17, 2013
1. Full confession: I am writing much of this Five on Thursday night, because I just KNOW how nuts this week has been and I expect nothing less from Friday tomorrow. Also, my kid is actually ENTERTAINING HERSELF (I know!) so I better make the best of it while it lasts. We had so much crazy happening here this week. My daughter got sick, with only two weeks of precious preschool left. Our dishwasher, the old soldier, finally gave up the ghost after 13 years of service. Plus my husband was gett...
May 11, 2013
Okay, so I’ve gotten the go ahead to post this updated list of where I’ll be for the book tour of THE MOON AND MORE, out June 3rd. Please contact the bookstores for more details, as some events may be ticketed. Will update this list when I know for sure. Here we go:
Monday, June 3rd: The Regulator Bookshop, Durham, NC 7pm
Tuesday June 4th: Off-site event with Politics and Prose bookstore at the MLK Public Library, Washington DC, 7pm
Wednesday, June 5th: Off-site event with Wellesley Books, Natic...
May 10, 2013
1. Okay, I know that I say this every Friday, but this week has been CRAZY. For all the regular reasons—two dogs recovering from surgeries with a billion pills to force down them each morning, Teacher Appreciation Week at preschool, the day-to-day chaos—but also because on Wednesday, I flew up to Chicago for a do-over for a school visit that I was scheduled to do during the paperback tour for WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. It was at Granger School in Aurora, which was closed on the day I supposed...
May 3, 2013
1. Sometimes, I have no one to blame but myself for chaos. This weekend, and today, are a prime example of this. Did I need to schedule an early morning school visit AND try to drop my dogs at the vet/kennel for surgery/boarding AND head for an out of town wedding, all at the same time? Of course not. Am I trying to do this? Well, yes. It’s working out as well as you’d expect. There’s actually something a bit more manageable about total craziness that is my fault versus, say, the universe’s o...
April 26, 2013
1. Hi there.
Okay, so I’m home, after that blur/whirlwind that was the week long paperback tour for WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE. Good gracious. I had no idea how tired I was until I hit my own bed, and I’ve done pretty much nothing since but stay there and plan when I can get back in it when I DO actually have to get up. What a great trip, though. I mean, there were the crazy wake-up calls (one night, in Seatttle, I went to bed at 10pm and had to get up at 2:30am, whoa) and some running for plane...
April 19, 2013
1. So this has been quite a week, to say the least. I’m not sure if it’s appropriate to be blogging at all, actually, considering everything that is happening in the news. The Marathon bombings, the explosion in Texas and now a manhunt that has everyone in Boston on edge. I’ve been traveling since Wednesday, and so only catching up in bits and pieces, but it all makes me SO sad. Who knew that a dull stretch would seem like such a wonderful thing? I am sure I am not the only one who would welc...
I’ll be at the LA Times Book Festival this weekend, on Sunday, April 21st (so excited!). Here’s my schedule:
12pm: “Call Me Maybe” panel with Gayle Forman, Robin Benway and Morgan Matson, moderated by Holly Goldberg Sloan
1pm: post-panel signing
3pm: Mrs. Nelson’s Booth signing
Come say hello if you can!